Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

I really, really doubt that he was being serious or that she took it seriously. In the selection from her book in the article it says "Trump joked..."

Sure I guess you could say that he threw it out there to gauge her reaction.. but uh yeah, I don't think anything about that was actually for serious.

Of course he wasn't serious. Nobody thinks he was serious. Doesn't change the fact that it was a forked up thing to say and that she was spineless for taking it and continuing to work for someone so clearly misogynistic.

Of course he wasn't serious. Nobody thinks he was serious. Doesn't change the fact that it was a forked up thing to say and that she was spineless for taking it and continuing to work for someone so clearly misogynistic.
    I thought you thought it was serious LOL nevermind

Wow. That's pretty huge.

Another article about trumps slipping support with the military
    =========================

The weekend warriors in their Army surplus battle rattle, their paintball weapons and gun show specials are getting lots of love from this clown show’s commander in chief.

“GREAT PATRIOTS!” President Trump tweeted, along with a video of the vigilantes flouting the law and causing disorder while cruising the streets of an American city.

Meanwhile, the real defenders of freedom — the men and women of the U.S. military — aren’t getting love from Trump. And they’re sure not giving it.

Unsurprising, given the way Trump didn’t even blink at reports that Russia was paying bounties to Afghan troops for American kills.

Or that he was impeached for withholding military aid to Ukraine, putting global trust in America’s military at risk.

Or that he keeps trying to take millions in military funding — gutting plenty of military projects right here in the D.C. region, including a day care for military kids — to build his wall.........

It just truly shows the entire disconnect the actual american people have from the stock market. It truly only is for a few people.

With unemployment historically high how can the stock market not be in the same boat?

More than 29 million Americans are receiving unemployment assistance today. This time last year, it was 1.6 million.

It just truly shows the entire disconnect the actual american people have from the stock market. It truly only is for a few people.

With unemployment historically high how can the stock market not be in the same boat?

Because the government can turn on its money spigot whenever it feels like it to bail out the market. Every Republican administration since Reagan has shown that debt doesn't matter. But, as somebody else pointed out, if/when Biden wins the same people who profit the most from that will be the same people crying that the Debt is too high and that we need to sacrifice Social Security, Medicare, public infrastructure, people's general wellbeing, etc. so that their gains won't be taxed. And they'll find the same useful idiots in the Tea Party 2.0 to carry out their message for them -- Medicare for All is communism, rich folks buying yachts is really what keeps people employed, there is no point in keeping the coastal areas where the majority of the population live from being swallowed by the sea, etc. And Biden, like Obama before him, will agree to go along with it and agree to chip away at the operating deficits which will lead to nothing useful being accomplished, the next GOP president will be elected, and the spigot will be turned back on.

Because the government can turn on its money spigot whenever it feels like it to bail out the market. Every Republican administration since Reagan has shown that debt doesn't matter. But, as somebody else pointed out, if/when Biden wins the same people who profit the most from that will be the same people crying that the Debt is too high and that we need to sacrifice Social Security, Medicare, public infrastructure, people's general wellbeing, etc. so that their gains won't be taxed. And they'll find the same useful idiots in the Tea Party 2.0 to carry out their message for them -- Medicare for All is communism, rich folks buying yachts is really what keeps people employed, there is no point in keeping the coastal areas where the majority of the population live from being swallowed by the sea, etc. And Biden, like Obama before him, will agree to go along with it and agree to chip away at the operating deficits which will lead to nothing useful being accomplished, the next GOP president will be elected, and the spigot will be turned back on.
    Obviously the deficit is ultimately the responsibility of Congress, and I think both parties have some blame and also some credit. But no need to get into that - I do think there is something rather unique about the deficit this go around.

If you look at the graph found here: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYFSGDA188S You can find what are somewhat typical patterns regardless of Presidential party or even the party that controls the House.
    Generally you see some improvement in the deficit during periods after a recession and a deteriorating position just during and in the aftermath of a recession. So you see deficits rise after the early 70s recession only to get better before rising due to the oil recession in the mid 70s. Again seeing improvment in the dual recessions of the early 80s and then improving until the early 90s recession. A relatively long period of expansion produced an actual surplus until the tech bubble burst and then you added 9/11. Again - improvement until the Great REcession, followed by improvement. But now we see rising deficits during a long period of expansion. Something not seen since the late 60s, where you could attribute that to the costs of the Vietnam War.
    I think that is one of the strongest criticisms you can make of Trump and the Republicans. I know severl on the board and have made good criticisms of this fact. It really does not make any sense. Under Bush, the President and the Republican House worked out budgets that saw an improvement in the deficit while the economy was doing well, but under Trump they have increased the deficit relative to GDP by about half during good economic growth. That is a failure.

That's a forking thought to get out of your head. Talk about "bumpin' uglies."
    FB_IMG_1599155950739.jpg

The 6 polls that I've found from today and yesterday, on "Direction of Country" and "Job Approval" are still quite negative for Trump. I'm still trying to find concrete evidence of the polling that CNN and Saint for Life have cited as demonstrable proof of this helping Trump and hurting Biden.

Apparently the polls are out there, but I'm not having luck finding them.

And I think there's real reason to be suspicious of the claims beyond "feelings" or "impressions" or a desire to want them to be true or not (depending on which side you are)

ALso, the first real poll data came out yesterday on the post-convention 'bump' for both and Biden improved his lead in the polling. The net gain for the RNC Convention for Trump has been pretty tepid compared to previous conventions for incumbent candidates.

we're getting more polling information, and so far it's not looking positive for Trump. When I cited Nate Silver's consideration on the 'law and order' and highlighting violence, I thought the most important point was how valid that assumption was - or was the media just running with it.

There were some in the media punditry who even thought it might harm Trump.

There hasn't been any follow up on that and I continue to look for more concrete information - something more than the aforementioned 'feelings' and impressions or assumptions.

Today we had some polls come out, that are discussed in this NBC news article:

A Quinnipiac poll found half of likely voters nationwide — 50 percent — saying Trump as president made them feel less safe, versus 35 percent who said he made them feel safer.

By contrast, 42 percent said Biden made them feel safer, versus 40 percent less safe.

A CNN poll found Biden leading — by a 51 percent to 46 percent margin — on who would better keep Americans safe from harm. (It also had him leading on better handling racial inequality by 18 points).

And as for Wisconsin, not only did a Fox News poll — conducted after the conventions and Kenosha — show Biden ahead in the state by 8 points among likely voters, it also found him leading Trump by 5 points on which candidate would do a better job on policing and crime, 47 percent to 42 percent.

and these are all post RNC polls, so even the 'bounce' seems to be short lived

Trump needs to diversify his approach and his platform.

Personally, I'd rather see a press briefing where they are showing the destruction of Southwest Louisiana rather than Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom