Where is DeSantis? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm curious Farb's opinion on the DeSantis and Trump friction.

Is Trump correct that DeSaintis is gutless over not backing boosters, or is Trump wrong and DeSantis right that he is not pushing the boosters?

Because of, don’t listen to people who are lying to you. Physicians take filling out a death certificate pretty seriously in my experience. They do not just make stuff up, not in the real world.

Scientists are the least political profession there is, as a whole. I know there are some, but they are almost entirely on the anti-vax side. Near 100%. By training scientists will go where the facts lead them or they won’t last long in their field. If you mean Fauci, he’s not political either. You are listening to lies.
    At some point, they will have to release the number of patients that died with covid and those that died because of covid. Then I think we will see how much of an effect the financial compensation with dealing with covid played a part in a number inflation, which I think the CDC is finally starting to admit.

Remember when scientist and doctors said cigarettes were good for you and they had the studies paid for by tobacco companies?

I'm curious Farb's opinion on the DeSantis and Trump friction.

Is Trump correct that DeSaintis is gutless over not backing boosters, or is Trump wrong and DeSantis right that he is not pushing the boosters?
    I don't know anything about it. But when in doubt, I back DeSantis.

My opinion, if you need a politician to tell you medical advise, I really don't have anything for you.

You believe that the government health officials promoting, encouraging and/or mandating vaccines for Covid-19 is political?

What is it that you believe it is that they should be doing?
    Didn't Biden just say that there is no federal solution (washing his hands of the responsibility) and the states have to lead the way.
    That. They should be and should have been doing that from the beginning.

My opinion, if you need a politician to tell you medical advise, I really don't have anything for you.
    So you believe Trump is wrong for his criticism of DeSantis?

Where are you getting your Covid hot takes? Seriously?

At some point, they will have to release the number of patients that died with covid and those that died because of covid. Then I think we will see how much of an effect the financial compensation with dealing with covid played a part in a number inflation, which I think the CDC is finally starting to admit.

Remember when scientist and doctors said cigarettes were good for you and they had the studies paid for by tobacco companies?
    So, this is an issue. You seem to think that there were no scientists and doctors who said cigarettes were bad for you, only the ones paid off by the tobacco companies. Scientists and doctors are not a monolith. There are varying opinions, until there is a consensus. That‘s how science works.

It was scientists and doctors who fought the tobacco companies to get them to acknowledge what had become a consensus - that smoking is bad for you. Even today there are anti-vax doctors, who are playing the role of the bad scientists and doctors who fronted for the tobacco companies.

When 98% of the physicians in this country have been vaccinated, that’s a consensus. It means there is a really good amount of proof in favor of the vaccines.

So, this is an issue. You seem to think that there were no scientists and doctors who said cigarettes were bad for you, only the ones paid off by the tobacco companies. Scientists and doctors are not a monolith. There are varying opinions, until there is a consensus. That‘s how science works.

It was scientists and doctors who fought the tobacco companies to get them to acknowledge what had become a consensus - that smoking is bad for you. Even today there are anti-vax doctors, who are playing the role of the bad scientists and doctors who fronted for the tobacco companies.

When 98% of the physicians in this country have been vaccinated, that’s a consensus. It means there is a really good amount of proof in favor of the vaccines.
    Did they not tell us that the jab would stop transmission? They did. They either lied or were wrong.

Did they not tell us that the jab would stop transmission? They did. They either lied or were wrong.
    No, neither. It was tested against the original virus, that’s where the original information came from. As the virus mutates, it can change enough to evade (or partially evade) the immune system that was stimulated by the vaccine. Delta caused a drop in the vaccine’s abilities and Omicron caused another drop. However, the human immune system as stimulated by the vaccines is good enough to stop almost all serious disease and I do believe it stops about 60-70% of transmission. I don’t know if they have enough data on Omicron yet to be sure.

Scientists warned us, including Fauci and other epidemiologists, that mutations are unpredictable and can change everything. They said this from the beginning, and it’s common scientific knowledge. Don’t listen to people who just want to sow conspiracy theories and doubt. Not about this. When there is something to doubt there will be plenty of actual scientists to debate it, that’s what they do.

Guess this can go here
    ==================

Having run for governor as an almost worshipful devotee of Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis has angered his former patron by floating the possibility he might run for president without Trump’s permission.

This strategy requires a way to differentiate himself on something other than personality, where Trump is considered the beau ideal among the party’s rank and file (and DeSantis can only offer a pale imitation.) DeSantis has seized upon the pandemic response.

Where Trump was tiptoeing around vaccine skepticism, DeSantis jumped in with both feet, banning private companies like cruise lines from requiring vaccination, appointing a vaccine skeptic to his state’s highest office, and refusing to say if he’s gotten his booster dose.

Trump used the last point recently to paint DeSantis as evasive and weak. “I watched a couple politicians be interviewed, and one of the questions was ‘Did you get a booster?’ Because they had the vaccine, and they’re answering like — in other words, the answer is yes, but they don’t want to say it because they’re gutless,” he told OAN.

DeSantis is now responding by attacking Trump as weak for urging people to engage in social distancing at the outset of the pandemic. Asked by a right-wing podcast if he had any regrets, DeSantis replied that he wishes he spoke out against the Trump administration “locking down the country” at the beginning of the pandemic. “I never thought in February, early March, it would lead to locking down the country,” he said.

“And I think if knowing now what I know then, if that was a threat earlier, I would have been much louder about, you know, trying to say this is not.” (DeSantis often speaks in garbled prose, but the meaning of his remarks in context was perfectly clear.)

This came after DeSantis assailed conservative Supreme Court justices for upholding a vaccine mandate on health-care workers. “Roberts and Kavanaugh did not have a backbone on that decision,” he complained. What the hospitals need, according to DeSantis, is unvaccinated people roaming the halls.............

You are saying that if everyone vaccinated, the virus would not be around any longer?

I’m saying We’d be better off and more people would be alive

Since the vaccine has been widely available what Percentage of hospitalizations and deaths have been unvaccinated?

If all of those people had been vaccinated maybe they all catch covid anyway, but how many end up in the hospital or dead?

About 5-10% of people currently in the hospital for Covid are vaccinated. If everyone had gotten the vaccine early, we wouldn’t have had the Delta surge in deaths and hospitalizations. If everyone had gotten the booster when it became available we wouldn’t be having the current surge in deaths and hospitalizations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom