What happens to the Republican Party now? (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

His family made ads imploring people not to vote for him when he was running too.

Yes, Rolling Stone had a really good article about Gosar recently. By all accounts, Gosar was a very good dentist. Now, his former patients are embarrassed that they ever knew him. His family can't believe what has happened to him. The dude has literally lost his mind.

“The federal case against Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, R-Neb. — who was indicted last month on charges of lying to federal investigators and concealing information about illegal campaign donations — appears to have ensnared another Republican congressman. The Department of Justice stated last week that a protective order was "necessary" in the Fortenberry case to protect "evidence related to sensitive and ongoing investigations, including those related to public officials."

One public official in question, who is identified in court filings only as "Candidate C," is Rep. Darrell Issa, a California Republican who is now the apparent target of a DOJ investigation — and may indeed have been the object of a sting operation. Issa retired from Congress in 2018 after serving nine terms from a Southern California district, but then moved to an adjoining district in San Diego County and was narrowly elected in 2020. The former CEO of an after-market auto accessories company called Directed Electronics, Issa has an estimated net worth of $250 million and is one of the richest members of the House.”

I didn’t realize Issa was still in the House.

liz cheney.jpeg

--Liz Cheney (RINO lol)

Last edited:
    since Liz was brought up, here is her response to Ted.

Cruz just isn’t a serious person. He picks fights with Big Bird and Mr. Potato Head, he flies off to Cancun while his state and constituents suffer. 🤷‍♀️

I object to their characterization that Braun “stole” his seat. He illegally paid for it with his own money. 🤪

Last edited:

Youngkin didn’t handle this very well, IMO. When asked about his 17yo son trying to vote, he said there is a lot of confusion about how old you have to be to vote (not true), then he called it silliness, said his son was very respectful (hasn’t been reported otherwise that I know of) asked if he could vote, was told no and left and went to school. And then complains that he is being asked about it, and tells reporters to leave his family alone.

Completely fails to mention that his son came back and tried to vote again after he was told no the first time.

It is a bad look to rail about election integrity and then when his own son tries twice to vote when he can’t, he downplays it and calls reporters out for asking about it. And to say there’s a lot of confusion about having to be 18 to vote is just crazy. Reeks of elitist entitlement. The very wealthy are like that though.

At the very least he could have said he had a talk with his son about voting laws, and lauded the election worker who dealt with his son for upholding the law.

Youngkin didn’t handle this very well, IMO. When asked about his 17yo son trying to vote, he said there is a lot of confusion about how old you have to be to vote (not true), then he called it silliness, said his son was very respectful (hasn’t been reported otherwise that I know of) asked if he could vote, was told no and left and went to school. And then complains that he is being asked about it, and tells reporters to leave his family alone.

Completely fails to mention that his son came back and tried to vote again after he was told no the first time.

It is a bad look to rail about election integrity and then when his own son tries twice to vote when he can’t, he downplays it and calls reporters out for asking about it. And to say there’s a lot of confusion about having to be 18 to vote is just crazy. Reeks of elitist entitlement. The very wealthy are like that though.

At the very least he could have said he had a talk with his son about voting laws, and lauded the election worker who dealt with his son for upholding the law.

@Farb will definitely be here to tell us that the crimes of the son have absolutely nothing to do with the father.

I get the irony here, but I'm not gonna get too mad over a kid trying to vote for his dad.

And they don’t. It’s just that he made election integrity out to be such a huge deal, and now it‘s just “silliness”. Not a good look.

I don’t care about his son trying to vote, it happens, and the systems we have in place catch it almost all of the time.

This is a good illustration that our election laws work, but he can’t be truthful and say that, because he is lying that they don’t.

It also comes off as “don‘t you dare ask me about that” when he made “that” a big deal during the election.

Last edited:
    Also, there’s this: Trump is still harboring ideas that he is President and conducting foreign policy.

Madison Cawthorn is polling terribly in his own district (my speculation) so he has decided he should just switch districts. With any luck he will be voted out of Congress next year at this time.

Also, there’s this: Trump is still harboring ideas that he is President and conducting foreign policy.

This isn't just a technical violation of the Logan Act, it is a blatant and intentional violation.

He is daring the DOJ to arrest him, and will call it a witch hunt if Garland ever finds the balls to do his job.

Good piece about the increasing violent talk emanating from Republicans. Emphasis mine.

“From his earliest campaigning to the final moments of his presidency, Mr. Trump’s political image has incorporated the possibility of violence. He encouraged attendees at his rallies to “knock the hell” out of protesters, praised a lawmaker who body-slammed a reporter, and in a recent interview defended rioters who clamored to “hang Mike Pence.”

Yet even with the former president largely out of the public eye and after a deadly attack on the Capitol where rioters tried to overturn the presidential election, the Republican acceptance of violence has only spread. Polling indicates that 30 percent of Republicans, and 40 percent of people who “most trust” far-right news sources, believe that “true patriots” may have to resort to violence to “save” the country — a statement that gets far less support among Democrats and independents.

Such views, routinely expressed in warlike or revolutionary terms, are often intertwined with white racial resentments and evangelical Christian religious fervor — two potent sources of fuel for the G.O.P. during the Trump era — as the most animated Republican voters increasingly see themselves as participants in a struggle, if not a kind of holy war, to preserve their idea of American culture and their place in society.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom