2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

You as a former pastor know it is God that raises kings and God that removes them.
    I am only responsible for voting for the candidate who is not ancient or not Trump.
    That's it.
    You also know that if you believe God does those things, it stands to reason he accomplishes them through his people. The Bible didn't write itself. The Gospel didn't spread without people doing something about it. And in this case, Trump will be or not be President based on the choices we make. So whatever choice you make actually does matter.

NATO's present strength isn't representative of Biden's strength as a leader. Being more aware of NATO's importance than Trump was doesn't make you a genius.

Biden was literally the one to bring NATO together to meet the challenge of Russia attacking Ukraine. Had Biden and his administration not done what they did, NATO would be splintering into 100's of pieces with each coutnry going their own way. How is that not a show of strength on Biden's part? I get that you may hate Biden for what happened in Afganastan, but that has severly clouded your perception of everything else he's done.

Because some Americans are tired of war isn't a good enough reason to flee.

Maybe, maybe not. But it wasn't just "some" Americans, it was a clear majority and it had been 20+ years. How would the next 20-years and trillions of dollars produced anything different than what the situation was when we pulled out?

I don't really want to keep going back and fourth. Your perceptions/beliefs are clearly set and nothing say will change that. I'm just trying to make the point to you that you judging Biden's whole presidency on one decision he made 6 months into his term. There's a lot more to his story as president and much of it contridcts your perception.

Last edited:
    Well, I said he's A) a weak leader. To me he is. I don't see, or feel, strength when it comes to Biden. I felt some strength when Obama was in the White House. I felt some strength when Bill Clinton was in the White House. I felt quite a lot of strength when George H. W. Bush was in the White House.

B) Effective? The fleeing from, and debacle in Afghanistan is not the kind of thing that happens under an effective leader. A debacle I might add that many feel led to Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Putins invasion of Ukraine was, in part, based on the "American temperature" regarding wars- like yours. Figuring US citizens, overwhelmingly, would be opposed to ANY sort of US involvement.

Biden was one of the few who saw Putin for who he really is and his true intentions ( and has since the late 90s with Putins rise to power ) and was able to lead the way for NATO to grasp just what was at stake with Ukraine and thereafter.

As a former service member, this was by far, the most well-played scenario to date that i can recall going back to 1991.

The reason you felt "strength" with Bush wasnt from Bush- it came from his warhawks - Rumsfeld and Cheney. The same Rumsfeld that was intergal in supplying Iraq with weapons during the Iran/Iraq war, then 7 years later stating how dangerous of a man he is.

As for Afghanistan- you can thank the handcuffs ( aka rules of engagement ) that was put on service men and women serving - Care to guess where those "rules" came from?

Thats right- Bush administration.

Biden was literally the one to bring NATO together to meet the challenge of Russia attacking Ukraine. Had Biden and his administration not done what they did, NATO would be splintering into 100's of pieces with each coutnry going their own way. How is that not a show of strength on Biden's part? I get that you may hate Biden for what happened in Afganastan, but that has severly clouded your perception of everything else he's done.

The United States has been leading NATO since its inception. What Biden did has been done by every president since WWII except Donald Trump.

Maybe, maybe not. But it wasn't just "some" Americans, it was a clear majority and it had been 20+ years. How would the next 20-years and trillions of dollars produced anything different than what what the situation was when we pulled out?

I don't really want to keep going back and fourth. Your perceptions/beliefs are clearly set and nothing say will change that. I'm just trying to make the point to you that you judging Biden's whole presidency on one decision he made 6 months into his term. There's a lot more to his story as president and much of it contridcts your perception.

What the hell makes you think I've judged Biden's whole presidency on one decision? Frankly, nothing he's done is very impressive.

Putins invasion of Ukraine was, in part, based on the "American temperature" regarding wars- like yours. Figuring US citizens, overwhelmingly, would be opposed to ANY sort of US involvement.

Biden was one of the few who saw Putin for who he really is and his true intentions ( and has since the late 90s with Putins rise to power ) and was able to lead the way for NATO to grasp just what was at stake with Ukraine and thereafter.

As a former service member, this was by far, the most well-played scenario to date that i can recall going back to 1991.

The reason you felt "strength" with Bush wasnt from Bush- it came from his warhawks - Rumsfeld and Cheney. The same Rumsfeld that was intergal in supplying Iraq with weapons during the Iran/Iraq war, then 7 years later stating how dangerous of a man he is.

As for Afghanistan- you can thank the handcuffs ( aka rules of engagement ) that was put on service men and women serving - Care to guess where those "rules" came from?

Thats right- Bush administration.
    I said I felt quite a lot of strength from George H.W. Bush, not George W. Bush.

The United States has been leading NATO since its inception. What Biden did has been done by every president since WWII except Donald Trump.

Completely disagree. Incredible how far many go to deny Biden his accomplisments.

What the hell makes you think I've judged Biden's whole presidency on one decision? Frankly, nothing he's done is very impressive.

You're sort of hung up on Afganastan, that's why. Again, completely disagree. You have blinders on.

Supplying a sovereign country with the means ( intelligence, arms, munitions etc ) to defend itself from a Russian invasion?

What POTUS did that? Chechnya? Georgia?

None - We moved in mid 90s in the Serbian/Kosovo conflict, but that was short and air only. ( under Clinton )

Supplying a sovereign country with the means ( intelligence, arms, munitions etc ) to defend itself from a Russian invasion?

None - We moved in mid 90s in the Serbian/Kosovo conflict, but that was short and air only. ( under Clinton )
    Afghanistan maybe? Didn't we supply weapons to them when Russia invaded them?

Biden is the only US president to work with NATO in order to protect Europe from the Russian bear? Hilarious. That's the whole purpose of NATO.

You also know that if you believe God does those things, it stands to reason he accomplishes them through his people. The Bible didn't write itself. The Gospel didn't spread without people doing something about it. And in this case, Trump will be or not be President based on the choices we make. So whatever choice you make actually does matter.
    Sigh. If God "tells" me to vote for Biden I'll do that....but I'd be shocked if God told me to vote for Biden. Shocked!
    I wish Democratic power brokers would force him out.
    I wish Republican power brokers would force Trump out.
    Get both of these men off the political stage and bring on some better options!
    Please!

Sigh. If God "tells" me to vote for Biden I'll do that....but I'd be shocked if God told me to vote for Biden. Shocked!
    I wish Democratic power brokers would force him out.
    I wish Republican power brokers would force Trump out.
    Get both of these men off the political stage and bring on some better options!
    Please!
    All I'm saying is the two choices aren't equal.

I don't disagree that I'd rather have two other choices tho.

All I'm saying is the two choices aren't equal.

I don't disagree that I'd rather have two other choices tho.
    Yes, I’d rather someone younger than Biden. But it is of paramount importance that Trump never be president again. He has people right now working on ways to turn America into an oligarchy styled after Russia or Hungary. They can smell the obscene wealth and power that they could access under a corrupt system and they will probably do almost anything to put their plan into place. If Trump wins, they will move into action, and there’s a real risk our democracy will be gone forever.

Biden is the only US president to work with NATO in order to protect Europe from the Russian bear? Hilarious. That's the whole purpose of NATO.

You said " what Biden did is what every POTUS has done except Trump"

I was asking this in the context of " military agression" ( or as Poots calls it- SMO ) - there hasnt been one. Biden has been the only one to stand tall in the face of Russian agression. Obama had an opportunity but balked ( 2014 Crimea invasion )
    Clinton- 1994 Russian invasion of Chechnya - then again in 1999
    Bush- 2008 invasion of Georgia

No one did anything - so remind me again why Biden is so "soft"? Please- he has been steadfast from the beginning - he knows exactly who Putin is.

I know exactly what NATO is for. And it should be quite evident now, especially to the Europeans, just how important NATO is to deter Russian expansion into sovereign nations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom