What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

When the summer of 2024 is over, and the GOP and the DNC have announced their candidates for Nov. 2024.....will YOU admit that in the Spring of 2022 and then again today...I said that neither Trump or Biden will be those candidates? Will YOU admit it when I'm proven correct?:unsure:

Why is this some "gottcha"? Why are you so focused on this now? Plenty of other crap going on, like the Jan. 6th hearings.

Even if Trump isn't the Republican candidate for president, it doesn't remove the stench and corruption of the Republican party for the support of Trump over the last 6 years. It's also doesn't make thing better that the Republicans other likely candidate, DeSantis, isn't any better than Trump and could potentially be much worse.

As happened with Trump, if DeSantis is the Republican candidate both "decent Republicans" and moderates will deny/turn a blind eye to his autocratic tendencies. And if DeSantis is elected, they will only acknowledge damage he is doing when it's too late in the game.

Why is this some "gottcha"? Why are you so focused on this now? Plenty of other crap going on, like the Jan. 6th hearings.

Even if Trump isn't the Republican candidate for president, it doesn't remove the stench and corruption of the Republican party for the support of Trump over the last 6 years. It's also doesn't make thing better that the Republicans other likely candidate, DeSantis, isn't any better than Trump and could potentially be much worse.

As happened with Trump, if DeSantis is the Republican candidate both "decent Republicans" and moderates will deny/turn a blind eye to his autocratic tendencies. And if DeSantis is elected, they will only acknowledge damage he is doing when it's too late in the game.
    Plenty of stuff going on. Did you not see my posts yesterday on the Jan. 6th testimony of Mark Meadows' right hand staff member?
    DeSantis would be better than Trump.
    "Stench" is in the nose of the smeller. (A tweak of beauty is in the eyes of the beholder)
    Lastly, no one will be an autocrat.
    YOU and the citizens of America won't allow that.
    So "chill".

The citizens of America already voted for an autocrat. The fact that they didn’t vote for him a second time almost didn’t matter, save for a few well-placed people with principles, many of whom have been replaced with election fraud pushers.

If DeSantis does emerge as the frontrunner and eventual nominee, he, and the GOP, are going to have a giant Trump problem on their hands. Trump will concede nothing. Trump will not go away quietly. It will be ugly and contentious for them.

The citizens of America already voted for an autocrat. The fact that they didn’t vote for him a second time almost didn’t matter, save for a few well-placed people with principles, many of whom have been replaced with election fraud pushers.
    The problem with the current Republicans that are not 100% part of the cult is that they are all gullible in the same way that Susan Collins is. They won't believe they are being lied to until the lies directly impact them.

I'm sure no one has the time or desire to open and read all the threads I've posted today.
    Yet here is an excerpt from....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................************************ the New York Post article (June 14th, 2022)"
    " Now that the New York Times has signaled its approval for Democrats to say out loud that they don't want President Biden to run for re-election in 2024, the FLOODGATES ARE OPEN. EVERYWHERE YOU TURN THERE IS SUDDENLY A DEM willing to declare that Very Old Joe is way over his head".
    The New York Post is not exactly Fox News.
    Those are the words of the New York Post. Edit....@brandon has taught me that my assumption that the New York Post is liberal is incorrect. I'm grateful for him setting me straight.
    @MT15
    No one will be voting for Biden "in a heartbeat" vs Trump....because
    Trump won't be representing the GOP and Biden won't be representing the Dems.
    Eventually all of you will have to accept that Steve has been correct for months.
    Now I've provided numerous links that are not conservative media.
    Yet you won't accept the reality.
    Of course what I've said will come true....then I'll quote my prediction posts in the future and say: "told you so".
    LOL :hahar::hahar::hahar:
    That's totally immature of me....but I'll do it anyway.

That's not an article. It's an op-ed from the New York Post. lmao

Wow! Clearly I did not know that.
    It is surprising to me that a Conservative publication can survive in New York.
    It is a conservative publication @brandon ? :unsure:

Why? 3.2 million people in the state voted for Trump in 2020. The New York Post is one of the most widely-circulated newspapers in the country.

Not only that, but MORE Americans voted for that autocrat the 2nd time around in 2020 after they had 4 years of his presidency. 80 million Americans, to be exact. And then they attacked the capitol and attempted a coup. So yeah, no great comfort in American citizen preventing an autocrat from seizing power. Especially one who is more calculating like DeSantis.

Last edited:
    Well hypothetically if Trump had won, what do you think life would be like now?
    Would Trump move to become like Putin?....imposing on the country a 3rd term for himself?...then a 4th term?
    Would our 3 branches of government with its checks and balances all have become impotent?
    The media and the masses just caving in to Trump?
    The admirals and the generals and the cabinet members all just dutifully following whatever Trump wanted? No pushback? No removal of the sitting President from office? Poor America....what should we do!? Hahahaha
    Nah! Your hypothetical doomsday of what COULD have been does not strike me as what WOULD have taken place.
    I'm not buyin' it.

Not only that, but MORE Americans voted for that autocrat the 2nd time around in 2020 after they had 4 years of his presidency. 80 million Americans, to be exact. And then they attacked the capitol and attempted a coup. So yeah, no great comfort in American citizen preventing an autocratic for seizing power. Especially one who is more calculating like DeSantis.
    I'm convinced that the Republicans cheated in some states.

Every time Trump accuses someone of something, it is because he's doing that thing.

Why wouldn't Trump cheat? Democrats aren't in a position to be questioning the results of the election, so it's not like they can call for investigations in states like Florida.

Well hypothetically if Trump had won, what do you think life would be like now?
    Would Trump move to become like Putin?....imposing on the country a 3rd term for himself?...then a 4th term?
    Would our 3 branch of government with checks and balances all have become impotent?
    The media and the masses just caving in to Trump?
    The admirals and the generals and the cabinet members all just dutifully following whatever Trump wanted?
    Nah! Your hypothetical doomsday of what COULD have been does not strike me as what WOULD have taken place.
    I'm not buyin' it.

Of course you're not buying it. You're a Republican voter who information comes from right wing propaganda sources. You do not take the domestic threats to our democracy seriously.

Not only that, but MORE Americans voted for that autocrat the 2nd time around in 2020 after they had 4 years of his presidency. 80 million Americans, to be exact. And then they attacked the capitol and attempted a coup. So yeah, no great comfort in American citizen preventing an autocratic for seizing power. Especially one who is more calculating like DeSantis.
    The turn out was great. The people who voted for Trump were mainly voting against Biden.
    Not many people went to the polls and said to themselves: "I don't like our centuries old governmental system. I don't want to live in a Republic. I think I'd prefer an autocrat. Yes...I'll vote for Trump so he can become our country's version of a king"....///// I do NOT think the voters were seeking that.
    Some of you are just being dramatic as per usual.

Last edited:
    Of course you're not buying it. You're a Republican voter who information comes from right wing propaganda sources. You do not take the domestic threats to our democracy seriously.
    How do YOU know where I get my information sources? Did you notice the variety of sources I used to show that the Democratic Party Leaders....the Democratic Leaning Media....and the regular grass roots Democrats are longing for someone else (than Biden) to be the DNC nominee?
    Personally, I deliberately look at news sources from the entire political spectrum.

Last edited:

Stop it….you are going to hurt his feewings!!!!!

Republicans like him really don’t care because it was them…..no Antifa….no them again…it’s idiocy or brainwashing…..

So apparently, a lot of Biden/Anti-Trump supporters have figured out that feel good policies are probably not the best way to go. Turns out people don't like crime and who knew, the constant and never ending 'look, racism!' is turning people off. I think the new Republican party will be just fine.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-mid...presidential-e50db07385831e67f866ec45402be8b9

WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban swing voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The previously unreported number reflects a phenomenon that is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump.
    “It’s more so a rejection of the left than embracing the right,” said Smith, a 37-year-old professional counselor whose transition away from the Democratic Party began five or six years ago when he registered as a libertarian.

The turn out was great. The people who voted for Trump were mainly voting against Biden.
    Not many people went to the polls and said to themselves: "I don't like our centuries old governmental system. I don't want to live in a Republic. I think I'd prefer an autocrat. Yes...I'll vote for Trump so he can become our country's version of a king"....///// I do NOT think the voters were seeking that.
    Some of you are just being dramatic as per usual.

It doesn't matter what they were "seeking", 80 million people voted for Trump and that is exactly what he tried to do. Most of them still deny that he tried to do it and are holding on to a provable lie about election fraud to support it. That just proves that the right in this country is operating with a level of cognitive dissonance never before seen in American history because of the propaganda from their "trusted" news sources. They are unable to see the autocrat right in front of them, just as you are unable to see it in DeSantis now.

But you want me to believe that it can't happen in America. Nope.

Plenty of stuff going on. Did you not see my posts yesterday on the Jan. 6th testimony of Mark Meadows' right hand staff member?
    DeSantis would be better than Trump.
    "Stench" is in the nose of the smeller. (A tweak of beauty is in the eyes of the beholder)
    So "chill".
    DeSantis is in some ways worse than Trump. He's still a radical hyper nationalist and religious fundamentalist... he just didn't happen to overtly stage a coup. The GOP will stay run with Trump's play book of arguing any close election they lose is fraudulent without a shred of evidence. They'll put in place Republicans in key local and state-wide offices to ensure otherwise legitimate slates of electors are rejected.The unfortunate reality is our form of government lends itself to autocracy... especially now where (and this was triggered by Democratic Senator Harry Reid in the Obama years) it only takes a majority to appoint a Supreme Court Justice so it has devolved into little more than another political branch or supra-legislature.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom