Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

Fair. I probably should have been clear that I wasn't speaking about abortion. What I really want to ask him is how we should punish someone that demands abortions for unfaithful wives and drowns babies and kills all of the firstborns in certain countries.
    Why would we be punishing a person in another country?

With all due respect, go peddle your BS to someone else.
    I am asking you a very specific question to judge where you stand on a topic. Don't take it personally, I get asked a lot of questions in a negative way.

So the answer is a no. Men and women can bear young, depending on how that person identifies as that given moment, correct?

You would be a baby murder. But a woman getting an abortion is not a baby murderer. Given 99% of woman have abortions before fetus is viable and 42% of those are medication abortion, they're aborting a fetus.

You brought that on yourself when you quacked like a duck.
    Well, in my opinion, she is as well. So is the male if he didn't fight like hell to keep her from murdering their child.
    Does medical abortions also include dismemberment abortions or just the easy poisoning of the child?

Does medical abortions also include dismemberment abortions or just the easy poisoning of the child?
    Is medically necessary amputation of a limb considered assault and battery?

I am asking you a very specific question to judge where you stand on a topic. Don't take it personally, I get asked a lot of questions in a negative way.

So the answer is a no. Men and women can bear young, depending on how that person identifies as that given moment, correct?
    This is trolling. I’ve already answered the question sufficiently. Drop it.

Personally, I'm fine with Kansas voting to keep abortion legal. I was opposed to Roe, but it was never about whether it should be legal or illegal. It's who should decide. Abortion is a state matter, not one for the USSC IMO.

The process is finally working as intended again.

Well, in my opinion, she is as well. So is the male if he didn't fight like hell to keep her from murdering their child.

Yes, you and many others have that opinion. It's wrong.

A medical abortion is any abortion that isn't a spontaneous abortion or a medication abortion. I do not believe most medical abortion include dismemberment since, as already stated, the overwhelming majority of abortions occur early in pregnancy's, aren't fully formed and do not require anything beyond suction. In the 1% of abortions that occur beyond viability and require a medical abortion, I would assume it requires dismemberment of the fetus.

Disagree. Fundamental human rights have always done poorly when left up to the states.
    Disagree on both counts. Abortion is not a fundamental human right, and local government is almost always more aligned to the wishes of their population than a distant and bloated federal government.

Disagree on both counts. Abortion is not a fundamental human right, and local government is almost always more aligned to the wishes of their population than a distant and bloated federal government.

You don't believe bodily autonomy is a fundamental right? Would it be okay for the government to pass a law mandating that all men get vasectomies to prevent potential unwanted pregnancies and abortions? Should men be held criminally responsible and serve jail time for having unprotected sex with a woman, that then has an unwanted pregnancy, that then leads to an abortion?

You don't believe bodily autonomy is a fundamental right? Would it be okay for the government to pass a law mandating that all men get vasectomies to prevent potential unwanted pregnancies and abortions? Should men be held criminally responsible and serve jail time for having unprotected sex with a woman, that then has an unwanted pregnancy, that then leads to an abortion?
    You raise a lot of good questions. None of them have any relevance here of course.

Didn't the president try to force people to get a vaccine under the threat of losing their careers? Where's the fundamental right to bodily autonomy in that?

Last edited:
    Why would we be punishing a person in another country?

Sorry, I was clearly being too vague, I was referring God. These are all things the Bible tells us He did. Were they wrong when He did them or only when others do them? If they were right for him, does that not make them right for others, since you derive your ideas of right and wrong from that same source?

You raise a lot of good questions. None of them have any relevance here of course.

They're all relevant. You just don't want to answer them because they contradict your point.

Didn't the president try to force people to get a vaccine under the threat of losing their careers? Where's the fundamental right to bodily autonomy in that?

The president didn't force anybody to get a vaccine. You and everybody else had the bodily autonomy to not get a vaccine, as evident by the many dumb people that didn't get one. He did mandate vaccinations for health care workers, once they were available, to prevent the spread of Covid. That has a long legal history here in the US and a proper use of executive power during a pandemic.

This is trolling. I’ve already answered the question sufficiently. Drop it.
    You have not for this discussion, but OK. I will leave it until the next time you call my opinions not based in reality and my beliefs a 'lie'.

Personally, I'm fine with Kansas voting to keep abortion legal. I was opposed to Roe, but it was never about whether it should be legal or illegal. It's who should decide. Abortion is a state matter, not one for the USSC IMO.

The process is finally working as intended again.
    Yep. I the wording of it was horrible and seemed overly cumbersome. Not saying it was purposeful, but it didn't make a lot of sense when reading it, but then again, I am not very smart person.

https://sos.ks.gov/elections/22elec/2022-Primary-Election-Constitutional-Amendment-HCR-5003.pdf

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom