2024 GOP Presidential Race (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

You’re being very unfair to Kaitlin Collins. She called someone a f*g and said she wasn’t sure she would want to room with a lesbian. She apologized, but those aren’t that awful. To impune her credibility as a journalist based on that is very unfair. She did a great job interviewing Trump. I didn’t sense any sympathy to the issues. She was very level and well prepared to fact check in person. I was impressed.
    I didn’t watch it, but your opinion is the first one I’ve seen that she did anything close to a good job. In fact, quite the opposite.

I’m seeing reporting that Trump repeated many lies about abortion, even the stupidest lie of all that Democrats want abortion to be legal even up to and “after birth” and Collins didn’t push back at any of his abortion lies.

This is just one example. She didn’t have anything close to control of the situation from what I’ve read. It would be extremely difficult to rebut Trump. CNN needed to give this job to someone with a lot more experience than Collins.

She did work for The Daily Caller. And you can say her statements aren’t that awful, whatever, that’s your opinion. To my mind, this may provide a clue about her personal politics, or it may not. But it’s enough to plant a doubt in my mind. Anyone who would work for Tucker’s propaganda rag is suspect.

Trump: I can end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours.

Collins: How?

Trump: Derp de derp ferp

Collins: Moving on . . .

Ask him how again you jackass. Make him tell you how! Don’t let him dodge the question. If he says he can’t say then ask if it’s no different than his health care plan he never released. Or his tax returns. And then ask him again how he would end the war. And again.

This isn’t rocket science. People with law degrees from night school know how to do this. You’re supposed to be a journalist - you’re a joke.

Hasan opinion piece:

“So CNN, with this ridiculous town hall format and an audience seemingly recruited “from the Mar-a-Lago parking lot,” put its own anchor in a position to fail. The only way Collins really could have even semi-succeeded would have been if she had ignored the audience and the format entirely and instead tried to pin Trump down on each and every one of his false and offensive statements.

Of course, the CNN anchor didn’t — couldn’t! — do that. But format aside, she didn’t do herself any favors, either.

When Trump falsely denied he had suggested “terminating” parts of the Constitution, Collins didn’t correct him.

When Trump falsely claimed Democrats wanted to execute babies, Collins didn’t correct him.

When Trump falsely claimed he finished building his border wall, Collins tried to correct him — but he just talked over her.

And when Trump made a racist remark about Chinatown, Collins said nothing whatsoever. Nor did she defend herself when he called her a “nasty person.”

Sorry, but — as predicted — this was a clear win for Trump. He felt no pressure and conceded nothing. He was welcomed onto CNN to address an audience of non-Republicans watching at home and an audience of loyal Republicans sitting in that hall in New Hampshire. Win-win.”

I watched maybe 5 minutes and that is all I could stand.

That was like watching a monkey fork a football

That “anchor” lady is straight up garbage. She got dogwalked by him. If she has any dignity, she would quit out of pure shame and embarrassment.

The nausea came gradually, then suddenly, and with disconcerting familiarity. We had been flung back in time to the political hellscape of 2016. Only the second time around, it was somehow worse.

Donald Trump, the former US president appearing on CNN for the first time since that fateful election year, lied and lied and lied. He was a leviathan of lying, a juggernaut of junk, an ocean liner of mendacity that left little boats of truth spinning and overturning in its wake.

Trump called a Black police officer a “thug”. He made racist comments about Chinatown in Washington. He described host Kaitlan Collins as a “nasty person”. He made fun of a woman he sexually abused as a “whack job”. He refused to say whether he wants Russia or Ukraine to win the war.

Given the 45th president’s inability to change, it was the definition of shocking but not surprising. What may have come as a rude awakening to the pundit class is that many in the audience in Manchester, New Hampshire, were lapping it up and cheering him on. Some gave Trump a standing ovation as he walked in. Some clapped and hollered at his responses. Some laughed or put their hands to their mouths, visibly thrilled by his “Can he really say that?” taboo-busting.

Anyone taken aback by these reactions has not been paying attention to Trump rallies, where being outlandish and outrageous and cruel is the point. Although CNN’s decision to devote more than an hour of prime time to Trump backfired horribly, it did perform the service of forcing the American public to look at itself in the mirror…….

The problem is that it takes 5 minutes to fact check 30 seconds of Trump lies.

I'm not sure what anyone interviewing or moderating for him could do other than shout over him.

They should just do a total media blackout of Trump, even if he's the nominee, but they won't do that because of ratings.

The problem is that it takes 5 minutes to fact check 30 seconds of Trump lies.

I'm not sure what anyone interviewing or moderating for him could do other than shout over him.

They should just do a total media blackout of Trump, even if he's the nominee, but they won't do that because of ratings.
    There’s also the “equal time” requirements. I’m not sure that they can ignore one nominee and allow the other to speak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom