Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

interesting read
    ============
    porters and camera crews were staked outside of Donald Trump’s appearance in a Miami federal court on Tuesday. But despite all the flashbulbs, there was one crucial, all-important image that Americans never got to see: the former president sitting inside the courtroom.

Cameras were not allowed inside the building, so courtroom sketch artists filled the gap. These artists had ample time to study the face of a man whose image has been inescapable for the last eight years. But, according to critics on Twitter, some of the images looked nothing like the man.

Take this sketch tweeted by frequent Trump foe and CNN correspondent Jim Acosta.

Sure, the artist nailed Trump’s favorite posture: sitting hunched-over and cross-armed like a petulant child who was just denied dessert. But the face and hair are a full catfish. Trump looks decades younger, with neater hair. It is just the type of photo Trump would call the most beautiful painting in the history of America, and hang at Mar-a-Lago.

Where did that orange tan go? Looks like it slid off his face and on to the shading behind him, framing the former president with a ghastly yellow glow.

Elizabeth Williams has worked as a courtroom sketch artist for over 40 years, working on the trials of Ghislaine Maxwell, R Kelly, Bernie Madoff and Martha Stewart. But even for such a hardened veteran, Trump’s likeness is tricky to nail.

“His likeness can be elusive,” Williams said. “He doesn’t have a lot of defining features, other than the tan face and the hair. Michael Cohen and El Chapo had the same thing. It can be challenging.”

According to Williams, Trump has bags under his eyes, crow’s feet, and some lines around his nose – but overall, his face is not as weathered as the average 77-year-old. “He has a very difficult face to capture,” she said. “I’m looking at my picture right now, and that doesn’t look like a 77-year-old man. I don’t know how much plastic surgery Trump has had, but that face does not look 77.”

In court, Trump’s lawyer did all the talking. Williams says he spent the entire proceeding with his arms crossed, staring at the floor. In the resulting image, he looks like a young Wall Street type, out to dinner on the company card, just waiting to complain about something, anything............

1686845653526.png

1686845668701.png

No way to know what theyre hiding. Because its hidden, get it?

You can guess if you like. Just for fun.

What do you think is the most likely thing being hidden by the redacted text in the photo? I believe it is classified information found in Mar-A-Lago. How about you?

interesting read
    ============
    porters and camera crews were staked outside of Donald Trump’s appearance in a Miami federal court on Tuesday. But despite all the flashbulbs, there was one crucial, all-important image that Americans never got to see: the former president sitting inside the courtroom.

Cameras were not allowed inside the building, so courtroom sketch artists filled the gap. These artists had ample time to study the face of a man whose image has been inescapable for the last eight years. But, according to critics on Twitter, some of the images looked nothing like the man.

Take this sketch tweeted by frequent Trump foe and CNN correspondent Jim Acosta.

Sure, the artist nailed Trump’s favorite posture: sitting hunched-over and cross-armed like a petulant child who was just denied dessert. But the face and hair are a full catfish. Trump looks decades younger, with neater hair. It is just the type of photo Trump would call the most beautiful painting in the history of America, and hang at Mar-a-Lago.

Where did that orange tan go? Looks like it slid off his face and on to the shading behind him, framing the former president with a ghastly yellow glow.

Elizabeth Williams has worked as a courtroom sketch artist for over 40 years, working on the trials of Ghislaine Maxwell, R Kelly, Bernie Madoff and Martha Stewart. But even for such a hardened veteran, Trump’s likeness is tricky to nail.

“His likeness can be elusive,” Williams said. “He doesn’t have a lot of defining features, other than the tan face and the hair. Michael Cohen and El Chapo had the same thing. It can be challenging.”

According to Williams, Trump has bags under his eyes, crow’s feet, and some lines around his nose – but overall, his face is not as weathered as the average 77-year-old. “He has a very difficult face to capture,” she said. “I’m looking at my picture right now, and that doesn’t look like a 77-year-old man. I don’t know how much plastic surgery Trump has had, but that face does not look 77.”

In court, Trump’s lawyer did all the talking. Williams says he spent the entire proceeding with his arms crossed, staring at the floor. In the resulting image, he looks like a young Wall Street type, out to dinner on the company card, just waiting to complain about something, anything............

1686845653526.png

1686845668701.png

Before I read the post, I saw the picture. My first thought was "why does he look like Lindsey Graham?"

On Tuesday night, Trump tried to cite the Presidential Records Act to defend his actions in a public speech carried on C-SPAN. "I had every right to have these documents," he claimed. But the act doesn't say that. It specifically excludes classified documents. Here's a tip: Look for that statement to be replayed on a video screen in court to help convict him.

Here’s something I was wondering. If prosecutors show the video of Trump saying he had the right to have the documents….and then has someone from NARA testify, and present copies of all communications between them and Trumps team, pointing out that nowhere in those communications did Trump ever say “I’m not giving them back because I have a right to keep them,” what then?

Is there a way for Trumps attorneys to somehow defend him admitting that he had the documents, but it was ok because he had a right to keep them…if he never claimed that during “negotiations”?

Just another example of what happens when a Republican candidate wrestles with what they think is right and what the Republican voter demands from them. Republican voters do not want their candidates to have integrity, they despise that trait, they want them to feed their anger. Any candidate that tries to run a positive campaign, one that would be inclusive to ALL AMERICANS, will be booed off the stage.

Here’s something I was wondering. If prosecutors show the video of Trump saying he had the right to have the documents….and then has someone from NARA testify, and present copies of all communications between them and Trumps team, pointing out that nowhere in those communications did Trump ever say “I’m not giving them back because I have a right to keep them,” what then?

Is there a way for Trumps attorneys to somehow defend him admitting that he had the documents, but it was ok because he had a right to keep them…if he never claimed that during “negotiations”?

I don’t think trump has any factual defense. He’s going to have to craft some kind of argument that the facts don’t result in the charged crimes (i.e. the elements of the charges). It looks like a tough case for him but we’ll have to see what they come up with.

I suspect we're going to hear Trump supporters talking quite a bit about Jury nullification to plant seeds in the mind of potential jurors.

I believe refusing the National Archives is a misdemeanor. Refusing to respond to a subpoena is criminal. You have to abide by subpoenas, and if you believe it is wrong, you can do that through the judicial system. He further lied and obstructed, which is what he is indicted for, not for his interactions with the NA.

No way to know what theyre hiding. Because its hidden, get it?

You can guess if you like. Just for fun.
    I mean, the simplest answer is often the correct one. In this case they're not hiding anything, rather they are covering what would be classified documents, for obvious reasons.

I suppose they could lie about what it is, but that seems highly unlikely here.

Manu Raju Stumps Tommy Tuberville With Question About Trump Keeping Docs in Mar-a-Lago Bathroom​

You can't make this stuff up..lol
    Yeah, they were secure. I mean, he said they had to go in there and they had to bring a locksmith to open some of the locks,” Tuberville replied.

“Some were in the bathroom, though,” Raju noted, referring to a photo in the indictment showing boxes in a Mar-a-Lago bathroom.

Well, I don’t know about that now. I don’t know about that,” Tuberville replied.

I would move to declassify so there was NO way Rs, Trump supporters et al could EVER say " well we never SAW the TS/S/ and what was in it"

But i fear that it will morph into " THATS what was TS/S - everyone already KNEW that " type rhetoric.

This is probably why cases like THIS ( extremely high profile ) never really go far- DOJ has to choose from 2 evils.

What do you think is the most likely thing being hidden by the redacted text in the photo? I believe it is classified information found in Mar-A-Lago. How about you?
    I believe when I see that something hidden from me that the hidden thing is something that the hider does not want me to see.

When I see the hider deliberately showing me a picture of what the thing is hidden behind, I wonder why they would do that.

It's like that weird uncle that doesn't have kids of his own, but he's figured out that playing I've got a secret we'll get their attention.

I mean, the simplest answer is often the correct one. In this case they're not hiding anything, rather they are covering what would be classified documents, for obvious reasons.

I suppose they could lie about what it is, but that seems highly unlikely here.
    I don't share your optimism about the FBI's honesty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom