2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

For what it’s worth
    ==============
    Donald Trump leads President Joe Biden by nine points in the important swing state of Pennsylvania, where Mr Biden’s narrow win in 2020 helped him secure the White House.

The Emerson College 11 October poll revealed the former president had 45 per cent of the vote compared to Mr Biden’s 36 per cent. Eleven per cent of the participants said they would vote for “someone else” while eight percent remained undecided.

Mr Biden won the state in 2020 by a slim margin, which prompted Mr Trump to challenge his loss, which ultimately was rejected in the courts.

According to the poll, 50 per cent of Trump voters said they can’t think of anything the former president might do in the near future that would make them choose not to support him in 2024.…..

Yeah, there's no room for isolationist ideology right now. We can't stick our heads in the sand and pretend the world can't touch us. That's never been a good policy.

Yeah, there's no room for isolationist ideology right now. We can't stick our heads in the sand and pretend the world can't touch us. That's never been a good policy.
    If Nikki Haley can place well in Iowa New Hampshire and South Carolina....maybe the populace who are not tuned in right now will actually notice her.

Former vice president Mike Pence’s 2024 campaign has accumulated $620,000 in debt, a signal of financial troubles as Pence has struggled to gain traction in the Republican primary.

The campaign said it had raised $3.3 million in the third quarter of this year, with $1.2 million available for use, according to early numbers provided before federal filings are made public Sunday.

Pence gave $150,000 of his own money to his campaign, an aide said.

The campaign declined to provide more details or comment about the unpaid bills. NBC News first reported the campaign’s numbers……..

If Nikki Haley can place well in Iowa New Hampshire and South Carolina....maybe the populace who are not tuned in right now will actually notice her.
    I think there's less chance of a non-white woman getting the nomination than a non-white man.

Case in point, how many House Representatives or Republican pundits have you heard mention the names of non-white or female people as candidates for Speaker of the House?

I think there's less chance of a non-white woman getting the nomination than a non-white man.

Case in point, how many House Representatives or Republican pundits have you heard mention the names of non-white or female people as candidates for Speaker of the House?
    I understand what your saying. Yet in life there can be something that happens that never happened before. There was never an African American President until it happened. Sometimes people can just decide that "today" is the right time to go in a new direction.

I understand what your saying. Yet in life there can be something that happens that never happened before. There was never an African American President until it happened. Sometimes people can just decide that "today" is the right time to go in a new direction.
    There's always signs pointing to something new happening, even Obama. It very rarely happens out of the blue, especially in politics.

I didn't say it was impossible, just that it's highly unlikely and there is zero evidence of any trends in that direction.

There's less of a chance of a non-white woman winning the Republican nomination than an actual loaf of white bread.

Last edited:
    No evidence? @LA - L.A. No signs?

It's still a long shot. She is going to have to pull support from Trump in order to beat him, and that means people who ordinarily you wouldn't want in your camp. She could get 100% of everyone else's support and still have a hard time beating Trump.

Nature of the Republican primary unfortunately.

It's still a long shot. She is going to have to pull support from Trump in order to beat him, and that means people who ordinarily you wouldn't want in your camp. She could get 100% of everyone else's support and still have a hard time beating Trump.

Nature of the Republican primary unfortunately.
    My hypothetical is that she finishes 2nd in New Hampshire. Let's just pick a random number...she finishes 25 percentage points behind Trump .
    Then in South Carolina...her home turf she finishes a close 2nd to Trump....maybe 10 percentage points behind him.
    Now in this Steve-hypothetical scenario....now the nation as a whole has taken notice of her.
    The people with money who want to back a candidate who is NOT Trump....the big donors all come together to support her. Suddenly when we get BEYOND Super Tuesday it becomes a 2 candidate race. There will be other candidates holding on....but in my hypothetical scenario the polling will show it will be Trump and Haley with some dropping out and others just hanging in with no realistic shot.
    THEN she DOES have a chance.
    All my dominoes have to line up....but I can see a path for my hypothetical to become a reality.

Last edited:
    Former vice president Mike Pence’s 2024 campaign has accumulated $620,000 in debt, a signal of financial troubles as Pence has struggled to gain traction in the Republican primary.

The campaign said it had raised $3.3 million in the third quarter of this year, with $1.2 million available for use, according to early numbers provided before federal filings are made public Sunday.

Pence gave $150,000 of his own money to his campaign, an aide said.

The campaign declined to provide more details or comment about the unpaid bills. NBC News first reported the campaign’s numbers……..

sad that his followers must think trump is a better christian then him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom