2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Yep, the thing that bothers me is his sycophants actually embrace Trump being called whatever. They rationalize it by saying stuff like "well, people are jealous of Trump's success", "Trump don't give a sheet what the haters think", "everyone else is flawed, so why pick them over Trump?" and on and on. That he's getting criticism is a badge of honor among his supporters. You can't win with them.

That's all true - but general criticism aside, I think it's truly remarkable and unprecedented to see such public insults (and let's call it what it is, criticism is one thing, but calling someone an "idiot" and a "moron" is a full-on insult) from former key officials. And they continue to remind the public of their opinion. Trump is not the first president to fire multiple chiefs of staff, cabinet secretaries, or other key official posts. It's not uncommon at all. Yet I don't know of any such situation where the fired official makes very public insults of the president. Sometimes we'll see more typical and professional comments about differences of opinion or personality, but calling the president "an idiot" and "a moron" is unique to Trump.

It's absolutely shocking if you think about it. And of course the best (and almost certainly most accurate) explanation is that they believe it to be true that Trump is not a particularly intelligent person and that they have such low respect for Trump that they're not even willing to use the kind of language we typically see in these situations.

Yep, the thing that bothers me is his sycophants actually embrace Trump being called whatever. They rationalize it by saying stuff like "well, people are jealous of Trump's success", "Trump don't give a sheet what the haters think", "everyone else is flawed, so why pick them over Trump?" and on and on. That he's getting criticism is a badge of honor among his supporters. You can't win with them.
    Worse yet, they turn it into evidence of a “deep state” that is trying to destroy this country, when in truth the only ones trying to destroy the country are those who push the big lies about our elections, and about our law enforcement institutions being under the sway of “radical leftists”.

That's all true - but general criticism aside, I think it's truly remarkable and unprecedented to see such public insults (and let's call it what it is, criticism is one thing, but calling someone an "idiot" and a "moron" is a full-on insult) from former key officials. And they continue to remind the public of their opinion. Trump is not the first president to fire multiple chiefs of staff, cabinet secretaries, or other key official posts. It's not uncommon at all. Yet I don't know of any such situation where the fired official makes very public insults of the president. Sometimes we'll see more typical and professional comments about differences of opinion or personality, but calling the president "an idiot" and "a moron" is unique to Trump.

It's absolutely shocking if you think about it. And of course the best (and almost certainly most accurate) explanation is that they believe it to be true that Trump is not a particularly intelligent person and that they have such low respect for Trump that they're not even willing to use the kind of language we typically see in these situations.
    That's a good point about the uniquely horrible assessments that his former top aides and cabinet officials have had of him. That uniqueness is not limited to ex-presidents. I can't even think of another ex senator whose aides have criticized him like Trump's have, and there have been some really dumb and horrible ones in the past. Is Trump the worst and dumbest ever? Is that motivating Republicans somehow? Does he make them feel smarter?

Last edited:
    As my Poll numbers go higher & higher, the Communists, Marxists, & Fascists get more & more CRAZY with their ridiculous Indictments & Election Interference plans & plots, all controlled by an out of control, & very corrupt, DOJ/FBI. They have WEAPONIZED Law Enforcement in America at a level not seen before. Deranged Jack Smith, who is a sick puppet for A.G. Garland & Crooked Joe Biden, should be DEFUNDED & put out to rest. Republicans must get tough or the Dems will steal another Election. MAGA!

As my Poll numbers go higher & higher, the Communists, Marxists, & Fascists get more & more CRAZY with their ridiculous Indictments & Election Interference plans & plots, all controlled by an out of control, & very corrupt, DOJ/FBI. They have WEAPONIZED Law Enforcement in America at a level not seen before. Deranged Jack Smith, who is a sick puppet for A.G. Garland & Crooked Joe Biden, should be DEFUNDED & put out to rest. Republicans must get tough or the Dems will steal another Election. MAGA!
    Optimus, I like most of the stuff you post, but I don't think anything from Truth Social should ever be posted. It is pure garbage and not worth sharing. I don't care what Trump posts. I know the media will read it and cover it, but it doesn't deserve any attention except from law enforcement, so they know what the domestic terrorists are plotting.

Optimus, I like most of the stuff you post, but I don't think anything from Truth Social should ever be posted. It is pure garbage and not worth sharing. I don't care what Trump posts. I know the media will read it and cover it, but it doesn't deserve any attention except from law enforcement, so they know what the domestic terrorists are plotting.
    I'm a bit torn on it. To your point, I don't really disagree. But I also think it's helpful for us to know what nonsense is being parroted there. If you see those talking points from posters here, you'll recognize it and respond to it. So it can go either way.

That said, it's certainly not a regular thing here.

I'm a bit torn on it. To your point, I don't really disagree. But I also think it's helpful for us to know what nonsense is being parroted there. If you see those talking points from posters here, you'll recognize it and respond to it. So it can go either way.

That said, it's certainly not a regular thing here.

I'm not torn on it at all. I want to know what that orange lunatic is saying and thinking, it's both sad and pathetic at the same time.....he is the enemy, a traitor, and I'll always want more information about him then less.....

Ha! It's like the Lincoln Project is reading our posts

They just posted this:

I get what you're saying. I don't go to Truth Social, it was in an article I read. Just posted it due to the paranoid, bat shirt crazy nature of it (which is a lot of what he says)

THE WOKE.. and they buy it hook line and sinker every single time he says it not realizing they are actually their own defenition of it..lol

THE WOKE.. and they buy it hook line and sinker every single time he says it not realizing they are actually their own defenition of it..lol
    Democrats should fight THE ASLEEP. The definition of asleep is "a state of reduced mental and physical activity, in which consciousness is altered..." I think that fits the MAGA.

I get what you're saying. I don't go to Truth Social, it was in an article I read. Just posted it due to the paranoid, bat shirt crazy nature of it (which is a lot of what he says)
    Y'all are very polite when you correct each other's slight deviations from the dogma. Much more so than the Inner Party or the Thought Police.

Last edited:
    Y'all are very polite when you correct each others slight deviations from the dogma. Much more so than the Inner Party or the Thought Police.

Three people weighed in with three different opinions on it, but this is the one you chose. What a joke.

Three people weighed in with three different opinions on it, but this is the one you chose. What a joke.
    You have a lot of hostility toward me, cuddlemonkey. Can I very respectfully ask why? I am prepared to apologize for any legitimate grievance.

Democrats should fight THE ASLEEP. The definition of asleep is "a state of reduced mental and physical activity, in which consciousness is altered..." I think that fits the MAGA.
    That's a good one. I disagree, but I can appreciate a little humor for a change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom