Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Yea, i'm assuming the phone data is accurate. It it isn't that is very easy to prove.
    And yet it's completely on-brand for Trump Legal to get people wound up over things that are ultimately proven false/spurious/irrelevant without ever acknowledging it.

I don't really care what the phone records say. It might be relevant to what the court or specific hearing is asking and ok, but I care about the craptastic judgement of Willis.

And yet it's completely on-brand for Trump Legal to get people wound up over things that are ultimately proven false/spurious/irrelevant without ever acknowledging it.

Yea, i hope the phone records are fabricated.

There isn't any reason to think that they are though.

I don't really care what the phone records say. It might be relevant to what the court or specific hearing is asking and ok, but I care about the craptastic judgement of Willis.
    Willis should simply step aside and allow someone else in her office to prosecute the case so that the focus goes back to the case. She seems to be determined to stay on regardless of the distraction. She used poor judgement, even if the relationship started later. This prosecution should be a model of ethics, not blur the lines, because it is too important.

Willis should simply step aside and allow someone else in her office to prosecute the case so that the focus goes back to the case. She seems to be determined to stay on regardless of the distraction. She used poor judgement, even if the relationship started later. This prosecution should be a model of ethics, not blur the lines, because it is too important.
    I'm seeing some people say she can't step aside because she can't give it to someone else in her office. I don't know though. I've heard conflicting reports on what actually would happen if she decided to step aside.

I'm seeing some people say she can't step aside because she can't give it to someone else in her office. I don't know though. I've heard conflicting reports on what actually would happen if she decided to step aside.
    Maybe the difference is that she could remove herself without the case being abandoned, but if the judge removes her the case is over. 🤷‍♀️

Conway seems to think that there isn’t anything to support removing her from the case (by the judge). He says a sexual relationship isn’t a conflict of interest in this case. And there’s no evidence that she appointed him for financial gain.

Maybe the difference is that she could remove herself without the case being abandoned, but if the judge removes her the case is over. 🤷‍♀️

Conway seems to think that there isn’t anything to support removing her from the case (by the judge). He says a sexual relationship isn’t a conflict of interest in this case. And there’s no evidence that she appointed him for financial gain.
    I think she's doing the right thing in staying. I hope she remains.

It's a page from the GOP playbook. "Can I be jailed? Can I be forced out? No? Then just stop this dog & pony show and quit wasting everyone's time."

From what I understand, the argument being made is ridiculous, and I'm having trouble believing that it's actually going through all of this process.

As I understand it, the argument being made by Trump and his co-defendants is that since Wade was hired by Willis, and Wade is being paid by the state, since Wade spent money taking Willis out on dates, Willis has a financial interest in the outcome of this case. That seems to be a HUGE stretch.

A federal judge overseeing Donald Trump’scriminal case over his retention of classified documents appeared inclined to reject a proposal by special counsel prosecutors that she set a schedule culminating in a July trial, suggesting at a court hearing on Friday she found the timeline unworkable.

The US district judge Aileen Cannon did not set a new trial date from the bench – it is currently set for May but almost certain to be scrapped – and it was unclear whether she would adopt competing schedules proposed by Trump and prosecutors, or set her own.

Trump himself attended the entirety of the hearing, which he often spent smirking and whispering to his lead lawyer, Todd Blanche. When Trump departed the courthouse, his motorcade slowed down so Trump could wave to supporters who had assembled with flags several lines deep.

The apparent jubilation of Trump after the hearing was striking. Trump has been surly in all of his court hearings to date but watching Cannon engage in tense exchanges with prosecutors – as the special counsel Jack Smith watched with alarm – seemed to energize his mood.……

Our justice system is dedicated to the principle that no one is above the law, not even the president of the United States, much less a former president. Everyone should have his day in court, particularly the prosecutor in a criminal case. But there is no law that says that a criminal defendant must be tried at any particular time.

There are 91 damning felony counts against Donald Trump pending in four jurisdictions, but the outlook for a near-term trial date is not promising. With the clock running out, and the Supreme Court having no appetite for proceeding on Special Counsel Jack Smith’s timetable, it seems more likely than not that there will be no trial of Donald Trump in a federal court before the election.

It has been said that justice delayed is justice denied. And there is enough blame to go around. Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) refused to convict Trump in the impeachment proceeding arising out of Jan. 6, and left criminal accountability to the Justice Department.

Trump’s strategy of delay has largely worked. Some of his success has been pure luck, as in drawing the Trump-friendly Judge Aileen Cannon in Florida; some in the uneven approach of the Supreme Court to the timeline; and some to the unexpected Fani Willis imbroglio. And, truth be told, blame may be laid at the feet of Attorney General Merrick Garland, who waited almost two years before appointing Smith to take charge of Jan. 6–related prosecutions.

Pundits are starting to throw in the towel. David Axelrod wrote that “it now appears that American voters will have to act as the jury, if the former president is EVER to be held accountable for his actions leading up to 1/6/21.” Conservative Trump detractor Bill Kristol acknowledges that, “Those who hoped the legal system would stop Trump are disappointed. … Where does that leave the American people? Relying on ourselves.”

Even Smith appears to have given up the ghost. He has asked for a July 8 trial date in Florida in the classified documents case — he obviously doesn’t think the D.C. case will take place this summer.

Legal analyst Elie Honig offers a qualified timeline in which a trial starts in August and we have a verdict in early October. Wishful thinking. As Honig acknowledges, this is if everything breaks Smith’s way...........

Another witness coming forward to show that Willis was lying about when the relationship started.

Fanni blew this.

None of us should ever forgive her.

I do not care anymore. The judge needs to wrap this up and move on with Trump's trial. None of this has to do with Trump and his co-conspirators charges or their guilt. He's entertained this distraction for too long. It's incomprehensible to me that no court, government body, media or the public at large is able to ignore and move past Trump's side shows. They all get wrapped up in it.

Let the ethics boards sort this out if there are any real improprieties.

I do not care anymore. The judge needs to wrap this up and move on with Trump's trial. None of this has to do with Trump and his co-conspirators charges or their guilt. He's entertained this distraction for too long. It's incomprehensible to me that no court, government body, media or the public at large is able to ignore and move past Trump's side shows. They all get wrapped up in it.

Let the ethics boards sort this out if there are any real improprieties.

I hope Trump dies in prison, but i've watched every second of the hearing, and i think that it is more likely than not that the judge is going to remove Willis, and it will get passed on to a prosecutor that just drops the case.

I hope Trump dies in prison, but i've watched every second of the hearing, and i think that it is more likely than not that the judge is going to remove Willis, and it will get passed on to a prosecutor that just drops the case.

That would be a complete and total miscarriage of justice and very much par for the course with the legal system outside of New York (and I suppose Colorado) holding Trump responsible for his breaking of the law. .

In short, it would not surprise me of that happens.

That would be a complete and total miscarriage of justice and very much par for the course with the legal system outside of New York (and I suppose Colorado) holding Trump responsible for his breaking of the law. .

In short, it would not surprise me of that happens.

If it happens, it will 100% be the fault of Fanni Willis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom