What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Looks like they also censured the AZ governor just for good measure.
    Probably related to that is Ducey announced he would not be running for the U.S. Senate seat in 2022. So assuming the AZ GOP nominates another Trump nutjob (thanks to Kelli Ward) then Mark Kelly should be favored to retain his seat.

The Republican Party is ostracizing the rep from Illinois, Adam Kinzinger, but embracing Taylor-Greene.

Just imagine choosing cultish bigotry over a decent moral human being.

Watching an interview with Adam Kinzinger on CNN now. The whole MTG thing is bizarre. Nothing is going to happen to that nut job until big donors pull cash.

That wouldn’t have been the case in the past, though. Someone shown to have said and done what she did wouldn’t have been given committee assignments. They gave her the Education committee, someone who has called multiple school shootings “false flags”.

She has far more in common with Alex Jones than any serious politician. It’s sad that McCarthy is so weak and/or compromised that he is leading his caucus forward as the caucus of kooks and Q.

so... I think the unfortunate answer is all the normal republicans will be squeezed out of office until it is just full of trumpists. Also I have no idea how you un-brainwash people who are fully into the cult of trump way of thinking. He really has caused more damage to this country than anyone

“I made a mistake voting for her,” said Misty Shassetz, 43, a grocery store employee in Casper.

“This is Trump country, you know, that’s who we voted for. What she did was wrong. I just feel like the voters need somebody who actually speaks for the voters,” Shassetz said. “And she is not it.”

so... I think the unfortunate answer is all the normal republicans will be squeezed out of office until it is just full of trumpists. Also I have no idea how you un-brainwash people who are fully into the cult of trump way of thinking. He really has caused more damage to this country than anyone

“I made a mistake voting for her,” said Misty Shassetz, 43, a grocery store employee in Casper.

“This is Trump country, you know, that’s who we voted for. What she did was wrong. I just feel like the voters need somebody who actually speaks for the voters,” Shassetz said. “And she is not it.”

Yep. I have voted in Republican primaries my entire life. Always. I have more or less been an independent for the last 10 years or so, but still voted in the Republican primaries. The GOP has left me. I just don't see voting in the Republican primaries anymore. I tried to stay in to tap down the extremist, but they have taken full control in my county/area/state. If I thought there was a chance for the moderates, I would stay in. I just don't see it. They are doubling down on Trumpism. I am just not going to be associated with that any longer.

(so on the one hand you have)
    Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel called the posts “disgusting,” adding that they have “no place in our party” and “should be looked into.”

(then on the other hand, from the same article)
    Greene was named this week to the House Education and Labor Committee.

(so on the one hand you have)
    Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel called the posts “disgusting,” adding that they have “no place in our party” and “should be looked into.”

(then on the other hand, from the same article)
    Greene was named this week to the House Education and Labor Committee.

Lasers

Nicole Wallace just said that Matt Gaetz is in Wyoming whipping up opposition to Liz Cheney. The Republican Party is just broken. Why would a representative from Florida go to a member of GOP leadership’s home state to try to discredit them? This is cult behavior. It’s extremism. It’s the extreme intolerance of opposing viewpoints that these trolls like to cry about publicly every chance they get. Then they turn around and exact this type of petty revenge in an attempt to control members of the party.

Every day I hear something more ridiculous than the last day. I don’t know the answer but if this goes on, I fear for our democracy. The threat is far from over.

Sandman, come on over to the light. Democrats may be messy and sometimes unorganized, but theyre not bat shirt crazy.

Nicole Wallace just said that Matt Gaetz is in Wyoming whipping up opposition to Liz Cheney. The Republican Party is just broken. Why would a representative from Florida go to a member of GOP leadership’s home state to try to discredit them? This is cult behavior. It’s extremism. It’s the extreme intolerance of opposing viewpoints that these trolls like to cry about publicly every chance they get. Then they turn around and exact this type of petty revenge in an attempt to control members of the party.

Every day I hear something more ridiculous than the last day. I don’t know the answer but if this goes on, I fear for our democracy. The threat is far from over.

Sandman, come on over to the light. Democrats may be messy and sometimes unorganized, but theyre not bat shirt crazy.

some are. ;) (Clarification, not talking about anyone here)

We need to give her a break y'all. She took it all down... :freak7:

That woman is truly sad.

I don't know how anyone could seriously vote in an internet troll and it is not like they did not have other options of people way more qualified.

That woman is truly sad.

I don't know how anyone could seriously vote in an internet troll and it is not like they did not have other options of people way more qualified.
    I'm sure if Alex Jones were to run for Congress he would win in a landslide in certain congressional districts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom