Texans fight with hostess at NYC restaurant over vaccinations (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

tigerfan

Reaction score
    The media seemed to delight in this story about these Texas rednecks. Then it turns out the patrons were Black, making this awkward for the people previously mocking the patrons. And now we have this new angle:

“Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.

The media seemed to delight in this story about these Texas rednecks. Then it turns out the patrons were Black, making this awkward for the people previously mocking the patrons.
    Doesn’t make it awkward at all. Anti-vaxxers are stupid, and anti-vaxxers who attack people just doing their jobs can fork right off to jail.

“Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.
    I mean, it might be possible if they’re letting in non-vaccinated white people but turning around and turning away black people based on vaccination status. We’d need that context to be sure, but it’s probably much more likely that he’s an anti-vax toolbag.

Do you think liberals aren’t allowed to think black people are wrong?

Why not still mock them? I mean, can we safely assume they're not rednecks, just because they're Black?

Either way, it's crappy behavior and they deserve to face criminal charges. I don't agree with NYC's restaurant mandate, but if you want to travel there and eat there, you have to follow the rules there. No one has the right to attack a hostess or waiter/waitress for just following their policy. You don't lay hands on other people.

You can't walk out of a bar with your drink either. A concept foreign to most folks living in or around New Orleans. Open container law?

Also, trying to make it about Vaccine mandates vs BLM is a fools choice.

If some of these NYC restaurants employees, hostesses, waiters or managers or other patrons make racist, bigoted comments or inferences while mocking some of these out-of-town tourists from other states who are African-American or Hispanic, then yeah, it will be your's or there forking problem. A serious, terribly mismanaged one, in terms of PR.

Last edited:
    According to Dr. Thomas Sowell southern blacks can also be
    Doesn’t make it awkward at all. Anti-vaxxers are stupid, and anti-vaxxers who attack people just doing their jobs can fork right off to jail.

I mean, it might be possible if they’re letting in non-vaccinated white people but turning around and turning away black people based on vaccination status. We’d need that context to be sure, but it’s probably much more likely that he’s an anti-vax toolbag.

Do you think liberals aren’t allowed to think black people are wrong?
    You mean, when some or perhaps a majority in the African-American community don't agree with some policies liberal Dems push or propose and maybe a few lash out at them in a way that seems condescending, or demeaning, to some. Like liberal Dems aren't capable or just as likely to be draft or propose well-meaning, but inconclusive, inept or shortsighted legislation that is more damaging in the long-term as it might seemingly benefit most people in a short-term analysis.

If some of these NYC restaurants employees, hostesses, waiters or managers or other patrons make racist, bigoted comments or inferences while mocking some of these out-of-town tourists from other states who are African-American or Hispanic, then yeah, it will be your's or there forking problem. A serious, terribly mismanaged one, in terms of PR.
    Did she? Any proof of that?

Did she? Any proof of that?
    I'm saying in situations where these incidents do occur and lets not be too naive to believe that brazen, openly out racist, xenophobic, homophobic butt crevasses or idiots don't exist or aren't that plentiful even in deep blue liberal cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston, or historically liberal San Francisco. One of the defendants lawyers in the original NYT article claimed one of these restaurants waitresses/waiters, or another patron dining at the restaurant made racist comments or used racially-charged comments, which one of those three black women, said primarily was what set her off.

This is one of those cases where "proof" is hard to come by, because even if one of those restaurant's employees, or patrons did say something racist to one of those black women, do you really think they'd admit it knowing the immense cost and blow it would be to their business, reputation, or their personal integrities being exposed as racist bigots to the wider, consumer public. Its a they said/we didnt say sort of conundrum where you have to examine the facts and read between the lines and nuances and come to your own conclusion.

That is the impression in a large segment of the population. However, I have seen white left wingers put down black conservatives on a regular basis. There are exceptions to the rule.
    You took me off ignore. Interesting.

I'm saying in situations where these incidents do occur and lets not be too naive to believe that brazen, openly out racist, xenophobic, homophobic butt crevasses or idiots don't exist or aren't that plentiful even in deep blue liberal cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston, or historically liberal San Francisco. One of the defendants lawyers in the original NYT article claimed one of these restaurants waitresses/waiters, or another patron dining at the restaurant made racist comments or used racially-charged comments, which one of those three black women, said primarily was what set her off.

This is one of those cases where "proof" is hard to come by, because even if one of those restaurant's employees, or patrons did say something racist to one of those black women, do you really think they'd admit it knowing the immense cost and blow it would be to their business, reputation, or their personal integrities being exposed as racist bigots to the wider, consumer public. Its a they said/we didnt say sort of conundrum where you have to examine the facts and read between the lines and nuances and come to your own conclusion.
    OK, I thought you were using it as a defense for this, vs a hypothetical.

I heard that initial report too, but I assumed it was just a defense tactic thrown out there to save face.

OK, I thought you were using it as a defense for this, vs a hypothetical.

I heard that initial report too, but I assumed it was just a defense tactic thrown out there to save face.

Yeah, I'm not really buying the racist comment thing, especially since this was over vaccine mandates. Too many people acting belligerent over that. But who know, maybe it happened. In any case, minority or not you don't get an exemption from masking/vaccination mandates and they should have known that visiting in NYC.

Yeah, I'm not really buying the racist comment thing, especially since this was over vaccine mandates. Too many people acting belligerent over that. But who know, maybe it happened. In any case, minority or not you don't get an exemption from masking/vaccination mandates and they should have known that visiting in NYC.
    The hostess probably spoke in a manner that triggered the customer. Many American blacks have PTSD due to previous racism and once the amygdala gets turned on there is no turning back. They could have been more diplomatic with the customers. New York people tend to be rude.

The hostess probably spoke in a manner that triggered the customer. Many American blacks have PTSD due to previous racism and once the amygdala gets turned on there is no turning back. They could have been more diplomatic with the customers. New York people tend to be rude.
    Why don't you just come out and say that black people are uppity? Good lord.

You really do like to make a lot of assumptions based on spacious logic to come to your conclusions.

There's an episode of The Boondocks, that I swear you got this from. But seriously, if black peoples amygdala were activated in response to racism that way, there'd be a lot more violence in general.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom