Texans fight with hostess at NYC restaurant over vaccinations (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

tigerfan

Reaction score
    The media seemed to delight in this story about these Texas rednecks. Then it turns out the patrons were Black, making this awkward for the people previously mocking the patrons. And now we have this new angle:

“Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.

Please quote the racist statements I made.

As I said, it was done in real-time more than once, and you ignored it then. Doing it again doesn't seem like it will do much good.

Please quote the racist statements I made.
    What, all of them? No-one's got time for that.
    As I said, it was done in real-time more than once, and you ignored it then. Doing it again doesn't seem like it will do much good.
    Indeed, and it's plainly not in good faith. To repeatedly ignore people pointing out, clearly and explicitly, that what he's saying is racist and why it's racist, and then to turn around and act like it's the first he's heard of it is blatantly disingenuous.

And besides, if someone who spends ages gradually outlining a plan to take 'poor kids' from their 'dysfunctional homes' and assign them tutors in place of their 'parents who have no interest in educating their kids' to turn them into 'polite educated gentlemen', and then reveals their plan is only intended for 'descendants of slaves', and not 'other minorities or women', thus making it plain that by 'poor kids' they mean 'all African American boys' and by 'dysfunctional homes' they mean 'all African American homes', if that guy really need repeated explanations as to why that's racist, then they're clearly unable or unwilling to comprehend it.

So I don't mention that specific instance for his benefit. I just mention it because it should be clear that the guy disingenuously asking for people to 'quote his racist statements' in the hope that no-one can be bothered, or that if they can, they quote something ambiguous enough he can pretend it wasn't really racist, that guy has said some really, really, racist stuff.

Having a different point of view is not racism.
    Assuming that someone with a different point of view is racist is poor form.
    So anyway, when you’re accusing people of using straw-man arguments, make sure it’s as least as blatant as this one.

Having a different point of view is not racism.
    Assuming that someone with a different point of view is racist is poor form.

A different point of view is not racist. A racist point of view is racist. You have demonstrated both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom