2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Very good.
    It is not your job to "help that".
    You vote how you want.
    I'll vote how I want.
    Done deal ;)
    I'll say this, you are absolutely right in defending your voting stance.
    You are right in the same way that a certified lifeguard would be right to say "I didn't kill him" speaking of a man who drowns as the life guard chooses not to help him. The lifeguard didn't want the man to drown but he didn't help him not drown.

Every person is different. Everyone has to live with their own decisions. If I were a lifeguard with an opportunity to save a drowning man, I couldn't live with the fact that knowing that I could have saved a drowning man, I chose not because I was under no obligation to do so.

In this case, the drowning man is democracy in the US. At the end of the day, it's your vote to cast how you see fit and it's nobody's place to tell you for whom you should cast it.

In 2016, that system will offer 130 million or so voters just three options:

A. I prefer Donald Trump be President, rather than Hillary Clinton.

B. I prefer Hillary Clinton be President, rather than Donald Trump.

C. Whatever everybody else decides is OK with me.

That’s it. Those are the choices. All strategies other than a preference for Trump over Clinton or vice-versa reduce to Option C.
    I'd say it's actually worse than that.

Because someone is abdicating their responsibility to select the "lesser of two evils," they are increasing the odds that the greater of two evils wins.

So it's not "Whatever everybody else decides is OK with me." It's "I'm ok with the greater of two evils winning as long as I didn't have to directly vote for that person and you can't totally blame me for it."

Last edited:
    I'd say it's actually worse than that.

Because someone is abdicating their responsbility to select the "lesser of two evils," they are increasing the odds that the greater of two evils wins.

So it's not "Whatever everybody else decides is OK with me." It's "I'm ok with the greater of two evils winning as long as I didn't have to directly vote for that person and you can't totally blame me for it."

And the reason people feel comfortable letting the "greater of two evils" win is becase they believe that them and their group won't be targeted by "the greater evil", but protected. It's extremely shortsighted becase Trump, in this case, doesn't give to shirts about them and will take them out as well if his ego/situation demads it.

Also, Biden isn't even evil (in this sense). He just believes women should have the right to choose and that's what makes him evil in thier eyes.

And the reason people feel comfortable letting the "greater of two evils" win is becase they believe that them and their group won't be targeted by "the greater evil", but protected. It's extremely shortsighted becase Trump, in this case, doesn't give to shirts about them and will take them out as well if his ego/situation demads it.

Also, Biden isn't even evil (in this sense). He just believes women whould have the right to choose and that's what makes him evil in thier eyes.
    He believes women should be fully autonomous people like men are. It shouldn’t even be considered that women need to have that “granted” to them as if they are second class citizens.

I'll say this, you are absolutely right in defending your voting stance.
    You are right in the same way that a certified lifeguard would be right to say "I didn't kill him" speaking of a man who drowns as the life guard chooses not to help him. The lifeguard didn't want the man to drown but he didn't help him not drown.

Every person is different. Everyone has to live with their own decisions. If I were a lifeguard with an opportunity to save a drowning man, I couldn't live with the fact that knowing that I could have saved a drowning man, I chose not because I was under no obligation to do so.

In this case, the drowning man is democracy in the US. At the end of the day, it's your vote to cast how you see fit and it's nobody's place to tell you for whom you should cast it.
    No.
    I will vote for the best candidate.
    Joe Biden is not the best candidate.
    If America is foolish enough to want Joe Biden to president until he is 89 years old...that's on them.
    Trump has yet another legal issue. A 3rd one.
    Maybe all of you are obsessing over Trump for nothing.
    The Life guard analogy was stupid though.
    BTW...I live and vote in NJ . NJ almost always supports the Democrat.
    So IF Trump was on the ballot in NJ he would not prevail here in my state. I don't need to vote for old man Biden to keep Trump from the presidency.
    It's not on me.

No.
    If America is foolish enough to want Joe Biden to president until he is 89 years old...that's on them.
    So IF Trump was on the ballot in NJ he would not prevail here in my state. I don't need to vote for old man Biden to keep Trump from the presidency.
    It's not on me.
    You will vote for who you believe to be the best candidate.

You will also participate in electing Donald Trump.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

No.
    It's not on me.
    Let's pivot for a second.

Assume third party is not an option.

Who do you believe to be the better candidate for president? Trump, or Biden?

I'm not asking who you would vote for if those were the only two options (because you'd probably say you'd sit out).

I'm asking you who you think is the better candidate between those two choices.

Equally bad is not an option.

How exactly is that analogy stupid? You have the ability to help prevent someone who is hell-bent on killing democracy in this country yet you are clearly saying "Not my problem". No you didn't kill democracy but you didn't do anything to help it either. The analogy was apropos.

What is stupid is the attitude that helping to stop someone who is actively campaigning to turn America into something it has been against from its inception is "Not your problem". Last time I checked, people from NJ were still Americans.

How exactly is that analogy stupid? You have the ability to help prevent someone who is hell-bent on killing democracy in this country yet you are clearly saying "Not my problem". No you didn't kill democracy but you didn't do anything to help it either. The analogy was apropos.

What is stupid is the attitude that helping to stop someone who is actively campaigning to turn America into something it has been against from its inception is "Not your problem". Last time I checked, people from NJ were still Americans.
    Words and actions don't match up, so all he can say is "not my problem". It's a crappy and flippant response to a serious issue. It's kinda like saying 1/6 is not my problem. Doesn't care if it happens or not.

No.

It's not on me.
    He'd be 86 at terms end as opposed to 83 with Trump, not much difference there, so thats just a dumb reason.
    Maybe its not obsessing, maybe its a legitimate concern.
    But i agree with the last one. I do not vote for the 2 trash parties in elections if given a third choice i feel is better.

So the manner in which the leading GOP candidate for president (twice impeached and under multiple indictments) sexually assaulted a woman in a store dressing room has now been succinctly summarized by a federal district judge in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

If you're wondering why the judge undertook to write this summary, it's because Trump asked him to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom