Supreme Court rules prayer led by coach is A-OK (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

V Chip

Truth Addict
    Reaction score

Surprised this one wasn’t posted yet; in another precedent-ignoring decision, the SC ruled 6-3 that prayer led by coach after football games is not an establishment or endorsement of religion.

Until a Muslim coach does the same thing
    There aren’t enough Muslims, but there are plenty of atheists. What if an atheist coach went to the middle to preach humanism and explicitly say that god nor a ferry didn’t do this for you. You earned this through your hard work. Look inwards, not to some deity or some other supernatural force.

With that said, this decision isn’t as controversial nor destructive as the abortion nor the gun rulings. I understand that kids will face both peer pressure and a perception that they must go along to get playing time, and that’s wrong, but both sides can play this game. Unlike with the abortion and gun rulings which endanger people and can’t easily be played against the ruling.

Last edited:
    With the recent upholding of the 2nd, Roe being overturned and now this.....best month for American liberties by the SCOTUS in a long long time. Maybe ever.

If someone is worried about traumatizing kids by a prayer before a game, then you need to toughen up your kids a little because it is a pretty unforgiving world out there. And someone said you don't want to be an individual when playing team sports. yeah, hence the part about team. If you don't want to be part of the team don't be. If you don't want to pray, don't.
    If you can't stand up for your convictions, you zero right to ask others to quell theirs.
    How do you feel about an atheist’s prayer to your kids telling them that god is made up to manipulate you? Would religious kids be tougher then?

How do you feel about an atheist’s prayer to your kids telling them that god is made up to manipulate you? Would religious kids be tougher then?
    Didn't they really just open up Pandora's box for people of all faiths and belief systems (or lack thereof) to do anything and everything like that under the idea that it's defensible via this ruling from the Supreme Court?

Other than just straight up theocratic hypocritical bullshirt I don't see how they could now say to me that I can't tell my players after every practice or game "and remember guys, we don't pray to god because god doesn't exist. Team on three.."

BS, anyone who wants to pray before, during, or after a game can do so to themselves. Otherwise, they can mind their own business.

BTW, ditto abortion, mind your own business.
    Why? Why is praying before, during or after a game is so bad?

Where is this Farb when Republicans are trying to ban books or tell teachers they cannot mention in the classroom that gay people exist?
    Hi! I have talked about it. What books are being banned? Can you point me to a law that says that a teacher cannot mention that gay people exist?

So you'd keep your head down and mouth shut about prayers to Allah and references about becoming a muslim after every high school football game then, right?

And since you're so concerned about life, you're going to be right there with the Democrats plans for affordable healthcare, childcare, maternity leave, etc.....right?

LOL
    You are correct. Do you think a Jewish person or a Muslim person has never said a prayer before games? I have seen them with my own eyes and I gave them the respect entitled to someone practicing their faith in this country. Prayer is a wonderful thing.
    You guys think that the right is racist like the left. We are not. We actually want religious liberty for all Americans, regardless of what God you pray too. That goes for guns too. The more American exercising their 2nd amendment rights is a great thing and is encouraged by the right.

I hope that a Muslim wants to do this because you’ll be able to show your support. Or a Jew or a Wiccan or a Hindu or a Satanist or anyone but a Christian.
    Your bigotry is showing my friend. The right is not the left. We are not bigots. Religious liberty is wonderful thing for all religions.

You are correct. Do you think a Jewish person or a Muslim person has never said a prayer before games? I have seen them with my own eyes and I gave them the respect entitled to someone practicing their faith in this country. Prayer is a wonderful thing.
    You guys think that the right is racist like the left. We are not. We actually want religious liberty for all Americans, regardless of what God you pray too. That goes for guns too. The more American exercising their 2nd amendment rights is a great thing and is encouraged by the right.
    You are shifting what this is about.

Anyone is and should be free to pray before a game, quietly and to themselves.

There's a difference between that and a situation in which the coach gathers the players together and leads them in prayer. And that is what I object to, as I am absolutely certain you would object to me pushing upon your child for no reasons relevant to my job that "god doesn't exist."

You are shifting what this is about.

Anyone is and should be free to pray before a game, quietly and to themselves.

There's a difference between that and a situation in which the coach gathers the players together and leads them in prayer. And that is what I object to, as I am absolutely certain you would object to me pushing upon your child for no reasons relevant to my job that "god doesn't exist."
    Did he force them to pray? Do we force the national anthem or can players respectfully kneel or stay in the locker room?

If someone didn't want to pray and he forced them in anyway, you have a point. If it was voluntary and the kids are not forced, I don't see a problem regardless of what God they are praying too.

You mean what they hear in the culture all day every day? Yeah, I think they will be fine too.
    I have a feeling the religious kids will get together and have a group prayer and the atheist kids can gather around a tree or a drag queen or whatever God they want to pray to at that time.

Did he force them to pray? Do we force the national anthem or can players respectfully kneel or stay in the locker room?
    I don't understand how that makes sense or is relevant to this?

If someone didn't want to pray and he forced them in anyway, you have a point. If it was voluntary and the kids are not forced, I don't see a problem regardless of what God they are praying too.
    The players are forced to assemble and listen to him in the same way that I would assemble and force my players/your child to hear from me that God doesn't exist.

Yes the kids could plug their ears while I am saying that to them but that's incorrectly putting the onus on the children to disregard something that I shouldn't be saying to them in the first place.

Hi! I have talked about it. What books are being banned? Can you point me to a law that says that a teacher cannot mention that gay people exist?
    The Florida don’t say gay law. Look it up, again. I know we have explained to you a million times. Don’t bother with “it doesn’t say that” argument. I’ve heard it. As explained to you a number of times, it doesn’t have to say “don’t say gay” to have that exact effect.

Teachers who are married to a same sex partner are being told they must remove all family pictures from their classroom. They are told they must remove rainbow stickers. Their families are essentially being erased. To pretend otherwise is just part of the cruelty that is the whole point of these laws.

.that may be true for you but many on the right want a Christian theocracy and all other religions outlawed. Certainly you recognize that?

.that may be true for you but many on the right want a Christian theocracy and all other religions outlawed. Certainly you recognize that?
    He wants it too, don’t let him gaslight you. Maybe not outlawing other religions, just make them second class.

Your bigotry is showing my friend. The right is not the left. We are not bigots. Religious liberty is wonderful thing for all religions.
    Right. How did you type that with a straight face?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom