2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

So the manner in which the leading GOP candidate for president (twice impeached and under multiple indictments) sexually assaulted a woman in a store dressing room has now been succinctly summarized by a federal district judge in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

If you're wondering why the judge undertook to write this summary, it's because Trump asked him to.

Lol, Trump got...

Let's pivot for a second.

Assume third party is not an option.

Who do you believe to be the better candidate for president? Trump, or Biden?

I'm not asking who you would vote for if those were the only two options (because you'd probably say you'd sit out).

I'm asking you who you think is the better candidate between those two choices.

Equally bad is not an option.
    Is not answering at all an option? I have no words to share.

Supreme Court Justice Ted Cruz??????
    =========================

Biotech entrepreneur and Republican presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy on Monday released a list of 16 people he’d nominate to the U.S. Supreme Court or federal appellate courts if he becomes president, making him the first in the party’s field to itemize his possible top judicial appointments.

Ramaswamy’s list includes Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah as possible nominees for the nation’s top court, as well as elevating federal judges who struck down President Joe Biden’s airplane mask mandate and the FDA’s two-decade-long approval of the abortion pill.

The direction of the Supreme Court was a powerful issue for Donald Trump in his 2016 bid. Conservative voters’ hunger to have a Republican president be the one to appoint a replacement for Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in early 2016, helped land the former reality TV star in the White House.

Trump in the 2016 primary released his own list of possible appointments to the high court to reassure his new party’s voters that he was in line with their judicial agenda.

In an interview, Ramaswamy, 37, said he was releasing the list of possible appointments to show voters where he stood.

“It’s important, when you’re asking voters to select the next president of the United States, that you be as transparent as you can about what you’re going to do,” Ramaswamy said.

Ramaswamy is the latest Republican candidate trying to recapture conservative enthusiasm around the court as Democrats have become increasingly energized by its conservative rulings.............

He'd be 86 at terms end as opposed to 83 with Trump, not much difference there, so thats just a dumb reason.
    Maybe its not obsessing, maybe its a legitimate concern.
    But i agree with the last one. I do not vote for the 2 trash parties in elections if given a third choice i feel is better.
    There are reasons to believe that MANY Americans are going to vote 3rd Party if the only two options are Biden and Trump.
    Nov 2024 may be a record breaking election in that regard.

...........Among the big things the biotech entrepreneur wants to do includes getting rid of the FBI, issuing day-one pardons, such as for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and eliminating collective bargaining powers for federal employees.

He would also cap how long most federal employees can work for the government to no more than eight years, just like a president's term limit.

Ramaswamy said his campaign plans to "mechanically lay out" at a campaign stop in New Hampshire this week exactly how he would shut down a wave of government agencies, including federal law enforcement agencies which have been criticized by conservative lawmakers and activists for their pursuit of Trump investigations.

"I think the FBI as an institution should not exist," he said.............

There are reasons to believe that MANY Americans are going to vote 3rd Party if the only two options are Biden and Trump.
    THIS ONE!!!.....

Instead of focusing energy on getting Steve from NJ to vote for Biden....focus your energy on getting Biden to back out from running and Trump to be placed on House Arrest.
    That would be a better use of your energy...people.

i don't think it'll be as much as 2016. Biden isn't 1/10th as bad a candidate as Hillary was. the two aren't even in the same universe. A lot of people couldn't hold their nose and vote for Hillary (and i know some that say they regret it).

Supreme Court Justice Ted Cruz??????
    =========================

Biotech entrepreneur and Republican presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy on Monday released a list of 16 people he’d nominate to the U.S. Supreme Court or federal appellate courts if he becomes president, making him the first in the party’s field to itemize his possible top judicial appointments.

Ramaswamy’s list includes Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah as possible nominees for the nation’s top court, as well as elevating federal judges who struck down President Joe Biden’s airplane mask mandate and the FDA’s two-decade-long approval of the abortion pill.

The direction of the Supreme Court was a powerful issue for Donald Trump in his 2016 bid. Conservative voters’ hunger to have a Republican president be the one to appoint a replacement for Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in early 2016, helped land the former reality TV star in the White House.

Trump in the 2016 primary released his own list of possible appointments to the high court to reassure his new party’s voters that he was in line with their judicial agenda.

In an interview, Ramaswamy, 37, said he was releasing the list of possible appointments to show voters where he stood.

“It’s important, when you’re asking voters to select the next president of the United States, that you be as transparent as you can about what you’re going to do,” Ramaswamy said.

Ramaswamy is the latest Republican candidate trying to recapture conservative enthusiasm around the court as Democrats have become increasingly energized by its conservative rulings.............

He's the guy who wants to end birthright citizenship despite himself being born in America to non-citizen immigrants.

if both dropped dead during campaign time, i wouldn't lose any sleep.
    Neither would I, but it won't change how I would cast my vote! The Republican Party has been corrupted by extremism and it has reached to ALL levels government including it's leadership. Until they have rooted out this infectious disease, they are not a viable option and the GOP's current course shows me that they are not interested in separating themselves from these extremist.

I cannot even begin to consider voting for a 3rd Party candidate until the Republican Party cleans up its mess. If that were to happen, I would be open to a TRUE Independent candidate such as a "Jack Ryan" type.

...........Among the big things the biotech entrepreneur wants to do includes getting rid of the FBI, issuing day-one pardons, such as for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and eliminating collective bargaining powers for federal employees.

He would also cap how long most federal employees can work for the government to no more than eight years, just like a president's term limit.

Ramaswamy said his campaign plans to "mechanically lay out" at a campaign stop in New Hampshire this week exactly how he would shut down a wave of government agencies, including federal law enforcement agencies which have been criticized by conservative lawmakers and activists for their pursuit of Trump investigations.

"I think the FBI as an institution should not exist," he said.............

Those might be some of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom