Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

So to be fair, I guess this guy who's on CNN or something (Trump's calling for him to be fired now) tweeted this that led to Trump's "mini-strokes" tweet:

Still not sure where the mini-strokes thing came from though..

I hadn't realized until recently that Drudge has gone full-on ant-Trump

Yeah, he has been for awhile now. I personally thing Drudge makes his money by reporting chaos and that is created by attacking those in power. I don't think he is left or right but more about those clicks.

I call BS

You can’t recall if you were told to be prepared to take over presidential duties???

This suggests to me that it’s true but pence doesn’t want to face Trumps supernova of rage if he admits it’s true

But he doesn’t want to flat out lie either

And don’t hand me that “a VP always has to be prepared to take over” line either
    =========================

Washington(CNN)Vice President Mike Pence was put on standby to temporarily assume the powers of the presidency during President Donald Trump'sunannounced visit to Walter Reed hospital in November 2019, according to a copy of New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt's forthcoming book obtained by CNN......

Pence on Tuesday disputed that he had been placed on standby during the visit, telling Fox News' Bret Baier that "I'm always informed of the President's movements -- whether it was on that day or any other day, I'm informed. But there was no, there was nothing out of the ordinary about that moment or that day."

When pressed on whether he had been placed on standby, Pence replied, "I don't recall being told to be on standby. I was informed that the President had a doctor's appointment," adding that "part of this job is you're always on standby, you're vice president of the United States."..........

I call BS

You can’t recall if you were told to be prepared to take over presidential duties???

This suggests to me that it’s true but pence doesn’t want to face Trumps supernova of rage if he admits it’s true

But he doesn’t want to flat out lie either

And don’t hand me that “a VP always has to be prepared to take over” line either
    =========================

Washington(CNN)Vice President Mike Pence was put on standby to temporarily assume the powers of the presidency during President Donald Trump'sunannounced visit to Walter Reed hospital in November 2019, according to a copy of New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt's forthcoming book obtained by CNN......

Pence on Tuesday disputed that he had been placed on standby during the visit, telling Fox News' Bret Baier that "I'm always informed of the President's movements -- whether it was on that day or any other day, I'm informed. But there was no, there was nothing out of the ordinary about that moment or that day."

When pressed on whether he had been placed on standby, Pence replied, "I don't recall being told to be on standby. I was informed that the President had a doctor's appointment," adding that "part of this job is you're always on standby, you're vice president of the United States."..........

Yeah. I said the same thing.

I've read conflicting articles about whether Trump's focus on the protests is distracting from his pandemic response is working or not
    ==========================================================================

NEW YORK (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's attempt to make civil unrest a central theme of his re-election campaign has yet to boost his political standing, as most Americans do not see crime as a major problem confronting the nation and a majority remain sympathetic to anti-racism protests, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

The Aug. 31-Sept. 1 national opinion poll showed that 40% of registered voters support Trump, a Republican, compared with 47% who said they will vote for his Democratic opponent Joe Biden. Biden's lead is largely unchanged over the past three weeks during which both parties held conventions to nominate their candidates Trump and Biden for the presidency.

Trailing Biden in most national opinion polls since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus this year, Trump has sought to change the subject from a pandemic that has killed more than 180,000 Americans, blaming Black Lives Matters protesters for violence in the cities and accusing Biden of being weak on crime.................

KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) — After struggling for much of the year to settle on a clear and concise reelection message, President Donald Trump appears to have found his 2020 rallying cry.

Four years ago, it was “Build the Wall," a simple yet coded mantra to white America that nonwhite outsiders threatened their way of life. This week, Trump has re-centered his campaign on another three-word phrase that carries a similar racial dynamic: “Law and Order.”

For much of the summer, the Republican president flirted with the bumper-sticker slogan championed by Richard Nixon and George Wallace in 1968. But Trump sharply increased his focus on law and order after a white police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, shot Jacob Blake, a Black man, multiple times last week as Blake's three children watched, sparking protest-related violence.

The president toured the Midwestern city on Tuesday, meeting with law enforcement officials and businesses affected by the protests. He largely ignored Blake's family.

Trump referred to protest-related violence as “domestic terror” while decrying “violent mobs” that demolished or damaged two dozen local businesses....................

............Most of this chatter has been little more than speculation: hot takes with no basis in data. But a deeper look at the new Yahoo News-YouGov poll suggests that over the last month — a period that encompassed both parties’ conventions, the shooting of Jacob Blake by police, the killing of two Kenosha protesters by an armed Trump supporter and the killing of a right-wing counter-protester in Portland this weekend — concern about crime has climbed and patience with protesters has waned among the key bloc of swing voters Trump has been trying to target with talk of “agitators” and “anarchists”: suburban Americans.

At the same time, Trump’s numbers have improved in the suburbs — and Joe Biden’s have slipped...............

Last edited:
    The 6 polls that I've found from today and yesterday, on "Direction of Country" and "Job Approval" are still quite negative for Trump. I'm still trying to find concrete evidence of the polling that CNN and Saint for Life have cited as demonstrable proof of this helping Trump and hurting Biden.

Apparently the polls are out there, but I'm not having luck finding them.

And I think there's real reason to be suspicious of the claims beyond "feelings" or "impressions" or a desire to want them to be true or not (depending on which side you are)

ALso, the first real poll data came out yesterday on the post-convention 'bump' for both and Biden improved his lead in the polling. The net gain for the RNC Convention for Trump has been pretty tepid compared to previous conventions for incumbent candidates.

Pennsylvania Monmouth poll comparison:
    July 15: Biden with a 13 point lead with all RV and 7-10 point lead depending on the likeliness of vote.

Sept 2: Biden with 4 point lead among RV and up 1 to 3 points ( a statistical ties, depdning on likeliness of vote.

Georgia Landmark Communications comparison:
    August 17: Trump with a 2.9 point lead among likely voters

Sept. 2: Trump with 7.4 lead among likely voters

North Carolina East Carolina Univ. poll
    August 12-13: Tie

Aug. 29-30: Trump up 2

Those are a few I could quickly find comparing same polling services. Don't have time or inclination to dig too much deeper. But even using 538's national polling average model shows that Biden had an 8.3 point lead at start of August, that rose to a 9.3 point lead the beginning of the last week of the month and that now stands as a 7 point lead.
    Not a huge difference - and you would expect some tightening, but it is national which means Trump is probably seeing positive results in many of the purple states he must win.

[EDIT] I viewed the 538 data incorrectly. The 7 point lead for Biden was for Sept. 1. As of today it is a 7.5 point lead.
    I also found 538's national average for 2016 and on this day in 2016 Clinton held a 3.7 point lead. So Biden is doing much better than that, obviously.

Last edited:
    The 6 polls that I've found from today and yesterday, on "Direction of Country" and "Job Approval" are still quite negative for Trump. I'm still trying to find concrete evidence of the polling that CNN and Saint for Life have cited as demonstrable proof of this helping Trump and hurting Biden.

Apparently the polls are out there, but I'm not having luck finding them.

And I think there's real reason to be suspicious of the claims beyond "feelings" or "impressions" or a desire to want them to be true or not (depending on which side you are)

ALso, the first real poll data came out yesterday on the post-convention 'bump' for both and Biden improved his lead in the polling. The net gain for the RNC Convention for Trump has been pretty tepid compared to previous conventions for incumbent candidates.
    This is not good for Trump

Attachments

• 1599064940.png
      1599064940.png
      57.3 KB · Views: 190
    A few interesting things from looking at 2016 vs. today:

Clinton never was above 46% in the 538 national polling average. That was her high watermark and she achieved it on October 26. Since June 13 Biden has only fallen below 50% at one point: July 22 he hit 49.5 followed by 4 days at 49.9.

In 2016 Trump went from August 2 to Sept. 17 never getting above 40%. His highest numbers happened November 4 and 5 where he was 42.3%. This go around he has been hovering below 43% since early June.

Final polling average was 45.7 for Clinton - her actual performance was 2.5 points better: 48.2
    Trump's final average was 41.8 - he received 46.1% - outperforming by 4.3 points.

I doubt there is going to be anywhere close to the 3rd party votes that we saw in 2016 - which would mean that Trump has to hope the excess polling numbers Biden is seeing vs. Clinton are padding the margins in solid blue states (say Stein voters sucking it up and going with Biden) and/or more enthusiasm in deep blue states. Because unless there is a big change, Biden looks poised to easily top 50% of the vote.

LOL, wut?

Donald Trump told Sarah Sanders she would have to “go to North Korea and take one for the team”, after Kim Jong-un winked at the then White House press secretary during a summit in Singapore in June 2018.

“Kim Jong-un hit on you!” a delighted Trump joked, according to Sanders’ new memoir. “He did! He f*****g hit on you!”

Speaking for Myself will be released next Tuesday. The Guardian obtained a copy.

He tried to pimp her out to a dictator and she still worked for him for another year? He's a cretin and she's spineless.
    I really, really doubt that he was being serious or that she took it seriously. In the selection from her book in the article it says "Trump joked..."

Sure I guess you could say that he threw it out there to gauge her reaction.. but uh yeah, I don't think anything about that was actually for serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom