2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Maybe he already has and you're not listening. Matthew 13:14-15
    I just read the Matthew 13:14-15 scripture. YOU've got to be kidding me.
    I hear a sermon Sunday morning....then I go back to church for the 6pm Evening Service with a totally different sermon and I read my Bible daily. God speaks to believers thru His word and thru the correct preaching of His word.
    I have not ( as the scripture you site states..) stopped up my ears and or closed my eyes.
    ANYONE who thinks God wants me to vote for a Pro Abortion Candidate named Joe Biden...THEY have a good imagination.
    If God doesn't want Trump to be President....just like I don't want Trump to be President....God can handle that on His own.
    He doesn't need me to vote for Biden....that's for sure!

I hear a sermon Sunday morning....then I go back to church for the 6pm Evening Service with a totally different sermon and I read my Bible daily.
    I have not ( as the scripture you site states..) stopped up my ears and or closed my eyes.
    ANYONE who thinks God wants me to vote for a Pro Abortion Candidate...THEY have a good imagination.
    As opposed to a pro-Russia candidate who doesn't care what happens to the country? As opposed to a guy who doesn't believe a word of Scripture? A guy who has treated many people like dirt? Grabbed women you know where, etc, etc. All due respect, there's no reasonable comparison between the 2. Biden, as flawed as he is, is far closer to a follower of God than Trump ever was.

As opposed to a pro-Russia candidate who doesn't care what happens to the country? As opposed to a guy who doesn't believe a word of Scripture? A guy who has treated many people like dirt? Grabbed women you know where, etc, etc. All due respect, there's no reasonable comparison between the 2. Biden, as flawed as he is, is far closer to a follower of God than Trump ever was.
    This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. YOU are locking yourself into choosing between two candidates...so YOU are justifying the much lesser of two evils. I am not voting for either of them....so...I am unmoved by your rationale. Have a great night. I am done for today.

You said " what Biden did is what every POTUS has done except Trump"

I was asking this in the context of " military agression" ( or as Poots calls it- SMO ) - there hasnt been one. Biden has been the only one to stand tall in the face of Russian agression. Obama had an opportunity but balked ( 2014 Crimea invasion )
    Clinton- 1994 Russian invasion of Chechnya - then again in 1999
    Bush- 2008 invasion of Georgia

No one did anything - so remind me again why Biden is so "soft"? Please- he has been steadfast from the beginning - he knows exactly who Putin is.

I know exactly what NATO is for. And it should be quite evident now, especially to the Europeans, just how important NATO is to deter Russian expansion into sovereign nations.
    Biden just continued with NATO like any other president except Trump. Good for him, but let's not pretend he's done something unusual here. I can't think of any president, again except Trump, who wouldn't have sent weapons and other support to Ukraine. (Who knows what Trump would have done?)

Look, I like Biden the man. I voted for him. I'll certainly vote for him again against Trump or Pence or anyone else I can think of at the moment that's currently running as a Republican. I just don't find him to be a strong leader and I'm going to say what I feel and think. Isn't that what we do here?

Last edited:
    This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. YOU are locking yourself into choosing between two candidates...so YOU are justifying the much lesser of two evils. I am not voting for either of them....so...I am unmoved by your rationale. Have a great night. I am done for today.
    You can rationalize all you want, a vote for anyone who can't win vs Trump is one less vote against him. If you're not against him, you might as well be for him. But hey, it's your conscience and if you can sleep well knowing that, I can't help that.

I hear a sermon Sunday morning....then I go back to church for the 6pm Evening Service with a totally different sermon and I read my Bible daily. God speaks to believers thru His word and thru the correct preaching of His word.
    ANYONE who thinks God wants me to vote for a Pro Abortion Candidate named Joe Biden...THEY have a good imagination.
    If God doesn't want Trump to be President....just like I don't want Trump to be President....God can handle that on His own.
    If God wants Biden to win, how would he do that without instructing his believers to vote for him?

If God wants Biden to win, how would he do that without instructing his believers to vote for him?
    I always think of this when someone brings up they know god's will:

“A man was trapped in his house during a flood. He began praying to God to rescue him. He had a vision in his head of God’s hand reaching down from heaven and lifting him to safety. The water started to rise in his house. His neighbor urged him to leave and offered him a ride to safety. The man yelled back, “I am waiting for God to save me.” The neighbor then drove off in his pick-up truck.

The man continued to pray and hold on to his vision. As the water began rising in his house, he had to climb up to the roof. A boat came by with some people heading for safe ground. They yelled at the man to grab a rope they were ready to throw and take him to safety. He told them that he was waiting for God to save him. They shook their heads and moved on.

The man continued to pray, believing with all his heart that he would be saved by God. The floodwaters continued to rise. A helicopter flew by and a voice came over a loudspeaker offering to lower a ladder and take him off the roof. The man waved the helicopter away, shouting back that he was waiting for God to save him. The helicopter left. The flooding water came over the roof and caught him up and swept him away. He drowned.

When he reached heaven and asked, “God, why did you not save me? I believed in you with all my heart. Why did you let me drown?” God replied, “I sent you a pick-up truck, a boat, and a helicopter and you refused all of them. What else could I possibly do for you?”

This is so unintentionally funny. God, obvious didn't care. He could have put Abortion in the 10 commandments. He had a second pass with Jesus, and still nothing.

God is clearly a single issue voter himself on Abortion. Can't you tell? He never mentioned it once.

It's not him. It's math. Our election system is built to create extremes. It has.
    Mission accomplished.

This is so unintentionally funny. God, obvious didn't care. He could have put Abortion in the 10 commandments. He had a second pass with Jesus, and still nothing.

God is clearly a single issue voter himself on Abortion. Can't you tell? He never mentioned it once.
    What's funny is the bronze-age goatherders who came up with this would be *appalled* by the Right's attitude.

"Wait, wait. Hitting a woman and causing a miscarriage is a 50 shekel fine. Says so right here. You guys want it to equal murder?!?. Are you nuts?"

Please. Do you want proof that God doesn't dabble in US politics? Here: January 20, 2017, to January 20, 2021,

It's on us, my friend.

You can rationalize all you want, a vote for anyone who can't win vs Trump is one less vote against him. If you're not against him, you might as well be for him. But hey, it's your conscience and if you can sleep well knowing that, I can't help that.
    Very good.
    It is not your job to "help that".
    You vote how you want.
    I'll vote how I want.
    Done deal ;)

Posted this article on Protest Voting in 2016 on PDB, concept still applies
    ===============================================

We’re in the season of protest vote advocacy, with writers of all political stripes making arguments for third-party candidates (Jill Stein, Gary Johnson), write-in votes (Bernie Sanders, Rod Silva), or refusing to vote altogether (#NeverTrump, #BernieOrBust.)

For all the eloquence and passion and rage in these arguments, however, they suffer from a common flaw: there is no such thing as a protest vote.

The authors of these pieces rarely line up their preferred Presidential voting strategies — third-party, write-in, refusal — with the electoral system as it actually exists.

In 2016, that system will offer 130 million or so voters just three options:

A. I prefer Donald Trump be President, rather than Hillary Clinton.

B. I prefer Hillary Clinton be President, rather than Donald Trump.

C. Whatever everybody else decides is OK with me.

That’s it. Those are the choices. All strategies other than a preference for Trump over Clinton or vice-versa reduce to Option C.

People who believe in protest votes do so because they confuse sending a message with receiving one. You can send any message you like: “I think Jill Stein should be President” or “I think David Duke should be President” or “I think Park Eunsol should be President.”

Similarly, you can send any message you like by not voting. You can say you are sitting out the election because both parties are neo-liberal or because an election without Lyndon LaRouche is a sham or because 9/11 was an inside job. The story you tell yourself about your political commitments are yours to construct.

But it doesn’t matter what message you think you are sending, because no one will receive it. No one is listening. The system is set up so that every choice other than ‘R’ or ‘D’ boils down to “I defer to the judgement of my fellow citizens.” It’s easy to argue that our system shouldn’t work like that. It’s impossible to argue it doesn’t work like that...........

Throwing away your vote on a message no one will hear, and which will change no outcome, is sometimes presented as ‘voting your conscience’, but that’s got it exactly backwards; your conscience is what keeps you from doing things that feel good to you but hurt other people.

Citizens who vote for third-party candidates, write-in candidates, or nobody aren’t voting their conscience, they are voting their ego, unable to accept that a system they find personally disheartening actually applies to them.

The people advocating protest votes believe they deserve a choice that aligns closely with their political preferences. With 130 million voters, hundreds of issues, and just two candidates, this idea doesn’t even make mathematical sense, much less political sense.

No matter who you are, voting isn’t about you. You are not promised a candidate you love, or even like, because no one is guaranteed that. Presidential voting is an exercise in distinguishing the lesser of two evils. Making that choice is all that’s asked of us, and all that’s on offer.

Picking the lesser of two evils is an easy choice to dislike (who likes it?) but when a winning candidate has to appeal to 65 million or so citizens with diverse interests, that’s a forced move for most voters most of the time. People who choose Option C aren’t being purer about their political choices — they’ve abandoned politics altogether. (The strategy of voting third-party in safely red or blue states just makes this explicit; those voters only indulge their fantasy that their vote will make a difference if they’re guaranteed it won’t.).........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom