US strikes deal w/ Taliban to remove troops from Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

Heathen

add me on COD @cautiousmink
Reaction score
Surprised I didn't see it posted anywhere. And to preface -- I know there are too many contextual complexities to name regarding this.

Props to this administration for pushing to get this done. Endless war shouldn't be what American citizens view as 'normal'.

This would be a huge win for Americans and Afghanis if this works out as planned:

The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the deal.

President Trump said it had been a "long and hard journey" in Afghanistan. "It's time after all these years to bring our people back home," he said.

Talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban are due to follow.

Under the agreement, the militants also agreed not to allow al-Qaeda or any other extremist group to operate in the areas they control.

MT15

Reaction score
Yes, this is great news. Was glad to see it.

Joe Okc

Better Days
Reaction score
Very Good... and we sure haven't had a lot of trouble out of Iran lately... No tankers attacked in the gulf of Hormuz or drones shot down...(y)

The moose

Reaction score
We need to get all our troops out of Iraq as well, stop with all regime change, and stop trying to be the world's policeman. The Neocons and the military industrial complex will always push for endless wars.

Well then just how are Americans companies supposed to make a buck then? My God what is halliburton supposed to do.

If you don't think our military actions around the world have more to do contracts and to make people rich than anything else you are fooling yourself.

Ya can't sell more bombs if you don't blow some up. Send troops overseas all kinds of spending.

That is why we push for endless wars. It is about the money.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
Well then just how are Americans companies supposed to make a buck then? My God what is halliburton supposed to do.

If you don't think our military actions around the world have more to do contracts and to make people rich than anything else you are fooling yourself.

Ya can't sell more bombs if you don't blow some up. Send troops overseas all kinds of spending.

That is why we push for endless wars. It is about the money.
Yeah I'm well aware. That's why I mentioned the miltary industrial complex.

Intensesaint

Reaction score
Your 'attack the straw man' skill level is maxed out. Impressive.

By the way, 15 years ago called, they want their democrat talking points back.

reubenray

Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Fact Checkers News Feed

General News Feed

Top Bottom