2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

There has been a growing mix of ridicule and dismay in Canada regarding Trump.

and following last, it’s mocking bewilderment - universally

it was an international embarrassment

racist, despicable, disbelief, offended at his attacks on Biden

And now they'll scream that the liberals in charge of the ultra-left "Commission on Presidential Debates" are censoring the president.

It's almost like clockwork, really...

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN in a statement that the CPD "shouldn't be moving the goalposts and changing the rules in the middle of the game."

"They're only doing this because their guy got pummeled last night," Murtaugh said. "President Trump was the dominant force and now Joe Biden is trying to work the refs."

Then the Trump camp has a decision to make.

Either play by the new rules...or take your ball and go home.

I have a good idea what they will do.

and to prove how petty i can be, if i were Biden, id STILL have a debate special, hire a DJT look alike and debate him on National TV while he downs McDonalds and tweets out on his phone.

Good.

And i bet Trumps camp refuse to agree to the change ( which is what we all know was needed- hot mic kill switch )

What they need to do is expand the 2-minute uninterrupted format to be how all questions are presented, then with a 5 or 6 minute open discussion at the end of each topic.

So let's say topic 1 has three or four primary questions in it. Each candidate will get two minutes uninterrupted for each question (that's six or eight minutes). Then after those three or four questions, it goes to a "rebuttal / open" period.

I would even say that the moderator should get a mute button that he/she can use (after giving a warning) during the uninterrupted part if interruptions are becoming regular.

There has been a growing mix of ridicule and dismay in Canada regarding Trump.

and following last, it’s mocking bewilderment - universally

it was an international embarrassment

racist, despicable, disbelief, offended at his attacks on Biden

It was so bad Marc Gasol decided Canada was too close to this shirtshow and booked it for Spain.

I would even say that the moderator should get a mute button that he/she can use (after giving a warning) during the uninterrupted part if interruptions are becoming regular.

To be honest they may have to go full on soundproof booth for Trump. I can see him just getting louder and louder if you cut his mic.

soundproof-booth-clip-art__k67568477.jpg

What they need to do is expand the 2-minute uninterrupted format to be how all questions are presented, then with a 5 or 6 minute open discussion at the end of each topic.

So let's say topic 1 has three or four primary questions in it. Each candidate will get two minutes uninterrupted for each question (that's six or eight minutes). Then after those three or four questions, it goes to a "rebuttal / open" period.

I think muting Trump would cause him to completely melt down.

I agree with everything you posted above. The issue is you need to have the two men debating not only agree to, but adhere to the rules.

Trump cannot and will not adhere. Ever.

What the world saw last night was nothing short of unhinged. When he knew he was not scoring points, ( which was early on in the Debate ) he kicked it up a notch. When it wouldnt faze Biden, again, one more notch.

There is nothing more infuriating to someone like Trump than his opposition not taking the bait nor losing his command. We all saw this last night. When Biden ignored him and talked directly into camera, Trump couldnt take it.

I worked with a man just like Trump. The WORST thing you could do when he was belittling, was ignore him.

I think muting Trump would cause him to completely melt down.

I agree with everything you posted above. The issue is you need to have the two men debating not only agree to, but adhere to the rules.

Trump cannot and will not adhere. Ever.

What the world saw last night was nothing short of unhinged. When he knew he was not scoring points, ( which was early on in the Debate ) he kicked it up a notch. When it wouldnt faze Biden, again, one more notch.

There is nothing more infuriating to someone like Trump than his opposition not taking the bait nor losing his command. We all saw this last night. When Biden ignored him and talked directly into camera, Trump couldnt take it.

I worked with a man just like Trump. The WORST thing you could do when he was belittling, was ignore him.

My sister's boyfriend is a smart guy - he has a masters in finance from Harvard, plus I know him and I know he's an intelligent guy. He's an old school business Republican and dislikes Trump (didn't vote for him and won't vote for him in 2020) but he's predisposed to dislike Democrats.

He texted me halfway through the debate, "Trump brought the meat hammer tonight! Poor Biden, they shouldn't do this to him."

My point is that people saw what they were predisposed to see. The power of relative perception is incredible.

My sister's boyfriend is a smart guy - he has a masters in finance from Harvard, plus I know him and I know he's an intelligent guy. He's an old school business Republican and dislikes Trump (didn't vote for him and won't vote for him in 2020) but he's predisposed to dislike Democrats.

He texted me halfway through the debate, "Trump brought the meat hammer tonight! Poor Biden, they shouldn't do this to him."

My point is that people saw what they were predisposed to see. The power of relative perception is incredible.
    I understand the point of view that Trump brought the meat hammer. He was far more aggressive, and initially Biden seemed to be taking it without responding. I think Biden got better, and came off as presidential. Trump isn't constrained about whether what he says is true or not, and it takes less thought to flail widely. Biden attempted to address facts, and to maintain his composure, which seems meeker. However, eventually Biden hit Trump pretty well too. The only big hit on Biden was not addressing the packing of the court, but all politicians avoid answering some questions. Democrats have every right to pack the court after the Republicans refused to even hear Merritt Garland. The only other hit was not being able to get some facts out due to Trump's interruptions. By comparison, anyone truly intelligent would realize that Trump was spewing mostly lies. It depends on when your sister's boyfriend made that comment. Trump also avoided answering Covid, race, and peaceful election questions. If your sister's boyfriend made his comment within the first 20 minutes, lies or not from Trump, I get it. If he said it near the end of the debate, then I don't think he's all that smart or he's not well informed.

Almost like they’re trying to nominate a supreme court justice during an election year, it’s uncanny

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom