Understanding The Conservative Mindset (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    Obviously, I am not conservative. I have been struggling with the way a lot of conservatives are responding to the election. I do not understand their willingness to go along with obvious lies by Trump sycophants at all, and their willingness to undermine a presidential election, and by doing so, undermine our very form of government. This thread is from a former conservative journalist, well, he’s still conservative I think, but has left his positions in traditional conservative organizations. It’s a long thread but fascinating.

I'm conservative, it's not a feature or even a bug with me. If you're speaking to Trumpism, fine. But Trumpers don't speak for all conservatives.
    Republicans haven't spoken for conservatives for a decade.
    There is no conservative party.
    There's only the center-right (D) party and the wild-eyed reactionary neo-anarchist (R) party.

Maybe Tucker gets a clue like Arianna Huffington and switches sides?

Though he is nowhere near as intelligent as she is....

Yeah, that tweet caught my attention. Looking at his Tweets and retweets, dude is mentally impaired.

Also, if you're crying about the election outcome and publicly say you're willing to die for Trump, you ain't getting any empathy from me.
    Lack of empathy for "others" is one of the root causes of our escalating problems. Less casting stones, more listening to the sincere emotions motivating the words spoken and having empathy for those emotions is the only hope we have of finding a peaceful way out of this.

Lack of empathy for "others" is one of the root causes of our escalating problems. Less casting stones, more listening to the sincere emotions motivating the words spoken and having empathy for those emotions is the only hope we have of finding a peaceful way out of this.

I agree 100%. But it's also a two way street. When it's not reciprocated in a meaningful way, those escalating problems will continue into the foreseeable future.

What's the endgame here? Help me to understand that this is not a death cult.

Young America Foundation, Campus Reform, Talking Points USA, etc are nothing more than cults driven by propagandists who are looking to capitalize on the paranoia of their followers.

Increasingly, other 'pundits' on social media are hopping on that gravy train while there's still juice to be squeezed. And it's only gotten more intense as Trump's administration comes to a close. I think it gets worse.

Young America Foundation, Campus Reform, Talking Points USA, etc are nothing more than cults driven by propagandists who are looking to capitalize on the paranoia of their followers.

Increasingly, other 'pundits' on social media are hopping on that gravy train while there's still juice to be squeezed. And it's only gotten more intense as Trump's administration comes to a close. I think it gets worse.

Fear is the strongest motivator in most living beings. It often result in either a flight og a figth response. So by stoking fear, they are also creating agression and an "us" vs "them" mentality.

I am worried that we will have this issue for a long time to come in this country.

Sounds like the makings of an insurgency if you ask me...so when do we declare them terrorists and ship them off to Gitmo? It is still open right?

Sounds like the makings of an insurgency if you ask me...so when do we declare them terrorists and ship them off to Gitmo? It is still open right?

I realize it's probably tongue in cheek, but Gitmo isn't for US citizens. But a lengthy stay in federal prison works just as well. But yeah, this was a domestic terror act. Basically an attempt to subvert the will of the people during the counting of the electoral votes.

I realize it's probably tongue in cheek, but Gitmo isn't for US citizens. But a lengthy stay in federal prison works just as well. But yeah, this was a domestic terror act. Basically an attempt to subvert the will of the people during the counting of the electoral votes.

Only kinda tongue in cheek...we have a precedent for treating American citizens as enemy combatants, granted the extrajudicial execution via drone (which I had no problem with) happened in another country, but there is a sort of precedent. Like I said before, had they shouted "Allahu Akbar" prior to charging the capitol...then we'd be having an entirely different conversation. Its strange how we would treat the same act, but with "different" motivations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom