Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

No fact check says he did not call the China virus a hoax. Oops my bad the coronavirus.

But what did he say? He said it was the new hoax the Dems would try to pin on him! So that is in turn calling it a hoax.

By calling it the new hoax has the same effect as the China virus. Like a dog whistle for dipshits!

Ya see.

Like reading between the lines.

If I were to call you Richard some might think I am calling you a dick and not Richard.

See how that works.

It is ok have it your way. Rich ahhh just kidding!
    I know Richard.
    Richard introduced me to SR.com.
    Moose, I'm no Richard.
    :haha-rire-395:

The ad is based around this:

"Even after Trump explained his remarks, some Democrats — including former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg — continued to wrongly accuse Trump of describing the coronavirus as a “hoax.”"

Mountain, meet molehill.

Can you explain away every other comment in the video as well, or are you just going to stick to this one and ignore everything else?

Can you explain away every other comment in the video as well, or are you just going to stick to this one and ignore everything else?
    Not explaining away anything. Pointing out that getting your news from a super PAC propaganda video is (Dadsdream Edit) a questionable practice.

Last edited:
    So, it's OK that FactCheck says he was "wrongly accused" so long as it makes him look bad? OK.

He was wrongly accused if you take Trump at his word of later clarification, and the article says as much:

"But that’s not what Trump said he meant."

Again, if you want to take him at his word go ahead. Trump never lies, right? Trump never downplayed the Coronavirus impact at all, right? The fact of the matter is, Trump has not taken this situation seriously enough and people have died because of it. Whether it's lack of a plan, late actions or publicly downplaying its potential impact, those facts are indisputable.

Here's another idiot that took Trump at his word and thought this was all just the fake media:

Who knows how many others this moron infected before he died.

There are now more cases in the U.S. than any other country in the world:

Last edited:
    Not explaining away anything. Pointing out that getting your news from a super PAC propaganda video is really, really dumb.
    I don't think implying that people are 'really, really dumb' is appropriate or called for.

If it was, I'd say that engaging with people discussing a specific video by repeatedly stating you refuse to watch the video, while repeatedly pushing a tenuous argument asserting that other material by the same organisation is dubious which means this material must also be dubious, is really, really dumb.

But it isn't, so I won't.

I don't think implying that people are 'really, really dumb' is appropriate or called for.

If it was, I'd say that engaging with people discussing a specific video by repeatedly stating you refuse to watch the video, while repeatedly pushing a tenuous argument asserting that other material by the same organisation is dubious which means this material must also be dubious, is really, really dumb.

But it isn't, so I won't.
    ( Previous post edited by Dadsdream to read ". . . is a questionable practice." )

Since the video is a piece of political propaganda from a super PAC with a well-deserved reputation for bogus videos and it's been shown by FactCheck this one contains a falsehood as well, perhaps the video should be labeled as FALSE. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
    If I said the NFL was a hoax after the Saints got screwed in that championship game a couple years ago, would you take my words to mean that I'm exclusively/literally saying the NFL does not exist, or maybe something different?

It's not wrong to say that Trump called this coronavirus thing a hoax, because he did. He wasn't saying the virus does not actually exist, but he was saying the coronavirus didn't appear to be that big of a deal when compared with the flu and that the Democrats were simply making it a big issue to go after him. That it was a big hoax.

Last edited:
    ( Previous post edited by Dadsdream to read ". . . is a questionable practice." )

Since the video is a piece of political propaganda from a super PAC with a well-deserved reputation for bogus videos and it's been shown by FactCheck this one contains a falsehood as well, perhaps the video should be labeled as FALSE. Just a suggestion.

You're saying this with zero knowledge of the content of the video. How can you suggest it be labeled as false if you don't even know the rest of the content, much less have a way to refute it?

Since the video is a piece of political propaganda and the video is nothing more than direct quotes from trump himself, therefore you are saying that trump is a piece of political propaganda. He's a piece of something, I can tell you that.

You're saying this with zero knowledge of the content of the video. How can you suggest it be labeled as false if you don't even know the rest of the content, much less have a way to refute it?
    Considering the source, with which I am familiar, everything I need to know about that video is here:

Priorities USA, the largest Democratic super PAC, is expanding an ad buy accusing President Trump of mismanaging the coronavirus crisis a day after the Trump campaign threatened legal action against TV stations airing the ad in key battleground states.

Priorities USA originally put $6 million behind the ad, which is running in Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. On Thursday, the super PAC announced the ad would begin running in Arizona with an additional $600,000 investment behind it.

And here:

However, fact-checkers have said it is wrong to claim that Trump ever called the coronavirus a “hoax.” Rather, Trump has said that Democratic efforts to politicize the virus was "their new hoax.”

On Wednesday, Trump’s legal counsel sent a letter to television stations airing the ad demanding they “cease and desist” from airing the ad if they want to “avoid costly and time consuming litigation.”

We still have a long way to go until November.

Considering the source, with which I am familiar, everything I need to know about that video is here:

Priorities USA, the largest Democratic super PAC, is expanding an ad buy accusing President Trump of mismanaging the coronavirus crisis a day after the Trump campaign threatened legal action against TV stations airing the ad in key battleground states.

Priorities USA originally put $6 million behind the ad, which is running in Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. On Thursday, the super PAC announced the ad would begin running in Arizona with an additional $600,000 investment behind it.

And here:

However, fact-checkers have said it is wrong to claim that Trump ever called the coronavirus a “hoax.” Rather, Trump has said that Democratic efforts to politicize the virus was "their new hoax.”

On Wednesday, Trump’s legal counsel sent a letter to television stations airing the ad demanding they “cease and desist” from airing the ad if they want to “avoid costly and time consuming litigation.”

We still have a long way to go until November.

The hoax quote was one among many.

"The coronavirus..."

"This is their new hoax."

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China."

"One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

"When you have fifteen people and within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero..."

"We really think we've done a great job in keeping it down to a minimum."

"I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it."

"No, I don't take responsibility at all."

Those are the quotes. You dispute the "hoax" quote. What about the others?

This is literally hilarious. The ad doesn’t “accuse“ Trump of anything. It merely plays some of his own statements over a timeline of covid19 cases. That’s it. There are no words in the ad other than his own words, and frankly it’s very damning.

His own words, nothing else. 🤦‍♀️

The hoax quote was one among many.

"The coronavirus..."

"This is their new hoax."

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China."

"One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

"When you have fifteen people and within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero..."

"We really think we've done a great job in keeping it down to a minimum."

"I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it."

"No, I don't take responsibility at all."

Those are the quotes. You dispute the "hoax" quote. What about the others?
    Yeah, I'm sure the lawyers for those TV stations are laughing their arse off at the cease and desist letter if they didn't just decide to wipe their arses with it. Yeah, trump - a well know proven habitual liar - is threatening to suit someone because they published his exact words but his exact words were not what he meant when he said them. That's basically their grounds for the lawsuit. They quoted him saying something using his own words but that's not what he meant when he said those words. I guess trump and his team think judges be stupid like dat.

If you concede that the information in the video was trump's own words and the timeline was accurate, I'll concede that the video was produced by a democratic super PAC.
    DD has responded to maybe a dozen posts since this one, yet he hasn't responded to this one. He must've overlooked it.

Here's another idiot that took Trump at his word and thought this was all just the fake media:

Who knows how many others this moron infected before he died.

From the article:
    n the comments, Spradlin acknowledged that the outbreak is a “real issue,” but added that he believes “the media is pumping out fear and doing more harm than good”. “It will come and it will go,” he wrote. “As long as I walk in the light of that law [of the Spirit of life], no germ will attach itself to me,” read a quote from the post.

I guess he thought he was walking in the light of law but the good Lord showed him that he wasn't. Hopefully, the Lord has forgiven him of his earthly transgressions.

Yeah, watching a video that does nothing but show and quote the president and his reaction and response to this from his own mouth would be so awful...because it's forking true.
    Do you remember how big of a deal that many here made when BeachFriends posted a Twitter post thay showed an unedited video clip that had some guy that made an irrelevant mention of Qanon?

So, it's OK that FactCheck says he was "wrongly accused" so long as it makes him look bad? OK.
    How about you using your own common sense? It is obvious Trump was minimizing the virus concerns. Even if you take him at his word, which strains credulity, since the critics have been proven right about how serious this should’ve been taken, then what does that imply about those other democratic “hoaxes”? I guess none of them were hoaxes. The only hoax is the hoax Trump is pulling on his supporters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom