Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

I'm not worried tbh. Trump might have the support of some groups, but he has no real firepower. Where would he get the guns, bombs, tanks and planes he would need to actually pull off a real coup if he actuallywent that far? It's just not going to happen. And DC wouldn't get caught with their pants down like on 1/6. Biden would simply deny any permits they would need for assembling and speaking near the WH and Capitol.

With the backdrop of 1/6, I think both DC and the Capitol will be well-prepared for any sort of physical confrontation.

I do think what may happen is Trump might try to have them show up at a hearing or trial and do something there, but I think he'll have sense enough to realize that will hurt any chance he has to get the nomination. Violence before the real thing will hurt his case.
    I’m more worried about a drawn out period of terrorism like the Northern Irish “Troubles” than a huge uprising. Random bombings, shootings, utilities being targeted. That sort of thing.

I’m more worried about a drawn out period of terrorism like the Northern Irish “Troubles” than a huge uprising. Random bombings, shootings, utilities being targeted. That sort of thing.
    That makes sense. I'm not sure I but that happening though, or it would have already happened by now imo.

That said, the further along we get and the higher the pitch gets, the odds of it happening are gonna go up. Valid concern.

The Fulton county district attorney investigating Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state of Georgia has developed sufficient evidence to charge a sprawling racketeering indictment next month, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The racketeering statute in Georgia requires prosecutors to show the existence of an “enterprise” – and a pattern of racketeering activity that is predicated on at least two “qualifying” crimes.

In the Trump investigation, the Fulton county district attorney, Fani Willis, has amassed enough evidence to pursue a racketeering indictment predicated on statutes related to influencing witnesses and computer trespass, the people said.

Willis had previously said she was weighing racketeering charges in her criminal investigation, but the new details about the direction and scope of the case come as prosecutors are expected to seek indictments starting in the first two weeks of August.

The racketeering statute in Georgia is more expansive than its federal counterpart, notably because any attempts to solicit or coerce the qualifying crimes can be included as predicate acts of racketeering activity, even when those crimes cannot be indicted separately.

The specific evidence was not clear, though the charge regarding influencing witnesses could include Trump’s conversations with Georgia’s secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, in which he asked Raffensperger to “find” 11,780 votes, the people said – and thereby implicate Trump.

For the computer trespass charge, where prosecutors would have to show that defendants used a computer or network without authority to interfere with a program or data, that would include the breach of voting machines in Coffee county, the two people said.

The breach of voting machines involved a group of Trump operatives – paid by the then Trump lawyer Sidney Powell – accessing the voting machines at the county’s election office and copying sensitive voting system data.

The copied data from the Dominion Voting System machines, which is used statewide in Georgia, was then uploaded to a password-protected site from where election deniers could download the materials as part of a misguided effort to prove the 2020 election had been rigged.……

CNN) — A federal judge ordered Friday that the trial in the classified documents case that special counsel Jack Smith brought against former President Donald Trump begin in mid-May 2024.

US District Judge Aileen Cannon said a two-week trial period would begin on May 20.

If that timeline holds, then the trial would fall deep in the 2024 race for the White House, coming amid multiple GOP presidential primaries. It would be a rebuke to Trump and his legal team, who wanted to postpone the trial until after the general election takes place in November 2024.

However, Cannon’s order also means that the case will unfold at a far slower speed than what Smith’s team was proposing, when it recommended a fast-paced timeline that would start the trial in mid-December of this year. Such a schedule would have a trial wrap up before primary voting gets underway in the 2024 election, where Trump is the leading GOP candidate……..

CNN) — A federal judge ordered Friday that the trial in the classified documents case that special counsel Jack Smith brought against former President Donald Trump begin in mid-May 2024.

US District Judge Aileen Cannon said a two-week trial period would begin on May 20.

If that timeline holds, then the trial would fall deep in the 2024 race for the White House, coming amid multiple GOP presidential primaries. It would be a rebuke to Trump and his legal team, who wanted to postpone the trial until after the general election takes place in November 2024.

However, Cannon’s order also means that the case will unfold at a far slower speed than what Smith’s team was proposing, when it recommended a fast-paced timeline that would start the trial in mid-December of this year. Such a schedule would have a trial wrap up before primary voting gets underway in the 2024 election, where Trump is the leading GOP candidate……..

That just seems long, like 3 weeks before the RNC.

That said, not entirely unexpected. It was already looking like Feb or March. So a few months later.

Still feels long tho.

Absurd.

For the 1st time, I'm begining to believe that this case will not come to trial until Jan 2025. Trump will fire his attorney's in April '24, she will then push it back 6 more mon...but wait, there's something going on around that time.

Last edited:
    That just seems long, like 3 weeks before the RNC.

That said, not entirely unexpected. It was already looking like Feb or March. So a few months later.

Still feels long tho.

Later than I thought. I think it’s about as favorable as trump could have reasonably expected.

Later than I thought. I think it’s about as favorable as trump could have reasonably expected.
    It will be pushed further back and this trial will likely begin almost 2 years from its original start date. I think the start of Trump's Jan 6 trial has a better chance of starting before May 24 and he hasn't been indicted yet.

This judge is seemiling going to give Trump every type of allowance that's possible. Just feels like the exemplification of a defedent being given special treatment before the law.

This trial will be very frustrating. Can't these Trump judges even feen impartiality and independence.

This indictment is going to be interesting, from the angle from which NewsMax and Fox News cover this.

They are being sued for defamation for this very thing. So if they go all firebrand to protect him like they have the other indictments, they would be exposing themselves in those ongoing lawsuits, and have to be super careful not to break the existing settlement agreement with Dominion.

But telling the truth is a nonstarter. You can't stop lying once you have been lying for this long.

So how do you tell the truth about how much trouble he is in for this (and this is the biggest so far - and he has been indicted under the Espionage Act) while not alienating your audience into thinking you went woke?

This indictment is going to be interesting, from the angle from which NewsMax and Fox News cover this.

They are being sued for defamation for this very thing. So if they go all firebrand to protect him like they have the other indictments, they would be exposing themselves in those ongoing lawsuits, and have to be super careful not to break the existing settlement agreement with Dominion.

But telling the truth is a nonstarter. You can't stop lying once you have been lying for this long.

So how do you tell the truth about how much trouble he is in for this (and this is the biggest so far - and he has been indicted under the Espionage Act) while not alienating your audience into thinking you went woke?
    Easy.

You just don’t talk about it. At all.

I just scrolled through all of the Foxnews.com front page on my cell phone.

There are currently 47 articles on the page. Not one of them references Trump’s indictments in any way.

Maybe it’s not the top headline today, but you’re telling me it’s not in the top 50 headlines today?

Yea. Right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom