Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

As usual, I thought that that ending segment by Maher was pretty good.

For those of you who saw his return to the airwaves last night, what did yall think of the show? It’s still weird to not have much of an audience, but better than when he was doing the show in his backyard, i think.. Also , Bill is far more diplomatic than i could ever dream of being, having an absolute disgrace like KellyAnne Conway on his show... There’s a reason why she’s one of the very few people Trump hasn’t thrown under the proverbial bus (yet), b/c she is one of the very few who is still intellectually dishonest enoguh to continue to defend him.

CNN: Virginia man arrested in DC with loaded handgun, ammunition, and fake inauguration credentials.

Law enforcement is going to be very busy over the next few days.

Last edited:
    @wardorican

I would think that PPP is exactly why she accepted that loan. She probably assumed she would receive funds from it, took a bridge loan to keep herself afloat until the funds came in. Except they never came.

if you have assets in your business which I assume she does, you can leverage them fairly easily on the short term. It’s how a lot of large building complexes get financed. But terms are brutal from VCs or equity banks. So as long as you pay them back you can get away for free practically. Again, if you see the relief. If you don’t have revenue quick, it can put you under fast.

The next week is going to be
    wild:

Yes I’m worried that it will be
    ======================

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — War-like imagery has begun spreading in Republican circles after the attack on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters, with some elected officials and party leaders rejecting pleas to tone down rhetoric calling for a second civil war.

In northwestern Wisconsin, the chairman of the St. Croix County Republican Party was forced to resign Friday after refusing for a week after the siege to remove an online post urging followers to “prepare for war.”

The incoming chairwoman of the Michigan GOP and her husband, a state lawmaker, have joined a conservative social media site created after the Capitol riot where the possibility of civil war is a topic.

Phil Reynolds, a member of the GOP central committee in California’s Santa Clara County, appeared to urge on insurrectionists on social media during the Jan. 6 attack, declaring on Facebook: “The war has begun. Citizens take arms! Drumroll please….. Civil War or No Civil War?”...........

These guys have apparently not been apprised on the law in DC against possessing weapons. If it was me in charge, I would learn who they are, where they intend to enter and have a mass arrest of anyone carrying a weapon openly. Then I would search the rest and arrest them if they have a concealed weapon and no DC-issued license.

Washington D.C.) Gun Laws: What You Need to Know | USCCA (usconcealedcarry.com)

From the site:
    Open carry is illegal in D.C., however, anyone with a D.C. Concealed Carry Pistol License (CCPL) may concealed carry. CCPLs require a firearms training course that has been approved by the Metro Police and are issued to residents and non-residents who are at least 21 years old. D.C. does not honor concealed carry licenses from any state or subdivision of the United States.

Boogaloo Boys 'will continue' their armed rally in DC on Sunday despite 15,000 National Guard troops | Daily Mail Online

My dad says there is 0% chance Trump doesn't declare martial law. It is imminent. LOL

This is so sad. I literally cannot talk to him anymore.

If anyone thinks Hawley and Cruz should be cut some slack, consider this timeline. Without them none of this happens.

“If it wasn’t my job I would’ve done that for free,” Officer Daniel Hodges said in an interview with NBC. “It was absolutely my pleasure to crush a white nationalist insurrection … We’ll do it as many times as it takes."

These guys have apparently not been apprised on the law in DC against possessing weapons. If it was me in charge, I would learn who they are, where they intend to enter and have a mass arrest of anyone carrying a weapon openly. Then I would search the rest and arrest them if they have a concealed weapon and no DC-issued license.

Washington D.C.) Gun Laws: What You Need to Know | USCCA (usconcealedcarry.com)

From the site:

Boogaloo Boys 'will continue' their armed rally in DC on Sunday despite 15,000 National Guard troops | Daily Mail Online

Yep, a lot of states recognize each other's licenses, but DC is definitely not one of them. There are also stiff penalties just for illegally transporting a weapon into the city. Anyone out of state caught carrying weapons in the city will be immediately arrested. I'm curious to see if those Boogaloo idiots press their luck. I suspect they won't get very far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom