2024 GOP Presidential Race (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Clearly Trump supporters want the other kind of "democracy".

See: 1/6/21
    On that date, I and the overwhelming majority of the millions of Trump supporters were at home or at work, or going about their lives as usual.

A tiny minority of Trump supporters were in DC that day. A fraction of those went to the Capitol, and a much smaller fraction of those became violent.

I condemn the ones who became violent. But as far as 1/6 being an insurrection or an attempted coup, I withhold judgement on that until the FBI comes clean about the number of paid operators it had in and around the Capitol and what their instructions were.

Robert F Kennedy Jr, the conspiracy theorist and vaccine skeptic challenging Joe Biden for the Democratic presidential nomination, told an interviewer he had “conversations with dead people” every day.

Kennedy’s uncle, John F Kennedy, the 35th US president, was assassinated in Dallas in 1963. His father, Robert F Kennedy, the US attorney general and New York senator, was killed in Los Angeles five years later.

In an interview with the Free Press, Kennedy was asked how he thought his father and uncle would tackle challenges facing America today.

“I do meditations every day,” Kennedy said. “That’s kind of the nature of my meditations. I have a lot of conversations with dead people.”

“In a follow-up text,” the Free Press said, Kennedy clarified: “They are one-way prayers for strength and wisdom. I get no strategic advice from the dead.”

The Free Press said its interviewer was greeted at Kennedy’s Los Angeles home by a guard “with an earpiece and a nondisclosure agreement”. After the interviewer refused to sign the document, Kennedy “came out, shrugged, and led me inside”.

Describing Kennedy’s gilded but tragic family story, the Free Press noted that he thinks his father was probably killed by the CIA, and his uncle definitely.

The site also detailed Kennedy’s transformation from environmental campaigner to vaccine skeptic and conspiracy theorist, a process accelerated by the Covid pandemic.

Kennedy’s sister, the human rights campaigner Kerry Kennedy, has said: “I love Bobby. I think he’s just completely wrong on [Covid vaccines] and very dangerous.”…….

Do many people need Covid vaccines anymore?
    Are Covid Vaccines currently an important issue?

Do many people need Covid vaccines anymore?
    Are Covid Vaccines currently an important issue?
    Yes many, many people need Covid vaccines Steve. And yes, it’s still an important issue. Right now there are new variants popping up in various parts of the world, and I would think (hope) scientists are working on a new vaccine for the new variants before they become a new wave of illnesses. We have been fortunate in that Omicron was a bit less deadly, was still mitigated by the original vaccines somewhat and that doctors have a few more treatment weapons than they had at first. We have no guarantee that these new variants will also be less deadly or be mitigated at all by the vaccines we currently have. This disease isn’t going to go away it will have to be managed and periodic vaccines will be an important part of that management.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Texas congressman Will Hurd, a onetime CIA officer and fierce critic of Donald Trump, announced on Thursday that he’s running for president, hoping to build momentum as a more moderate alternative to the Republican primary field’s early front-runner.

Hurd, who made the announcement on CBS, served three terms in the House through January 2021, becoming the chamber’s only Black Republican during his final two years in office.

“This morning I filed to be Republican nominee for president of the United States,” he said on “CBS Mornings.”

Hurd said in a video launching his White House bid that the “soul of our country is under attack,” reminiscent of Democrat Joe Biden’s slogan about the 2020 race being a “battle for the soul of the nation.”

“Our enemies plot, create chaos, and threaten the American Dream. At home, illegal immigration and fentanyl stream into our country. Inflation, still out of control. Crime and homelessness growing in our cities,” Hurd says in the video. “President Biden can’t solve these problems — or won’t. And if we nominate a lawless, selfish, failed politician like Donald Trump — who lost the House, the Senate, and the White House — we all know Joe Biden will win again.”……..

On that date, I and the overwhelming majority of the millions of Trump supporters were at home or at work, or going about their lives as usual.

A tiny minority of Trump supporters were in DC that day. A fraction of those went to the Capitol, and a much smaller fraction of those became violent.

I condemn the ones who became violent. But as far as 1/6 being an insurrection or an attempted coup, I withhold judgement on that until the FBI comes clean about the number of paid operators it had in and around the Capitol and what their instructions were.
    Come clean about what? You think the FBI was somehow responsible? That's laughable.

Also, there have already been numerous rioters charged and found guilty with sedition and other serious crimes related to 1/6.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Texas congressman Will Hurd, a onetime CIA officer and fierce critic of Donald Trump, announced on Thursday that he’s running for president, hoping to build momentum as a more moderate alternative to the Republican primary field’s early front-runner.

Hurd, who made the announcement on CBS, served three terms in the House through January 2021, becoming the chamber’s only Black Republican during his final two years in office.

“This morning I filed to be Republican nominee for president of the United States,” he said on “CBS Mornings.”

Hurd said in a video launching his White House bid that the “soul of our country is under attack,” reminiscent of Democrat Joe Biden’s slogan about the 2020 race being a “battle for the soul of the nation.”

“Our enemies plot, create chaos, and threaten the American Dream. At home, illegal immigration and fentanyl stream into our country. Inflation, still out of control. Crime and homelessness growing in our cities,” Hurd says in the video. “President Biden can’t solve these problems — or won’t. And if we nominate a lawless, selfish, failed politician like Donald Trump — who lost the House, the Senate, and the White House — we all know Joe Biden will win again.”……..

I get a Dick Cheney vibe from him every time I hear him speak. Maybe it's their CIA background.

Thank you for the confirmation.

You're the one who implied something was up with the FBI. I'm not sure why you even brought up the FBI to begin with. What was your point?
    My point was that I'll withhold judgement until we know all the facts.

Maybe you are not aware that the FBI has been asked several times about paid informants it may have had in the capital in place before the riots started. They have regularly refused to answer even under oath to congress. That is why I bring up the fbi.

My point was that I'll withhold judgement until we know all the facts.

Maybe you are not aware that the FBI has been asked several times about paid informants it may have had in the capital in place before the riots started. They have regularly refused to answer even under oath to congress. That is why I bring up the fbi.
    Under what context were they asked? I don't recall them being formally questioned about it. I always understood as pure speculation by those who want to smear the FBI.

Do you condemn the ones who didn't become violent but still stormed the Capitol? Do you condem the ones who threatend with violence but weren't physically violent?
    We know, yall just say stuff like they were just tourists and it was all a misunderstanding and blame Antifa...lol

Do you condemn the ones who didn't become violent but still stormed the Capitol? Do you condem the ones who threatend with violence but weren't physically violent?
    We know, yall just say stuff like they were just tourists and it was all a misunderstanding and blame Antifa...lol
    …or condem the ones happy to over throw the election just to get what they want?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom