What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Luminaries of the global far right are in raptures over Javier Milei’s thumping election victory in Argentina which experts predict will turn Buenos Aires into a new stomping ground for the populist radical right.

Donald Trump and Jair Bolsonaro led the merrymaking after their Argentinian ally trounced his rival, the Peronist finance minister Sergio Massa, by nearly 3 million votes in Sunday’s presidential election. The former US president predicted Milei would “truly make Argentina great again” while Brazil’s ex-president applauded a victory for “honesty, progress and freedom”. Bolsonarista and Mileísta activists predicted Milei’s win would be the first in a trio of rightwing conquests that would see Trump and Bolsonaro reclaim power in 2024 and 2026.

In his first post-victory interview on Monday, Milei announced he would travel to the US and Israel – where he has promised to move Argentina’s embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem – before being sworn in on 10 December, alongside his ultra-conservative vice-president elect Victoria Villarruel.……

A potential AG under Trump fantasizing about putting a journalist in a gulag before stripping him of his citizenship and deporting him. This would be actual fascism:

Republicans are just like “the 19th Century didn’t exist!” The best is how sure of himself he is, “just think for a moment . . .” He’s literally born and raised on land that the USA acquired in a war by defeating another country.

What the fork is wrong with these people?

1701091808824.png

Republicans are just like “the 19th Century didn’t exist!” The best is how sure of himself he is, “just think for a moment . . .” He’s literally born and raised on land that the USA acquired in a war by defeating another country.

1701091808824.png
    Um, Kev? Can we talk? This country was founded on stealing land.

1701091808824.png
    How the fork did he pass American history?

(And fix that damn necktie!!!)

Ok folks... get your divorces while you can. they're next on the hit list.

Definitely on the agenda of the "family values" theocratic GOP - and it's totally dystopian, and has a history of enabling abusive husbands and keeping women in abusive homes. There's no reason with any foundation in modern secular law that would require a person to continue to perform in a legal relationship. We favor the freedom of being able to dissolve the relationship, subject to damages.

Interestingly, it was Ronald Reagan who ushered in the no-fault divorce movement in the US by pushing it through the California legislature in the 60s.

It’s getting too hard to believe that there are people like this that are taken seriously. Can you imagine tryin to teach science to someone like this? I can’t even imagine how anyone can associate globes with NASA spending. This is beyond Onion stuff. The Onion can no longer do business in a climate where Republicans are this ludicrous.

Isn't she the same one who said Taylor Swift was doing satanic nods on her show and celebrating witchcraft?
    And also isn't she the one who blamed Matthew Perry's death on Covid-19 Vax?
    She and her fans/supporters are a special kind of stupid..

is this from a while back or is she back on it again?
    I think it resurfaced this summer due to a parody.

Kandiss isn’t saying the earth is flat. She only implies it, because “If the earth is a globe, and we believe that, …then why are there globes everywhere?” She is saying globes are a conspiracy for NASA to spend money. She says she isn’t crazy and would never say something so stupid as that the earth is flat, but she’s too stupid to realize that the globe conspiracy is stupid! The sad thing is she got 3.4% of the vote in the Governor’s race. She should’ve gotten no votes. A vote for her encourages stupidity!

I think it resurfaced this summer due to a parody.

Kandiss isn’t saying the earth is flat. She only implies it, because “If the earth is a globe, and we believe that, …then why are there globes everywhere?” She is saying globes are a conspiracy for NASA to spend money. She says she isn’t crazy and would never say something so stupid as that the earth is flat, but she’s too stupid to realize that the globe conspiracy is stupid! The sad thing is she got 3.4% of the vote in the Governor’s race. She should’ve gotten no votes. A vote for her encourages stupidity!

So I must have missed the gem the first time around. I love how she tries to say "No, I'm not saying the Earth is flat - I'm not one of those kinds of people!" But then her point on the globe thing is equally bat-shirt. There are globes "everywhere" so that people can learn their planet and the continents, oceans, seas, countries, etc. on it.

Fifty bucks says she can't point out Japan, or Turkey, or Chile on a blank globe. Twenty percent of Americans can't even point out America on a map. Why are these people so suspicious of the general human interest of not being stupid?

And the NASA thing is equally stupid. She saying it's an excuse for NASA to spend money - but that would mean NASA (the federal government) is giving away these globes? Does she think they're free? Good lord this is so stupid. I have never seen a "free globe from NASA!" at any point in my 50 years of living in the USA. Use the Google shopping tool to try to get a globe - or Amazon - and not a damn one of them is made by NASA. In fact, the gift-shops at any NASA site with a gift shop are operated by concessioners selling crap that NASA certainly didn't make.

I just can't with these people

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom