2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Some will, some wont. Drip drip drip.

This news got to one Republican I know whom I didn't think it would. Yet was news totally ignored by other Republicans I know.

:)

I would describe it as erosion. Or rust which slowly eats away at what once was something.
    I hope this becomes a reality with more and more Republicans

Last edited:
    ……In other words, it will be a weird election in every way. Yet, despite staring at a growing, violent, nativist, fascist-like movement that doggedly supports Trump, the mainstream American news media seems poised to treat both candidates as if they are viable, reasonable representatives of the traditions their political parties have grown to symbolize.

It’s as if they have learned nothing.

CNN, the leading 24-hour news network, will host Trump for a “town hall” forum in New Hampshire on Wednesday, as if he were a regular candidate leading the race for the nomination of a regular party.

The CNN forum comes just one day after Trump was found liable for $5 million in damages for sexually assaulting and defaming journalist E. Jean Carroll.

Of course, CNN will probably do the same for the three or four others who are likely to challenge him for the Republican nomination (so far, the former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and former Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson are the only viable non-crank candidates).

A few more might jump in, but the more challenges Trump faces, the more likely he will lock up the nomination on the first primary day, rather than a month later.

Putting a microphone and three cameras on Trump as if he were just another candidate and not an instigator of the violent disruption of American democracy and leader of a conspiracy to overthrow the results of a national election is the height of journalistic irresponsibility.

The conservative columnist Alyssa Farah Griffin defended CNN by saying that the host, Kaitlan Collins, is “tough” and won’t let Trump “get away with lying without being called out”.

That’s exactly the problem. CNN is in the business of performing toughness and balance, not primarily producing journalism that serves to enlighten citizens and enhance democracy.

CNN seems to exist to create tweetable moments of anchor “toughness”, through which the celebrities who appear on air make events and interviews all about them.

The CNN faces are tough enough to stand in the wind and rain of a hurricane, and tough enough to call out a politician – even a bully like Trump – for lying. But that’s easy and shallow. Ultimately, it hurts democracy……

Hi, Siva.

Have you met Capitalism? It seems you've never met Capitalism.

It's not that the networks haven't learned, it's that they don't forking care.

You have to wonder if Trump can't run did Desantis already poisoned the well for himself? His crusade against Disney goes against the core principals of conservatives corporate bootlicking.

Kaitlan Collins is doing fine. Trump is forking infuriating. Makes my skin crawl watching this nonsense. Shame on CNN for giving him this platform. I sure hope people realize he's a complete embarrassment to the country.

Fork Trump and his lemmings.

Kaitlan Collins is doing fine. Trump is forking infuriating. Makes my skin crawl watching this nonsense. Shame on CNN for giving him this platform. I sure hope people realize he's a complete embarrassment to the country.

I really can't get behind this "shame on CNN" stuff. Donald Trump is an announced candidate running for president in the 2024 election and he has significant support. I think the CNN (If they want to claim they are a legitimate news organization) should give him the opportunity to speak. I don't think they need to coddle him, and I would hope they will make every effort to hold him accountable and to make him answer those tough questions he doesn't want to answer.

I think it would be significantly worse of CNN NOT to treat him like any other candidate.

Yea. It might not even be so bad if the audience wasn't packed with only Trump supporters. If it had been at least balanced, this wouldn't be such a shirtshow.

I really can't get behind this "shame on CNN" stuff. Donald Trump is an announced candidate running for president in the 2024 election and he has significant support. I think the CNN (If they want to claim they are a legitimate news organization) should give him the opportunity to speak. I don't think they need to coddle him, and I would hope they will make every effort to hold him accountable and to make him answer those tough questions he doesn't want to answer.

I think it would be significantly worse of CNN NOT to treat him like any other candidate.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just hate that he can. He's talking like a moron and the audience is applauding it. Ugh.

By packing the audience with Trumpers they are coddling him, though, IMO. Especially if they don’t ask the tough questions.

I’m just gonna scroll Twitter. This guy is a good follow, lol. This is from the Disney earnings call today.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just hate that he can. He's talking like a moron and the audience is applauding it. Ugh.
    Some of the audience is applauding. From the shots I've seen it's a minority. And, man do they look dumb.

Edit to add: It may have been a majority that supported Trump. I say that from shots I saw later.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom