What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

She’s such an idiot:

if they gave one to Rush Limbaugh why not?

How'd you like to be one of the others getting your highly prestigious award and honor standing right next to Limbaugh getting the same award?

Last edited:
    He said that to CHA, he is smart enough to know that he doesn't want to be on the wrong side of history, I wholly disagree with your take.

To me he is worse than alot of the Trump Q nuts and others who are mentally ill and really believe the garbage that is spewed.

Because Dave, he knows better, he is intelligent enough to realize what Trump was and is, and only when he feels there could be consequences does he all of a sudden tell small truths, for his own sake.....

He is the scum of the scum.....
    Lol, sorry, no he isn't worse than the Q nuts. Not by a mile. And I don't even like the guy. He's got his issues, but let's not exaggerate here.

I think you’re both having a chicken and egg debate

Who came first? Who’s worse?

The people who believe all this stuff to the core of their beings?

Or those who know it’s all BS but see an opportunity for a power grab?

It’s a question I’ve asked myself, here and on PDB and someone said and I’ve come to also think that it mostly doesn’t matter

This isn’t a better or worse situation and it certainly isn’t a good or bad situation

We’re talking about degrees of despicable

But I do know this, both groups need, feed and enable the other

And both sides have proven to be highly adaptable

A Qanon prophecy that 100% absolutely going to come to pass doesn’t come to pass? Oh well, here’s this week’s crazy theory

For the politicians the outrage that will destroy pillars of American society is a flavor of the month, gay marriage, immigrants, legalizing pot, CRT, transgendered in sports, now catch all “woke”

Hateful people always need something or someone to hate, and scumbag opportunists will always serve someone or something up on a silver platter

She’s such an idiot:

There were some folks on this board eschewing his virtues "he really seems like a good kid" and so on......made me sick....

I think you’re both having a chicken and egg debate

Who came first? Who’s worse?

The people who believe all this stuff to the core of their beings?

Or those who know it’s all BS but see an opportunity for a power grab?

It’s a question I’ve asked myself, here and on PDB and someone said and I’ve come to also think that it mostly doesn’t matter

This isn’t a better or worse situation and it certainly isn’t a good or bad situation

We’re talking about degrees of despicable

But I do know this, both groups need, feed and enable the other

And both sides have proven to be highly adaptable

A Qanon prophecy that 100% absolutely going to come to pass doesn’t come to pass? Oh well, here’s this week’s crazy theory

For the politicians the outrage that will destroy pillars of American society is a flavor of the month, gay marriage, immigrants, legalizing pot, CRT, transgendered in sports, now catch all “woke”

Hateful people always need something or someone to hate, and scumbag opportunists will always serve someone or something up on a silver platter

I don't wholly disagree but my point remains, those that know better should do better....

if they gave one to Rush Limbaugh why not?

How'd you like to be one of the others getting your highly prestigious award and honor standing right next to Limbaugh getting the same award?
    Rush got a presidential medal from Trump; different thing. No way two-thirds of Congress approve this. She won't even get two-thirds of the House.

Re: discussion of mental illness

I have come to the position that a very large majority of the populace in this country needs mental health care. The alleged “culture” and toxic theomythology is damaging people.

She’s such an idiot:

Jesus ......

This is the incident, the Rittenhouse killings, that made me wonder if we will ever return to some semblance of the America I grew up in. (The America I grew up in sans its blatant racism of course.)

In the 2022 midterm elections, an unprecedented number of Republican candidates denied or cast doubt on the results of the latest presidential election, spread false conspiracy theories about the nation’s voting systems and, in many cases, questioned the legitimacy of American democracy itself.

While a majority of them won, nearly all of the highest-profile candidates lost in what was seen as a national rebuke of the movement.

But losing did not seem to deter many of them.
    Six months later, many are considering a return to the campaign trail or continuing to build popularity and power in conservative circles.

“They may have lost an election, but they gained a platform,” said Joanna Lydgate, CEO of States United Action, a nonpartisan group that advocates for protecting U.S. elections and tracks election deniers.

“We’re starting to see some of these defeated candidates seeking power outside of government, and they’re still pushing lies and conspiracy theories about elections. So we have to stay vigilant.”……..

As everyone knows, there is no more effective way to shape the behavior of young people than through state-mandated posters on their classroom walls. At least that’s what Republicans in the Texas legislature seem to believe, which is why they’re advancing a bill requiring the posting of the Ten Commandments in every public school classroom in the state.

Texas is growing more purple with each passing year, which is exactly why the Republican-dominated legislature is reasserting the right’s political and cultural power with ever more radically conservative laws. Part of that effort is a series of bills meant to impose not just religion but Christianity into public schools.

One bill would allow schools to mandate “a period of prayer and Bible reading on each school day.” Another says school personnel must be allowed to “engage in religious speech or prayer while on duty.”

Yet another would allow schools to replace school counselors with “chaplains” — no training or certification required. The centerpiece is the bill requiring the posting of the Ten Commandments, which has already passed the state Senate……..

As everyone knows, there is no more effective way to shape the behavior of young people than through state-mandated posters on their classroom walls. At least that’s what Republicans in the Texas legislature seem to believe, which is why they’re advancing a bill requiring the posting of the Ten Commandments in every public school classroom in the state.

Texas is growing more purple with each passing year, which is exactly why the Republican-dominated legislature is reasserting the right’s political and cultural power with ever more radically conservative laws. Part of that effort is a series of bills meant to impose not just religion but Christianity into public schools.

One bill would allow schools to mandate “a period of prayer and Bible reading on each school day.” Another says school personnel must be allowed to “engage in religious speech or prayer while on duty.”

Yet another would allow schools to replace school counselors with “chaplains” — no training or certification required. The centerpiece is the bill requiring the posting of the Ten Commandments, which has already passed the state Senate……..

This is on purpose, to drive out potential Democrat voters.

Harrowing photos released by the US labor department taken at a slaughterhouse plant in Nebraska show the conditions more than 100 children faced while illegally working for Packers Sanitation Services Incorporated (PSSI) before the department cracked down on the company for violating child labor laws.

The pictures show employees covered in protective gear, using chemicals to spray down and sanitize equipment. In some of the pictures, made public on Sunday by the television news show 60 Minutes, some of the employees appear to be young children, wearing protective face glasses and holding buckets.

In February, the labor department fined PSSI $1.5m for employing at least 102 children ages 13 to 17 across 13 meat-packing plants in eight states. The fine amounts to $15,138 for each child, the maximum penalty under federal law.

The Wisconsin-based company is one of the largest food sanitation companies in the US and is contracted by meat plants to sanitize facilities. The company says it works with more than 725 partner plants…….

Harrowing photos released by the US labor department taken at a slaughterhouse plant in Nebraska show the conditions more than 100 children faced while illegally working for Packers Sanitation Services Incorporated (PSSI) before the department cracked down on the company for violating child labor laws.

The pictures show employees covered in protective gear, using chemicals to spray down and sanitize equipment. In some of the pictures, made public on Sunday by the television news show 60 Minutes, some of the employees appear to be young children, wearing protective face glasses and holding buckets.

In February, the labor department fined PSSI $1.5m for employing at least 102 children ages 13 to 17 across 13 meat-packing plants in eight states. The fine amounts to $15,138 for each child, the maximum penalty under federal law.

The Wisconsin-based company is one of the largest food sanitation companies in the US and is contracted by meat plants to sanitize facilities. The company says it works with more than 725 partner plants…….

Every single person in Managemet that knew what was happening, should have to do jail time. The CEO should have mandatory jail time, they know that they are hiring illiegal and minors.

I am so freaking tired of Rs naming things the opposite of what they do. It’s utterly diabolical.

That was Tuberville. A joke of a human being.
    Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s office on Wednesday clarified statements he made about white nationalists serving in the military.

“Do you believe they should allow white nationalists in the military?” the Alabama senator was asked during an interview on WBHM that was posted online on Monday. “Well, they call them that. I call them Americans,” Tuberville said.

On Wednesday, Tuberville’s office clarified those remarks to a publication in his home state, telling AL.com that Tuberville’s comment “shows that he was being skeptical of the notion that there are white nationalists in the military, not that he believes they should be in the military,” and that the senator believes members of the military are “patriots.”

During the radio interview, Tuberville, a member of the Senate Arms Services Committee, also decried lagging recruitment in the military, blaming Biden-administration policies.

“We are losing in the military so fast” in terms of recruitment, Tuberville said, adding: “Democrats are attacking our military, saying we need to get out the white extremists, the white nationalists, people that don’t believe in our agenda, as Joe Biden’s agenda.”

A rise in white supremacy in the military has plagued the Pentagon for years, coming to the forefront in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 riot, after analysis found one in five defendants charged in the insurrection had served in the military...........

Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s office on Wednesday clarified statements he made about white nationalists serving in the military.

“Do you believe they should allow white nationalists in the military?” the Alabama senator was asked during an interview on WBHM that was posted online on Monday. “Well, they call them that. I call them Americans,” Tuberville said.

On Wednesday, Tuberville’s office clarified those remarks to a publication in his home state, telling AL.com that Tuberville’s comment “shows that he was being skeptical of the notion that there are white nationalists in the military, not that he believes they should be in the military,” and that the senator believes members of the military are “patriots.”

During the radio interview, Tuberville, a member of the Senate Arms Services Committee, also decried lagging recruitment in the military, blaming Biden-administration policies.

“We are losing in the military so fast” in terms of recruitment, Tuberville said, adding: “Democrats are attacking our military, saying we need to get out the white extremists, the white nationalists, people that don’t believe in our agenda, as Joe Biden’s agenda.”

A rise in white supremacy in the military has plagued the Pentagon for years, coming to the forefront in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 riot, after analysis found one in five defendants charged in the insurrection had served in the military...........

You see, in his puny little mind, Democrats aren't even Americans which is why he emphasized "Joe Biden's" agenda. It's an embarrassment that he is in Congress, even more, that he is an elected Senator. He didn't win a Gerrymandered district, he won a state-wide election! America is leading the way in proving that we are a failed species, I hope Earth 2.0 fare better than us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom