What happens to the Republican Party now? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Rs brought a graph to a hearing that was misleading in its labeling. When you label the date that Trump left office honestly you can see that border crossing were already on a steep increase just before he left office. Rep. Garcia has to set them straight.

Rs brought a graph to a hearing that was misleading in its labeling. When you label the date that Trump left office honestly you can see that border crossing were already on a steep increase just before he left office. Rep. Garcia has to set them straight.

They so dumb.

If we were to go off that chart, the date the Rs designated (Nov 8 ) as the date Trump was "no longer in office", then EVERYTHING HE DID AFTER THAT DATE DOESNT CLASSIFY AS AN "OFFICIAL ACT"

huh. So then every directive, every command or suggestion ( looking at you Jan 6) he was outside the official act of POTUS.

Morans

Former congresswoman Liz Cheney told Peter Baker with The New York Times on Saturday that the Republican Party might be unsalvageable after becoming the party of Trumpism throughout the last nine years.

During an hour-long conversation with Baker at the 2024 Cap Times Idea Fest hosted by Madison, Wisconsin’s The Capital Times, Cheney declared the GOP might be a dying party. The former high-ranking House Republican blamed what she called a fealty among many conservatives to former President Donald Trump.

“It’s hard for me to see how the Republican Party survives because it’s been so corrupted,” Cheney said during a broad conversation about the state of national politics, her support of Vice President Kamala Harris, and her opinion of the party of her father.

“It’s hard for me to see how the Republican Party survives because it’s been so corrupted,” Cheney said during a broad conversation about the state of national politics, her support of Vice President Kamala Harris, and her opinion of the party of her father.…….

Former congresswoman Liz Cheney told Peter Baker with The New York Times on Saturday that the Republican Party might be unsalvageable after becoming the party of Trumpism throughout the last nine years.

During an hour-long conversation with Baker at the 2024 Cap Times Idea Fest hosted by Madison, Wisconsin’s The Capital Times, Cheney declared the GOP might be a dying party. The former high-ranking House Republican blamed what she called a fealty among many conservatives to former President Donald Trump.

“It’s hard for me to see how the Republican Party survives because it’s been so corrupted,” Cheney said during a broad conversation about the state of national politics, her support of Vice President Kamala Harris, and her opinion of the party of her father.

“It’s hard for me to see how the Republican Party survives because it’s been so corrupted,” Cheney said during a broad conversation about the state of national politics, her support of Vice President Kamala Harris, and her opinion of the party of her father.…….

What bothers me about Cheney is her father was a champion and made a lot of progress in expanding the executive power and authority of the office of the president. Dick would be fine with any president of his liking having the excessive authority that Trump's Project 2025 plans on seizing for Trump if he wins. He just doesn't want Trump to have it. I have suspicions Liz might think the same way.

This is a good thing that the House is doing something positive even if it doesn't have Trump's blessing.
    ....and around 2 and a half weeks ago I said Trump is gonna lose so Dems should be happy and can stop worrying.
    Someone said that is now my "tactic".
    I am not hoping for Trump to win...so I don't have a "tactic".
    I'm hoping he will politically disappear after losing and the MAGA party will disappear as well.
    I want an actual Republican Party in 2028...not a MAGA Party.

Last edited:
    so 65.00 is why people are not having kids? This is almost as brilliant as Trump's rantings about sharks and electric boats.
    yea, not quite sure of his train of thought there... not one time in my life have i ever heard anyone mention they didn't have kids because of car seats....
    If you are the kind of person who is gonna wait until you can afford to have children, then you'll never have children..lol

I think that whenever Trump becomes unavailable be it because of age, prison or Grim Reaper, there is going to be a power vacuum of black hole strength

It's going to be a nasty, vicious bloodbath to see who picks up the MAGA mantle

It's going to involve JD Vance, Vivek Ramaswamy, Byron Donalds, Elise Stephanik, Nancy Mace, Ron DeSantis, and more, maybe many more

Basically, it's going to be what the GOP thought and hoped would happen when Biden stepped down (and if he had stepped down a year ago maybe it would have)

It's going to be ugly it's not going to work

Like him or not, you have to admit that Donald Trump has a special something that his base respond to and love

And whatever it is, it's not something that can just be transferred to whoever has the title "leader of the party" who will get support but nowhere near the cultish devotion Trump has (we'll root for you because you're our new quarterback, the last guy is a first ballot Hall of Famer, we'll never love you the way we love him, you're just a placeholder until we get our next really good QB)

Everyone else (Vance and DeSantis especially) have a huge personality deficit (most of them do to some degree)

Someone will 'win' that bloodbath but that person will not have tons of merch and millions of devout diehards

That person will not be Trump 2.0. But make no mistake that person is out there

I've said before Trump 2.0 is someone who isn't on the national stage yet.

Maybe he or she is involved on the city or county level, maybe just a staffer, maybe not even in charge of anything, hell, they may still be in high school right now

But they're out there. Watching, listening....... and learning

Trump 2.0 will be young, telegenic, personable, engaging, smart and devious. He or she will know how government works and where the cracks, loopholes and exploits are. And they will have that special sauce

And after X years of pretenders to the throne and also rans MAGA nation will be desperate for a true successor

We can only hope that it happens decades from now and not 2028

Last edited:
    This is a good thing that the House is doing something positive
    That's only because the initial bill they presented was voted down after Republican defections. They don't have a choice. Shutting down the government this close to November is political suicide. They are not proposing this bill because they feel it's a good thing.

This is a good thing that the House is doing something positive even if it doesn't have Trump's blessing.
    ....and around 2 and a half weeks ago I said Trump is gonna lose so Dems should be happy and can stop worrying.
    Someone said that is now my "tactic".
    I am not hoping for Trump to win...so I don't have a "tactic".
    I'm hoping he will politically disappear after losing and the MAGA party will disappear as well.
    I want an actual Republican Party in 2028...not a MAGA Party.

Until you start voting in opposition, you will have the same exact party in 2028. Might even be worse. You dont think Lara Trump was inserted in the RNC for this cycle alone, do you?

Opposition- from county, to state elections to national. Until then, your "Grand Ole Party" will be hostages to a handful of power-seeking folks who give $.02 about your "morals, ethics and plight"

Best of luck with all that.

Hope isnt a strategy.

Until you start voting in opposition, you will have the same exact party in 2028. Might even be worse. You dont think Lara Trump was inserted in the RNC for this cycle alone, do you?

Opposition- from county, to state elections to national. Until then, your "Grand Ole Party" will be hostages to a handful of power-seeking folks who give $.02 about your "morals, ethics and plight"

Best of luck with all that.

Hope isnt a strategy.
    George Conway was talking on a podcast with Sarah Longwell that I listened to today. (in case anyone doesn’t know they are both former Rs and both conservatives). He was making the point that he would be far better aligned with Larry Hogan than Angela Alsobrooks by policy (which are his choices for US Senator where he lives) but he cannot vote for Larry Hogan.

Until this insane version of the R Party is wiped out completely, we cannot have a viable center right party. This version of the GOP is so corrupted and compromised by Trump that it needs to be eliminated. We have to elect Dems everywhere until that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom