Where is DeSantis? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Did you know the definition of vaccine has changed by the CDC? It no longer mentions immunity, just protection. So the polio vaccine didn't stop the spread, it just made sure kids got a less severve case of polio? That should smell fishy to everyone.

Are the vaccinated carrying and spreading the virus now? They are, so why not focus on treatments. At this point, those that want to be vaccinated are vaccinated and those that are not, won't.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04304313
    I think treatments are the key, not a vaccine that clearly does not work as intended and told to us by the 'guys in charge'.

I thought Florida had a state wide effort to vaccinate all the elderly and compromised? I would be curious on the elderly death toll between Florida, CA and NY.
    If you are vaccinated you won’t need expensive monoclonal antibody treatments. Why should the taxpayers of FL line the pockets of DeSantis’ donors with expensive treatments that use a bed in a scarce medical environment when they could take the vaccine?

Not to mention the strain on hospitals caused by the unvaccinated. It’s just bad medical advice to dismiss these vaccines. They’re freaking miraculous, if you have the capability to see through all the BS you are being fed.

The truth is that the vaccinated are NOT spreading the virus at the same level as the unvaccinated. They CAN spread it, if the conditions are just right, but they carry less of a viral load in their upper respiratory tracts and it is cleared much, much sooner.

I have read these medical findings, I have heard doctors discuss them, and I have seen them play out first hand.

You are being purposefully mislead for political points. Or who really knows what reason someone would just distort scientific evidence? I cannot fathom the reason someone would do that. So they can appear knowledgeable? So they can appear “edgy”? So they get attention?

If you are vaccinated you won’t need expensive monoclonal antibody treatments. Why should the taxpayers of FL line the pockets of DeSantis’ donors with expensive treatments that use a bed in a scarce medical environment when they could take the vaccine?

Not to mention the strain on hospitals caused by the unvaccinated. It’s just bad medical advice to dismiss these vaccines. They’re freaking miraculous, if you have the capability to see through all the BS you are being fed.

The truth is that the vaccinated are NOT spreading the virus at the same level as the unvaccinated. They CAN spread it, if the conditions are just right, but they carry less of a viral load in their upper respiratory tracts and it is cleared much, much sooner.

I have read these medical findings, I have heard doctors discuss them, and I have seen them play out first hand.

You are being purposefully mislead for political points. Or who really knows what reason someone would just distort scientific evidence? I cannot fathom the reason someone would do that. So they can appear knowledgeable? So they can appear “edgy”? So they get attention?
    Can you show me the data to prove the 2 statements you made above as fact?

I would also like to add, what does it matter where DeSantis is? No one cared where Mayor Pete was.

What can DeSantis do, work in the testing centers, deliver cold medicine. I don't think those are responsibilities. He doesn't need to physically be there, it was only a week or so., not 2 months.

- He was actually with his wife for cancer treatment.

Can you show me the data to prove the 2 statements you made above as fact?
    Really? The fact that the unvaccinated are making up the vast majority of hospital and ICU Covid patients is everywhere.

Washington state - https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Do...-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf
    I used this one because they fully define their terms and break out the numbers by age group. But there are just numerous sources.

Anecdotally, Covid patients make up about 40% of the hospital’s patient population where I work. Covid patients make up fully 50% of the ICU patients. Between 90-95% of these patients are unvaccinated. This has held true for over a month now. We have put overflow patients into conference rooms, parts of the hospital that normally do OP surgeries, and an ambulance bay. As a colleague put it the last time I was there: we have patients stuffed into every nook and cranny of this hospital. Surgeries have been cancelled, procedures have been cancelled. I have seen similar numbers from our sister hospitals and from hospital systems in nearby states.

From Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fully-vaccinated

“A small percentage of fully vaccinated people will still get COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19. These are called vaccine breakthrough infections.

People with vaccine breakthrough infections may spread COVID-19 to others. However, it appears that vaccinated people spread COVID-19 for a shorter period than do unvaccinated people.

Vaccination also might make illness less severe. If you are fully vaccinated, the overall risk of hospitalization and death due to COVID-19 is much lower than among unvaccinated people with similar risk factors.”

Evidence of lower viral load among vaccinated people:

From UCLA: https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/vaccinated-workers-shed-less-covid-virus

“Vaccinated health care workers who experienced breakthrough COVID-19 infections during the winter of 2020–21 had lower viral loads than their similarly infected but unvaccinated co-workers, according to a new UCLA study.

The findings, published this week in the peer-reviewed journal Open Forum Infectious Diseases, show that infected workers who were fully or even partially vaccinated with either of the two mRNA vaccines authorized for use in U.S. had less of the virus in their test samples and were therefore less likely to “shed” — or orally or nasally expel — viral particles.”

I know there’s a lot of information out there and there are various studies. It takes a medical professional (an infectious disease doc) to wade through stuff. Our lead infectious disease doctor has a bi-weekly phone call with managers and keeps us posted about this stuff.

Really? The fact that the unvaccinated are making up the vast majority of hospital and ICU Covid patients is everywhere.

Washington state - https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Do...-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf
    I used this one because they fully define their terms and break out the numbers by age group. But there are just numerous sources.

Anecdotally, Covid patients make up about 40% of the hospital’s patient population where I work. Covid patients make up fully 50% of the ICU patients. Between 90-95% of these patients are unvaccinated. This has held true for over a month now. We have put overflow patients into conference rooms, parts of the hospital that normally do OP surgeries, and an ambulance bay. As a colleague put it the last time I was there: we have patients stuffed into every nook and cranny of this hospital. Surgeries have been cancelled, procedures have been cancelled. I have seen similar numbers from our sister hospitals and from hospital systems in nearby states.
    I saw my doctor last week. When it got to the "when do you want to see me again" question he said, "you appear to be pretty healthy guy, unless you have something serious come up I don't need to see you for a whole year." Then he told me he wanted me to do labs in 4 months but not come into the office, he would call me about the labs if needed.

A doctor hasn't given me a whole year long leash for years. It's been every three months, or at max every six months. I read his comments to mean he thinks he's going to be too busy in four months or six months to be seeing anyone who isn't in the immediate act of dying.

I would also like to add, what does it matter where DeSantis is? No one cared where Mayor Pete was.

What can DeSantis do, work in the testing centers, deliver cold medicine. I don't think those are responsibilities. He doesn't need to physically be there, it was only a week or so., not 2 months.

- He was actually with his wife for cancer treatment.
    The whole idea was that there was no official explanation for a 17 day absence. That’s all.

From Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fully-vaccinated

“A small percentage of fully vaccinated people will still get COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19. These are called vaccine breakthrough infections.

People with vaccine breakthrough infections may spread COVID-19 to others. However, it appears that vaccinated people spread COVID-19 for a shorter period than do unvaccinated people.

Vaccination also might make illness less severe. If you are fully vaccinated, the overall risk of hospitalization and death due to COVID-19 is much lower than among unvaccinated people with similar risk factors.”

Evidence of lower viral load among vaccinated people:

From UCLA: https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/vaccinated-workers-shed-less-covid-virus

“Vaccinated health care workers who experienced breakthrough COVID-19 infections during the winter of 2020–21 had lower viral loads than their similarly infected but unvaccinated co-workers, according to a new UCLA study.

The findings, published this week in the peer-reviewed journal Open Forum Infectious Diseases, show that infected workers who were fully or even partially vaccinated with either of the two mRNA vaccines authorized for use in U.S. had less of the virus in their test samples and were therefore less likely to “shed” — or orally or nasally expel — viral particles.”

I know there’s a lot of information out there and there are various studies. It takes a medical professional (an infectious disease doc) to wade through stuff. Our lead infectious disease doctor has a bi-weekly phone call with managers and keeps us posted about this stuff.
    Is this true to the new variant, because I have notice the term 'break through cases' are no longer used because it turns out, everyone is getting it?

Of those getting super sick, have they had the virus before and recovered?

The whole idea was that there was no official explanation for a 17 day absence. That’s all.
    I get that, but I don't see how Florida is a death hell scape when all the lock down politicians are vacationing there. I know I would not want to vacation where people are dropping the street, now matter how great the weather is.

Is this true to the new variant, because I have notice the term 'break through cases' are no longer used because it turns out, everyone is getting it?

hospitalizations, ICU, Vents, and Deaths are in excess of 90% unvaccinated. These numbers are consistent across state lines, from country to country, from continent to continent,

they have been documented on this site before.

You would argue against the sun being yellow if you think that was a "liberal position"

No matter how many times you get proven wrong about something you repeat the rhetoric over and over.

You simply come here and parrot propaganda.

You offer no meaningful discussion or insight.

You just want to argue, facts be damned.

hospitalizations, ICU, Vents, and Deaths are in excess of 90% unvaccinated. These numbers are consistent across state lines, from country to country, from continent to continent,

they have been documented on this site before.

You would argue against the sun being yellow if you think that was a "liberal position"

No matter how many times you get proven wrong about something you repeat the rhetoric over and over.

You simply come here and parrot propaganda.

You offer no meaningful discussion or insight.

You just want to argue, facts be damned.
    I would ignore me. You don't need that in your life!

Yall remember that time Cruz went to Mexico during a pandemic with his kids during a pandemic? Crazy times those were.

at some point, you have to ask yourself, why are they telling you to do things that they don't do themselves?

Yall remember that time Cruz went to Mexico during a pandemic with his kids during a pandemic? Crazy times those were.

Cruz went to Cancun during the winter storm here in Texas, when the electricity and water was out for a week in most of the state. That's why he got skewered. It wasn't pandemic related.

But you already knew that.

Also, there's absolutely nobody around them in that picture.

Cruz went to Cancun during the winter storm here in Texas, when the electricity and water was out for a week in most of the state. That's why he got skewered. It wasn't pandemic related.

But you already knew that.

Also, there's absolutely nobody around them in that picture.
    It's like he's obtuse on purpose, like a caricature of some dolt.

To be as serious as he is, and as bad as his takes are on things are, I am starting to think its all a put on.

at some point, you have to ask yourself, why are they telling you to do things that they don't do themselves?

So various people who actually live in CA point out to DeSantis’ spokesperson that this situation isn’t prohibited in CA. There are no lockdowns currently.

DeSantis’ spokesperson, from what I am reading, is desperate to deflect attention away from Ron having some difficulty catching his breath during a speech today.

So various people who actually live in CA point out to DeSantis’ spokesperson that this situation isn’t prohibited in CA. There are no lockdowns currently.

DeSantis’ spokesperson, from what I am reading, is desperate to deflect attention away from Ron having some difficulty catching his breath during a speech today.

At least we answered what he was actually doing for 2 weeks. He was recovering from covid like the rest of the state of Florida.

I don’t know anyone who is tracking it that way. I’ve never seen it, possibly because about 1/3 of people who have Covid don’t develop immunity. So it would be introducing another variable into these studies that would have to be accounted for.

Of those in the hospital or ICU who are unvaccinated but recovered, they would be classified as unvaccinated, whether they’ve had the virus before or not.

I still see the term “breakthrough” being used 🤷‍♀️. Also, yes, it’s known that Omicron can evade the vaccine to a certain extent. If you do get Omicron after being vaccinated typically your experience is that of a mild cold, lasting 1-3 days. If you get any symptoms at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom