2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

He’s basically confessing to his own behavior here.
    Paraphrasing Trump, "This country has never been in danger like this because of the nuclear weapons".

Here's a clue Donald, nuclear weapons have been around since the end of WWII.

Instead of focusing energy on getting Steve from NJ to vote for Biden....focus your energy on getting Biden to back out from running and Trump to be placed on House Arrest.
    That would be a better use of your energy...people.
    Saying you should vote for whoever gives Trump, if he's the nominee, the least chance of getting in the White House isn't wasting your energy.

Neither would I, but it won't change how I would cast my vote! The Republican Party has been corrupted by extremism and it has reached to ALL levels government including it's leadership. Until they have rooted out this infectious disease, they are not a viable option and the GOP's current course shows me that they are not interested in separating themselves from these extremist.

I cannot even begin to consider voting for a 3rd Party candidate until the Republican Party cleans up its mess. If that were to happen, I would be open to a TRUE Independent candidate such as a "Jack Ryan" type.

And he’s rising in the polls, think he’s ahead of pence and at about 10-12% but was at like 3% when he first got in

The more right wing bat shirt ludicrous ideas you through out, the more favor you curry with Repulican voters. Such is the state of the Repulbican party and voters. They have no common sense or rational thinking left in that party.

There are reasons to believe that MANY Americans are going to vote 3rd Party if the only two options are Biden and Trump.
    Nov 2024 may be a record breaking election in that regard.
    Many Americans, sure. A significant percentage of Americans, not a chance. Enough Americans to contribute to the end of American democracy, remains to be seen.

Many Americans, sure. A significant percentage of Americans, not a chance. Enough Americans to contribute to the end of American democracy, remains to be seen.
    I agree. No third party candidate has any chance of winning. But what they could do is throw the election to Trump, and put us in genuine peril of losing our freedoms.

Let it be so noted that you said there was "not a chance" that a "signficant percentage of Americans" will vote for a 3rd party candidate.
    Maybe you should consider the following!?....
    America has never had such an old president declare he is running again for another term
    America has never had an alleged criminal ( 3 legal struggles happening simultaneously)...never had such a man as this Donald Trump loser leading in the polls LOL!
    In this unprecedented circumstance I personally believe you are wrong.
    Earlier today I posted a couple of links to show that we have PLENTY of people in this country who are not interested in voting for Biden or Trump. Not gonna vote for those two.
    Wake up!
    Stop being stuck in the past!
    WE WILL...WE WILL ROCK YOU!

Let it be so noted that you said there was "not a chance" that a "signficant percentage of Americans" will vote for a 3rd party candidate.
    Seriously? I noted it myself when I said it. I didn't need any of your help with that.

And you'll be proven wrong in your personally thinking I'm wrong, but you won't come back to make note of your wrongness, will you?

Wait a minute. Now you want people to be woke? I have to admit it is challenging to keep up with the rhetorical three-card Monte that you're running.

Stop being a naive idealist. And this is coming from another idealist.

The only rocking those who vote for a third party candidate will be doing will only come if Trump wins. Then you'll be rocking in the fetal position in a corner drowning in your undeniable guilt that you helped bring an end to democracy and freedom in America.

Trying to talk people into voting for a third party is trying to talk people into helping Trump when the election, whether you intend for it to or not.

Seriously? I noted it myself when I said it. I didn't need any of your help with that.

And you'll be proven wrong in you're personally thinking I'm wrong, but you won't come back to make note of your wrongness, will you?

Wait a minute. Now you want people to be woke? I have to admit it is challenging to keep up with the rhetorical three-card Monte that you're running.

Stop being a naive idealist. And this is coming from another idealist.

The only rocking those who vote for a third party candidate will be doing will only come if Trump wins. Then you'll be rocking in the fetal position in a corner drowning in your undeniable guilt that you helped bring an end to democracy and freedom in America.
    I always come back and say when I am wrong. I predicted Trump would be a non factor by now. I predicted that Red State Voters would wake up by July of 2023. I ...was...wrong....sort of. Trump has a base that is holding on but he doesn't have anything impressive at all. Trump is vulnerable. We haven't had the first caucus or the first primary. Anyway, when I left the forum in the past it was because I felt overwhelmed...not because I was escaping being wrong. Let's see about you though.

I always come back and say when I am wrong. I predicted Trump would be a non factor by now. I predicted that Red State Voters would wake up by July of 2023. I ...was...wrong....sort of. Trump has a base that is holding on but he doesn't have anything impressive at all. Trump is vulnerable. We haven't had the first caucus or the first primary. Anyway, when I left the forum in the past it was because I felt overwhelmed...not because I was escaping being wrong. Let's see about you though.
    No worries. I'll definitely be around after no party, except for the Democratic and Republican parties, get anywhere close to a significant percentage of the votes.

What do you have to say about the fact that all of the candidates of the other leading parties are primarily funded by pro-Trump supporters?

If that doesn't give you pause, then it's a lost cause.

It’s easy to envision the 2024 presidential election becoming the third straight contest in which a veteran Democrat goes up against Donald Trump.

Once again, the Democrat wins the popular vote but swing states are tighter. Could go either way — and has, right?
But things are very different this time, and here’s why: The candidates might not be changing — but the electorate has.

Every year, about 4 million Americans turn 18 and gain the right to vote. In the eight years between the 2016 and 2024 elections, that’s 32 million new eligible voters.

Also every year, 2½ million older Americans die. So in the same eight years, that’s as many as 20 million fewer older voters.

Which means that between Trump’s election in 2016 and the 2024 election, the number of Gen Z (born in the late 1990s and early 2010s) voters will have advanced by a net 52 million against older people. That’s about 20 percent of the total 2020 eligible electorate of 258 million Americans.

And unlike previous generations, Gen Z votes.

Comparing the four federal elections since 2015 (when the first members of Gen Z turned 18) with the preceding nine (1998 to 2014), average turnout by young voters (defined here as voters under 30) in the Trump and post-Trump years has been 25 percent higher than that of older generations at the same age before Trump — 8 percent higher in presidential years and a whopping 46 percent higher in midterms…….

Maybe you should consider the following!?....
    America has never had such an old president declare he is running again for another term
    America has never had an alleged criminal ( 3 legal struggles happening simultaneously)...never had such a man as this Donald Trump loser leading in the polls LOL!
    Earlier today I posted a couple of links to show that we have PLENTY of people in this country who are not interested in voting for Biden or Trump. Not gonna vote for those two.
    Wake up!

This just feels so 90s Perot campaign. Lol. I rode that train once. I'm a lot more guarded about voting 3rd party than I used to be.

It’s easy to envision the 2024 presidential election becoming the third straight contest in which a veteran Democrat goes up against Donald Trump.

Once again, the Democrat wins the popular vote but swing states are tighter. Could go either way — and has, right?
But things are very different this time, and here’s why: The candidates might not be changing — but the electorate has.

Every year, about 4 million Americans turn 18 and gain the right to vote. In the eight years between the 2016 and 2024 elections, that’s 32 million new eligible voters.

Also every year, 2½ million older Americans die. So in the same eight years, that’s as many as 20 million fewer older voters.

Which means that between Trump’s election in 2016 and the 2024 election, the number of Gen Z (born in the late 1990s and early 2010s) voters will have advanced by a net 52 million against older people. That’s about 20 percent of the total 2020 eligible electorate of 258 million Americans.

And unlike previous generations, Gen Z votes.

Comparing the four federal elections since 2015 (when the first members of Gen Z turned 18) with the preceding nine (1998 to 2014), average turnout by young voters (defined here as voters under 30) in the Trump and post-Trump years has been 25 percent higher than that of older generations at the same age before Trump — 8 percent higher in presidential years and a whopping 46 percent higher in midterms…….

I believe that social media has motivated and conditioned younger voters to vote, but in an odd way. iGen'ers have grown up voting on everything everyday from liking social media posts, to rating movies, to rating online videos, to rating restaurants, to voting in online polls and on and on. Voting is a big part of their daily activity.

They were not only told their opinions/vote matters, they had an unprecedented opportunity to repetitively publicly voice their opinions. It's a deeply entrenched habit for them. That seems to be carrying over to them voting.

And it's hard to dissuade them from voting with the usual tactics like long lines and waits. "I have to wait in line for 5 hours to vote, not a problem," as they pull out their mobile device of choice. "I need to have this specific ID to vote, no problem, I'll get one now," as they pull out their mobile device of choice.

This just feels so 90s Perot campaign. Lol. I rode that train once. I'm a lot more guarded about voting 3rd party than I used to be.
    I voted for Perot too. It was the first presidential election I could vote in. I wasn't worried about Clinton or Bush completely destroying American democracy. Unfortunately, that's not a luxury we have in this election.

Not true, Trump was the oldest to seek his 2nd term @70yrs old. I'm not exited about Biden's age, but considering the alternative :shrug:

Edit: My Mistake here...This will be the second straight time that this has happen
    America has never had an alleged criminal ( 3 6 legal struggles happening simultaneously)...never had such a man as this Donald Trump loser leading in the polls LOL!
    :facts3:
    For the time being, he's a federally indicted alleged criminal.

Oh, I fify! :9:

He has 6 pending cases!
    • Carrol
    • Docs
    • NY Tax
    • NY Stormy
    • GA Voter Fraud
    • Jan 6

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom