Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Trump is a disgusting individual. Queue his supporters who will come in and attack the sources in 3...2....1

Last edited:
    Will Trump clap back on Mrs. Rogers?

It is pretty telling how many apolitical personalities Trump is getting to make political statements (see comedian Jim Gaffigan's rant after the RNC)

What's next? A comment from Bob from Sesame Street?
    =========================================================

The Trump campaign did not likely pick Latrobe, Pennsylvania, for Thursday night’s rally because it is the hometown of Fred Rogers, beloved icon of children’s television.

Rogers died in 2003, but his cardigan-clad legacy remains, revitalized when Tom Hanks played him in a 2019 movie. Few people could have been more different than Rogers and Trump in matters of honesty and trust and kindness to others and just plain all-American decency.

Not that Rogers would have said anything publicly about Trump if he were still alive. His widow, Joanne Rogers, told The Daily Beast on Thursday that her husband always avoided talking about political candidates or parties for fear it would complicate the lives of kids at home.

“Fred tried to stay pretty quiet about politics, basically because his program was for children,” Joanne Rogers said.

She is under no such constraints herself.

“I’m alone now,” she said. “I don’t do a program for children.”

She made clear her feelings about Trump: “I think he’s just a horrible person.”

She did not hesitate to say how she will react if Trump is re-elected.

“I will probably go into mourning,” she said. “I can’t even imagine. I would feel so badly.”..............

It sue looks like what America needs right now is less sensitivity and diversity training
    ================================

President Trump has directed administration officials to make significant changes to sensitivity training sessions across the government, calling such efforts that often focus on promoting awareness of racism “divisive” and “un-American propaganda.”

The directive was laid out on Friday afternoon in a memo from the director of the Office of Management and Budget, Russell T. Vought, to executive branch agency heads.

The brief memo — which repeatedly referred to “press reports,” not government documents — tells the agencies to “begin to identify all contracts or other agency spending related to any training on ‘critical race theory,’ ‘white privilege,’ or any other training or propaganda effort that teaches or suggests either (1) that the United States is an inherently racist or evil country or (2) that any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil.”........

It sue looks like what America needs right now is less sensitivity and diversity training
    ================================

President Trump has directed administration officials to make significant changes to sensitivity training sessions across the government, calling such efforts that often focus on promoting awareness of racism “divisive” and “un-American propaganda.”

The directive was laid out on Friday afternoon in a memo from the director of the Office of Management and Budget, Russell T. Vought, to executive branch agency heads.

The brief memo — which repeatedly referred to “press reports,” not government documents — tells the agencies to “begin to identify all contracts or other agency spending related to any training on ‘critical race theory,’ ‘white privilege,’ or any other training or propaganda effort that teaches or suggests either (1) that the United States is an inherently racist or evil country or (2) that any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil.”........

Another article on this

Evidently that video was produced for the RNC when Romney was nominated, and never used. The video has been posted online now, but I haven’t watched it. I’d like to know who had the idea and why it wasn’t used though.

I hope no one was injured or feared for their life. I don't wish that on anyone.

When I read the headline, I immediately saw it as a metaphor for how I view the current state of Trump's presidency and it's affect on us. They're both a tragedy and there's nothing funny about either one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom