Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Well, I guess that explains why his base of support in NYC is the current epicenter of this thing in the U.S.
    You think NYC supports Trump? I guess this was sarcasm. Trump's team is still mucking things up, so some Republican areas that aren't currently suffering will suffer just as much if they follow the lead of their cult leader. Fortunately many of those Republican areas are hypocrites, so while they claim to bow at the foot of their cult leader, they know he's full of it, so they're preparing. The true believers will suffer the most if they continue to minimize the virus.

Who is this cult leade
    You think NYC supports Trump? I guess this was sarcasm. Trump's team is still mucking things up, so some Republican areas that aren't currently suffering will suffer just as much if they follow the lead of their cult leader. Fortunately many of those Republican areas are hypocrites, so while they claim to bow at the foot of their cult leader, they know he's full of it, so they're preparing. The true believers will suffer the most if they continue to minimize the virus.
    Fingers crossed! GO TEAM GO!!!

A threat to pull licenses for lack of butt smoochin'

If I owned the station, I'd take him up on that offer, and I'd pull the ad. Then, I would make sure that any ad he tried to run that contained anything that was false or misleading also wouldn't be run.

Nobody's going to concede that the video was produced by a Democratic super PAC with a history of producing bogus videos? OK.

I'll concede the point if you say it's true. That said, the ad is accurate and indisputable.

You can bash the source, but just like a broken watch, it's right twice a day.

The only thing less accurate than a broken watch seems to be Trump whenever he opens his mouth.

Why? It following and pointing out stupid logic.

no it uses faulty logic. it is being used to distract from the facts of this pandemic and the administration’s failings. The virus isn’t partisan, and people in this country aren’t segregated by their political beliefs which is what Jim is implying. This virus will kill whoever is in its path and unlucky enough to develop the severe form of the disease.

Another thing that’s been bothering me: Criticizing Trump about his lack of effective response to this isn’t partisan, not at this point. He has done an epically awful job, and thousands of people are going to die needlessly as a direct result of the shirtty job he has done and continues to do. This is just an objective truth.

I think using partisanship to “make political points” about a deadly pandemic is a shirtty response.

He has done an epically awful job, and thousands of people are going to die needlessly as a direct result of the shirtty job he has done and continues to do.

I think using partisanship to “make political points” about a deadly pandemic is a shirtty response.
    Really? You can't see it can you?

Back in normal trump news
    ====================
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is poised to roll back ambitious Obama-era vehicle mileage standards and raise the ceiling on damaging fossil fuel emissions for years to come, gutting one of the United States’ biggest efforts against climate change.

The Trump administration is expected to release a final rule Tuesday on mileage standards through 2026. The change — making good on the rollback after two years of Trump threatening and fighting states and a faction of automakers that opposed the move — waters down a tough Obama mileage standard that would have encouraged automakers to ramp up production of electric vehicles and more fuel-efficient gas and diesel vehicles.

“When finalized, the rule will benefit our economy, will improve the U.S. fleet’s fuel economy, will make vehicles more affordable, and will save lives by increasing the safety of new vehicles,” EPA spokeswoman Corry Schiermeyer said Monday, ahead of the expected release.

Opponents contend the change — gutting his predecessor’s legacy effort against climate-changing fossil fuel emissions — appears driven by Trump’s push to undo regulatory initiatives of former President Barack Obama, and say even the administration has had difficulty pointing to the kind of specific, demonstrable benefits to drivers, public health and safety or the economy that normally accompany standards changes.

The Trump administration says the looser mileage standards will allow consumers to keep buying the less fuel-efficient SUVs that U.S. drivers have favored for years. Opponents say it will kill several hundred more Americans a year through dirtier air, compared to the Obama standards...........

Donald Trump admitted on Monday that making it easier to vote in America would hurt the Republican party.

The president made the comments as he dismissed a Democratic-led push for reforms such as vote-by-mail, same-day registration and early voting as states seek to safely run elections amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Democrats had proposed the measures as part of the coronavirus stimulus. They ultimately were not included in the $2.2tn final package, which included only $400m to states to help them run elections.

“The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” Trump said during an appearance on Fox & Friends.

“They had things in there about election days and what you do and all sorts of clawbacks. They had things that were just totally crazy and had nothing to do with workers that lost their jobs and companies that we have to save.”

Democrats often accuse Republicans of deliberately making it hard to vote in order to keep minorities, immigrants, young people and other groups from the polls.

And Republicans often say they oppose voting reforms because of concerns of voter fraud – which is extremely rare – or concerns over having the federal government run elections.

But Trump’s remarks reveal how at least some Republicans have long understood voting barriers to be a necessary part of their political self-preservation.........

From the My Pillow guy

Has any president ever demanded/expected/required that his butt be kissed as much as Trump does?
    =======================================================

….."God gave us grace on Nov. 8, 2016, to change the course we were on," Lindell said, referencing the day of Trump's election. "God had been taken out of our schools and lives, a nation had turned its back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back in the word, read our Bibles and spend time with our families."

Lindell, standing behind a podium bearing the presidential seal, said Trump "gave us so much hope" and cited the strong economy that has since cratered due to the virus.

"With our great president, vice president, and this administration and all the great people in this country praying daily, we will get through this and get back to a place that's stronger and safer than ever," he said.

"I did not know he was going to do that, but he's a friend of mine and I do appreciate it," Trump said as Lindell stepped off stage.........….

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom