What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Kudos to AOC for firing back against Gosar. Pelosi should hold a vote immediately in the House to kick the 7 Republican traitors out of Congress who helped plan the Jan 6 insurrection, including the Nazi Gosar. It doesn't matter if the vote fails, the Democrats still have to take a stand against the dangerous Republican Party. The Democrats have to start playing hardball with these fascists or it will all be over in Nov 2022.

But the genteel Pelosi and Schumer still seem to be stuck in the 1980s and believe this is just another typical dispute between political parties. They simply don't understand the danger they are dealing with. I'm pretty disgusted with both of them.

Last edited:
    Gosar just might be mentally ill.

Does this make it better?

Screenshot_20211109-122619.png

Yea, like saying he fantasizes about killing her is somehow better. It is actually far worse than him just posting that meme before.
    Agreed. He said the quiet part out loud and should be dragged for it. If I admitted to fantasizing about killing a member of Congress, couldn't I be charged with something?

When someone has to defend themselves by saying “I’m not a psycho” I think there are better than even odds that someone actually is a psycho. Just sayin’

Agreed. He said the quiet part out loud and should be dragged for it. If I admitted to fantasizing about killing a member of Congress, couldn't I be charged with something?

Gosar will get away with this, just like he has gotten away with everything else so far. That's why he is doing this.

Pelosi should hold a vote to remove this traitor from Congress, but she's too timid to do it. It doesn't matter if the vote fails, the Democrats have to punch these fascists in the mouth and send a message that this behavior won't be tolerated.

She should force all of the Republicans in the House to take a difficult, uncomfortable vote on Gosar and the other 6 Republican traitors in Congress who helped plan the Jan 6 insurrection.

Last edited:
    Gosar will get away with this, just like he has gotten away with everything else so far. That's why he is doing this.

Pelosi should hold a vote to remove this traitor from Congress, but she's too timid to do it. It doesn't matter if the vote fails, the Democrats have to punch these fascists in the mouth and send a message that this behavior won't be tolerated.

She should force all of the Republicans in the House to take a difficult, uncomfortable vote on Gosar and the other 6 Republican traitors in Congress who helped plan the Jan 6 insurrection.
    As much as I hate it, I'm coming around to believing that Democrats should act just as shamelessly as Republicans when they have power. This whole "when they go low, we go high," schtick is a nice little slogan but it's inviting more Trumpism to breed instead of stomping it out.

As much as I hate it, I'm coming around to believing that Democrats should act just as shamelessly as Republicans when they have power. This whole "when they go low, we go high," schtick is a nice little slogan but it's inviting more Trumpism to breed instead of stomping it out.
    I am not sure we should play their game, but we should be much tougher on them.

We are making the same mistake that the Russians did with the Bolsheviks. They tolerated them for too long, and they ended up winning.

We are making the same mistake that the Russians did with the Bolsheviks. They tolerated them for too long, and they ended up winning.
    That's basically how I feel. I don't think democrats should become criminals just because they get elected but they should make sure that the criminals they're elected to replace are held to account. It really seems like that shouldn't be a big ask. Trumpism is more rampant today than it was when he was president and that's only because democrats allow it to happen. Getting him out of office should only be the first step. This whole "return to normalcy" that the Biden administration is acting like is a possibility when over 70 million people voted for outright fascism is sheer lunacy. Tolerating more and more people who kneel at the altar of Trump to get elected and corrupt the system on the state level is setting up someone who isn't as dumb and brazen as Trump to actually succeed at what he failed to pull off in 2020.

ETA: The GOP is good at keeping a united front because they know that's the only way to retain/attain power. There was a united front in ousting Trump but all of the factions inside the party went right back to fighting with each other instead of compromising and remaining united after Biden was elected.

Agreed, although I would not call this "shameless" behavior on the part of the Democrats. The Democrats have an absolute responsibility to protect democracy. They are not doing it right now.

It's not a game. Why should we allow traitors who planned a deadly insurrection on our Capitol to remain in Congress? I call that stupidity.

It's not a game. Why should we allow traitors who planned a deadly insurrection on our Capitol to remain in Congress? I call that stupidity.
    We shouldn't.

I'm talking about the idea that we should fight fire with fire and start trying to pwn the Republicans.

We should use the system to prosecute them and remove them from congress.

We shouldn't.

I'm talking about the idea that we should fight fire with fire and start trying to pwn the Republicans.

We should use the system to prosecute them and remove them from congress.

No, I don't care about that, either. Actions speak louder than words.

Democrats simply don't know how to use the power they have and they won't figure it out until it's too late. Pelosi and Schumer are still playing the stupid genteel game of the 1980s, acting like this is just another typical policy dispute between two political parties. They are the wrong leaders at the wrong time in our history.

No, I don't care about that, either. Actions speak louder than words.

Democrats simply don't know how to use the power they have and they won't figure it out until it's too late. Pelosi and Schumer are still playing the stupid genteel game of the 1980s, acting like this is just another typical policy dispute between two political parties. They are the wrong leaders at the wrong time in our history.

RE: Leveraging power: I can guarantee that if an SC nomination were to come open the GOP would find some way to derail/delay/deny it. Up to and including setting fire to the Capitol building.

RE: Leveraging power: I can guarantee that if an SC nomination were to come open the GOP would find some way to derail/delay/deny it. Up to and including setting fire to the Capitol building.
    Yes...and I doubt Pelosi would hold a vote in the House to remove Repugs from Congress under those circumstances, either.

Gosar just might be mentally ill.

On Thom Hartmann's show today he said that he had had one of Gosar's family on and the persson basically said Gosar is mentally ill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom