Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Does he even realize what he just described is a crime?

In other words, he wants credit for not raising money illegally by extorting big business? What a jackass.

" The mayor of Tucson, Arizona has written to the Trump campaign pleading with them to respect measures put in place to stop the spread of coronavirus, and asking for the payment of $80,000 in fees still not paid from his previous visit. "

so who would have thought, trump and co never paid their bills from 2016. I wonder how many other cities got stuck with bills like this

I'm sure plenty

I think he still owes Washington DC for his inauguration

DOJ has filed its reply brief in the Carroll defamation removal case. Oral argument is tomorrow. I think DOJ is legally correct on this, I think it's going to stay in federal court as a Federal Tort Claims Act case (and be dismissed under the defamation exception).

There's quite a bit of hand-wringing about this, including some arguing that the DOJ attorneys should be sanctioned for acting as Trump's personal lawyers. But the legal issues at play in this case are virtually identical to the case where Nicholas Sandmann and other Kentucky high school students sued Senator Elizabeth Warren for defamation over tweets she made that disparaged the students. On the same law and principles, DOJ removed the case to federal court, substituted as party-defendant, and moved to dismiss based on the defamation-exception to the tort claims act.

He’s been verbally questioning him for some time now because he won’t indict who Trump wants him to.

He refused the other day to say he would be part of his second term, if it comes to pass.

Trump is attacking Barr?

Attacks is probably an overstatement, but he has been very critical of late and refused to say if he'd keep Barr on if re-elected. He's called the lack of anything from the various investigations into the Russia investigation a disgrace and embarrassment.

I’m forever amazed that so many are willing to betray their morals, and trash their reputations to be so beholden to and show so much loyalty to someone that has zero loyalty to them

Trump will throw any and all of them under the bus in a hot second if he feels it’s in his best interest to do so

Attacks is probably an overstatement, but he has been very critical of late and refused to say if he'd keep Barr on if re-elected. He's called the lack of anything from the various investigations into the Russia investigation a disgrace and embarrassment.

What a clown. Actually, they're both complete clowns. I mean, did Barr actually think that he was only going to be the AG for long enough to discredit the Mueller report? How could he not have known that illegal requests from Trump to investigate and lock people up who he considers rivals or enemies would be a must considering he's been wanting to lock up Clinton since they were candidates? Now he wants to lock up any and everyone who opposes him regardless of the fact that these people have every right to do and say the things they are. We've really got to put this nightmare to bed.

I’m forever amazed that so many are willing to betray their morals, and trash their reputations to be so beholden to and show so much loyalty to someone that has zero loyalty to them

Trump will throw any and all of them under the bus in a hot second if he feels it’s in his best interest to do so
    There really are just a few that haven't been thrown under the bus by now.

I dont think its loyalty to Trump per se at this point- its loyalty to the ideology of the Republican party platform. They are hostages of their own beliefs and putting party over country at every turn. They dont recognize Trump as the wolf in sheeps clothing because he is toting the party line ultimately and wields the current power.

Trump isnt interested in ANYTHING other than Trump. The problem is by time these guys awaken, it will be too late. Damage is done. Now the party has the priviledge of picking up the pieces and attempting to put it all back together.

I dont think its loyalty to Trump per se at this point- its loyalty to the ideology of the Republican party platform. They are hostages of their own beliefs and putting party over country at every turn. They dont recognize Trump as the wolf in sheeps clothing because he is toting the party line ultimately and wields the current power.

Trump isnt interested in ANYTHING other than Trump. The problem is by time these guys awaken, it will be too late. Damage is done. Now the party has the priviledge of picking up the pieces and attempting to put it all back together.
    I think people surrounding Trump have a core belief of “if not me, then someone worse”. Early on there were “establishment Rs” holding the line, i.e. Sessions, Priebus, Coats, etc. Trump purged these types over mostly the first 2 years and has the highest turnover rate of the last 5 presidents. Purged Rs were replaced with far right loyalists with varying levels of experience like Barr, Meadows, Ratcliff. These would go further than the previous group but their experience will not take them as far as Trump wants. If re-elected, I think Trump will have a 2nd purge. Trump will seek the incompetently faithful who will give in fully to his authoritarian wishes.

41C49843-8472-46A4-B20C-398D99728729.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom