US strikes deal w/ Taliban to remove troops from Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Heathen

Just say no to Zionism
    Reaction score
    Surprised I didn't see it posted anywhere. And to preface -- I know there are too many contextual complexities to name regarding this.

Props to this administration for pushing to get this done. Endless war shouldn't be what American citizens view as 'normal'.

This would be a huge win for Americans and Afghanis if this works out as planned:

The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the deal.

President Trump said it had been a "long and hard journey" in Afghanistan. "It's time after all these years to bring our people back home," he said.

Talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban are due to follow.

Under the agreement, the militants also agreed not to allow al-Qaeda or any other extremist group to operate in the areas they control.

imagine if the (R) was this quick to impeach one of their own

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., introduced a trio of impeachment resolutions against President Biden on Friday, calling for him to be removed from office over his handling of the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan and other alleged offenses.

"In seven short months, Joe Biden has caused America to lose the respect of the entire world. The evidence is clear and his actions are so egregious that he must be impeached," Greene said in a statement.
    Can they impeach her for submitting stupid impeachment resolutions?

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., introduced a trio of impeachment resolutions against President Biden on Friday, calling for him to be removed from office over his handling of the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan and other alleged offenses.

"In seven short months, Joe Biden has caused America to lose the respect of the entire world. The evidence is clear and his actions are so egregious that he must be impeached," Greene said in a statement.
    MTG is the result of tribal politics. In the old days the extreme left was more insane than the right Todays the extreme right is much more insane. This will not end well guys. I hope people start moving to the center and forget all the silliness.
    Here are the tribes:

Progressive Activists (8 percent of the population) are deeply concerned with issues concerning equity, fairness, and America's direction today. They tend to be more secular, cosmopolitan, and highly engaged with social media.

Traditional Liberals (11 percent of the population) tend to be cautious, rational, and idealistic. They value tolerance and compromise. They place great faith in institutions.

Passive Liberals (15 percent of the population) tend to feel isolated from their communities. They are insecure in their beliefs and try to avoid political conversations. They have a fatalistic view of politics and feel that the circumstances of their lives are beyond their control.

The Politically Disengaged (26 percent of the population) are untrusting, suspicious about external threats, conspiratorially minded, and pessimistic about progress. They tend to be patriotic yet detached from politics.

Moderates (15 percent of the population) are engaged in their communities, well informed, and civic-minded. Their faith is often an important part of their lives. They shy away from extremism of any sort.

Traditional Conservatives (19 percent of the population) tend to be religious, patriotic, and highly moralistic. They believe deeply in personal responsibility and self-reliance.

Devoted Conservatives (6 percent of the population) are deeply engaged with politics and hold strident, uncompromising views. They feel that America is embattled, and they perceive themselves as the last defenders of traditional values that are under threat.

estimated2.png

actual3.png

What a marroon...

Doesn't she submit Biden impeachment resolutions like every week? I know it's not her first time, lol.

Another quality thread on its way to ruination.

Pretty much every thread on the board now is following the exact same pattern. I've never in my 25 years between here and SR.Com put anyone on ignore but at this point I feel like my inbox is full of spam and I need to Unsubscribe from one particular list.

I heard reports that the Kabul airport is now closed for Afghans. If we don’t re-open, then we will be tragically allowing those that helped us to be killed. I also heard that the Taliban have issued an ultimatum that we can not stay past 31 AUG. Are we going to cowtow to that threat? That would compound the embarrassment.

I heard reports that the Kabul airport is now closed for Afghans. If we don’t re-open, then we will be tragically allowing those that helped us to be killed. I also heard that the Taliban have issued an ultimatum that we can not stay past 31 AUG. Are we going to cowtow to that threat? That would compound the embarrassment.
    I don't post often but I'll play along...What is the Taliban going to do if we stay past Aug 31st? and what do you think our "forced" response will be if they do what you're thinking they're going to do on 9/1?

Bottom line is: They're not going to do anything that will ultimately lead to their being pushed back underground circa 2001. They want us gone, their best way to achieving that goal is to let us get who we want to get out without incident.

I don't post often but I'll play along...What is the Taliban going to do if we stay past Aug 31st? and what do you think our "forced" response will be if they do what you're thinking they're going to do on 9/1?

Bottom line is: They're not going to do anything that will ultimately lead to their being pushed back underground circa 2001. They want us gone, their best way to achieving that goal is to let us get who we want to get out without incident.
    Well, I do hope their self-preservation instinct prevails in this case.

The Taliban has more of a right to be in Afghanistan than we do.

We should be making every effort to be done by August 31.

Not until we get all of our citizens out of the country. If we can get that done by the 31st, then great, if not, then stay until everyone is accounted for.
    It isn't the Taliban's job to make sure we got everyone out by the deadline we agreed to.

I think we should say until everyone is out, but it is time for the US to stop acting like we can just do whatever we want. If we don't get everyone out by August 31, then it is our own fault.

Well, I do hope their self-preservation instinct prevails in this case.
    And if that self-preservation instinct doesn't kick in, we'll go ahead and remind them of who they're dealing with. They want us gone as much as we want to be gone. And to be clear, our wanting to be gone isn't out of some sort of fear, we're just tired of dumping billions into something that won't sustain itself....I understand that part fully, and wouldn't pass blame regardless of whos sitting in the Oval office.

This guy certainly has a knack for stating things simply.

Exactly what people need to hear. The only thing I didn't agree with was with his thoughts on actual withdrawal dates of 2002/03. I would have began withdrawal in Jun 2011, that is when the actual mission in Afghanistan was accomplished: Bin Laden dead and Al Qaeda crushed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom