Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

I don't usually quote Wikipedia, but in this case I find the summation of the Seven Mountain Mandate to be accurate based on credible articles and reports I've seen in the past. Don't take my or Wikipedia's word for anything, look into if for yourselves.

The Seven Mountain Mandate, also Seven Mountains Mandate, 7M,[1] or Seven Mountains Dominionism,[2] is a dominionist conservative Christian movement within Pentecostal and evangelical Christianity.[1][3] It holds that there are seven aspects of society that believers seek to influence: family, religion, education, media, entertainment, business, and government.
    The movement is believed by its followers to have begun in 1975 with a purported message from God delivered to evangelicals Loren Cunningham, Bill Bright, and Francis Schaeffer ordering them to invade the "seven spheres" of society identified as family, religion, education, media, entertainment, business, and government. The idea was not seriously considered until 2000 during a meeting between Cunningham and Lance Wallnau. The movement came to prominence after the 2013 publication of Wallnau's and Bill Johnson's Invading Babylon: The 7 Mountain Mandate.[4]
    The movement was generally supportive of the presidency of Donald Trump, with member Paula White becoming Trump's spiritual advisor. White claimed that Trump "will play a critical role in Armageddon as the United States stands alongside Israel in the battle against Islam." In 2020 Charlie Kirk said "finally we have a president that understands the seven mountains of cultural influence" during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference.[4]

For some it's a literal apocalypse cult:

Followers believe that by fulfilling the Seven Mountain Mandate they can bring about the end times.[4]

Alleged followers:

Mike Johnson, Republican Congressman from Louisiana and Speaker of the House
    Rafael Cruz, pastor and father of Senator Ted Cruz[2]
    Paula White, spiritual advisor to Donald Trump[3]
    Andrew Wommack, evangelical leader[7][8]
    Lauren Boebert, US House member[9]
    Michele Bachmann, U.S. representative for Minnesota's 6th congressional district from 2007 until 2015.[10]
    Tom Parker, Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court [11]

Also, there's billionaires Tim Dunn and Farris Wilks in Texas who are implementing their own version of the Seven Mountains Mandate in Texas as a testing ground for the rest of the nation. The whole CNN documentary is important to watch to understand the orchestrated and deliberate effort taking place to replace American democracy with an authoritarian version of Christianity, but you just need to watch about 5 minutes from where this video link starts.

Dunn and Wilks support and prop up Paxton, Abbott and several of members of the Texas legislature. They have ties to various Koch Brother foundations. They are the main supporters pushing public school vouchers in Texas, are big supporters of climate denialism, and are big supporters of extreme right media outlets.

Here's another part of the documentary in which Ted Cruz's father very sincerely and emphatically shares his thoughts on the matter. You only need to watch about 2 minutes from where the video starts with this link.

Again, I think it's important to watch the whole documentary and research the matter for oneself. Believe all of these people. They are spending millions of dollars to take theocratic control of the country. They are organized, methodical, relentless and do everything they can to keep what they are doing hidden in the shadows.

Christian nationalists, which in large part are also white nationalists, having their actions publicly exposed is their biggest weakness and a necessary tool towards stopping their plans. Exposing them is not enough, but it is necessary.

Last edited:
    If you believe that personhood begins at conception, which is the corner anti-abortionists have painted themselves into, then you must outlaw IVF, you must criminalize abortion for any reason, including certain death of the mother. Women who have ectopic pregnancies would be forced to die, if the embryo is considered a full person with all rights to personhood. Even removing a doomed embryo would be murder.

But they cannot back down, they cannot compromise. For if a frozen embryo isn’t considered a person, and can be disposed of, then how can they refuse the woman’s right to dispose of an implanted embryo?

This is an extremist stance, that cannot be supported without using extremism.

BOISE, Idaho. (AP) — More than 50 Idaho obstetricians have stopped practicing in the state since a near-total abortion ban took effect in August 2022, according to a newly released report.

Data compiled by the Idaho Physician Well-Being Action Collaborative also shows that only two obstetricians moved to the state to practice in the last 15 months, the Idaho Statesman reported on Tuesday. Obstetricians provide health care during pregnancy and childbirth.

The number of obstetricians in Idaho decreased from 227 in 2022 to about 176 in 2023, a decline of 51 doctors, the report said. The Idaho Physician Well-Being Action Collaborative was created in 2018 by local doctors to address problems affecting physicians and patients in Idaho communities, according to its website.

The numbers “should concern every person living in or considering a move to Idaho," the Idaho Coalition for Safe Healthcare said this week in a news release. The coalition is the parent group of the Idaho Physician Well-Being Action Collaborative.

Additionally, the report said two hospital obstetrics programs — at West Bonner General Health in Sandpoint and at Valor Health in Emmett — have closed since Idaho’s law banning abortion took effect, the report said.

A third hospital obstetrics program is in “serious jeopardy” of closing, the report also said..........

I don't usually quote Wikipedia, but in this case I find the summation of the Seven Mountain Mandate to be accurate based on credible articles and reports I've seen in the past. Don't take my or Wikipedia's word for anything, look into if for yourselves.

For some it's a literal apocalypse cult:

Alleged followers:

Also, there's billionaires Tim Dunn and Farris Wilks in Texas who are implementing their own version of the Seven Mountains Mandate in Texas as a testing ground for the rest of the nation. The whole CNN documentary is important to watch to understand the orchestrated and deliberate effort taking place to replace American democracy with an authoritarian version of Christianity, but you just need to watch about 5 minutes from where this video link starts.

Dunn and Wilks support and prop up Paxton, Abbott and several of members of the Texas legislature. They have ties to various Koch Brother foundations. They are the main supporters pushing public school vouchers in Texas, are big supporters of climate denialism, and are big supporters of extreme right media outlets.

Here's another part of the documentary in which Ted Cruz's father very sincerely and emphatically shares his thoughts on the matter. You only need to watch about 2 minutes from where the video starts with this link.

Again, I think it's important to watch the whole documentary and research the matter for oneself. Believe all of these people. They are spending millions of dollars to take theocratic control of the country. They are organized, methodical, relentless and do everything they can to keep what they are doing hidden in the shadows.

Christian nationalists, which in large part are also white nationalists, having their actions publicly exposed is their biggest weakness and a necessary tool towards stopping their plans. Exposing them is not enough, but it is necessary.

American Taliban

I do think they are going to find that the Establishment Claus has its limits - no matter how they pack the Court.

Last edited:
    I hate living in this state, but I don't want to move up north. Is there anywhere sane left that isn't freezing cold?

My first thought was NC, but they are totally forked since that the recently elected (D) switched parties and gave (R) a veto-proof majority (their first order of business was stripping reproductive rights). Oh and recently did some heavy (R) gerrymandering due to packing the court. So NC is going to be forked for a very long time. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/28/us/north-carolina-supreme-court-gerrymander.html

If you believe that personhood begins at conception, which is the corner anti-abortionists have painted themselves into, then you must outlaw IVF, you must criminalize abortion for any reason, including certain death of the mother. Women who have ectopic pregnancies would be forced to die, if the embryo is considered a full person with all rights to personhood. Even removing a doomed embryo would be murder.

But they cannot back down, they cannot compromise. For if a frozen embryo isn’t considered a person, and can be disposed of, then how can they refuse the woman’s right to dispose of an implanted embryo?

This is an extremist stance, that cannot be supported without using extremism.

I wonder if a woman can use "stand your ground" and/or the Castle Doctrine to kill a fetus that's threatening her? Do you have to use a gun or will a scalpel do?

ARLINGTON, Tex. — Kelsie Norris-De La Cruz tried not to cry as the doctor in the emergency room delivered one of the most frightening diagnoses a pregnant woman can receive.
    The 25-year-old college senior was told she likely had an ectopic pregnancy, a highly dangerous condition where the embryo implants outside of the uterus. Without immediate treatment, the fallopian tube can rupture — and the patient can die.

The law that has prohibited abortions in Texas since Roe v. Wade was overturned now explicitly allows doctors to treat ectopic pregnancies. But when doctors at Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital evaluated Norris-De La Cruz last week, they refused to terminate the pregnancy, saying there was some chance the pregnancy was still viable, Norris-De La Cruz recalled. Instead, they advised her and her mother to go home and wait, according to medical records reviewed by The Washington Post.

Norris-De La Cruz ultimately received emergency surgery about 24 hours later at a different hospital in the area, at which point her ectopic pregnancy had already started to rupture. The OB/GYN who performed the procedure said that, if Norris-De La Cruz had waited much longer, she would have been “in extreme danger of losing her life.”

“I was scared I was going to ... lose my entire reproductive system if they waited too long,” Norris-De La Cruz said in an interview two days after her surgery. “I knew it could happen at any moment.”

Her case highlights a chilling reality of post-Roe America: Medical exceptions to abortion bans have not stopped doctors from turning away patients with significant pregnancy complications, often with harrowing consequences. Their stories underscore the messy collision between abortion laws and medical diagnoses — and the struggles of doctors and hospitals to navigate what many say are inadequate legal protections to treat women with life-threatening conditions.

In the nearly two years since Roe fell, dozens of women have come forward with stories of medical care denied because of abortion bans, with the changes in treatment bringing some close to death or affecting patients’ future fertility. Several dozen women across the country who experienced pregnancy complications have challenged their state abortion bans in court.

The Post learned of Norris-De La Cruz’s case when her mother, seeking advice, called a Houston reproductive health clinic when a reporter was present. To corroborate Norris-De La Cruz’s account, The Post reviewed dozens of pages of medical records, sonogram images, photos and text messages, and conducted interviews with many of the people involved in the case.

Four OB/GYNs who reviewed Norris-De La Cruz’s medical records for The Post, with Norris-De La Cruz’s permission, said she should have been offered emergency surgery. They said they suspected Texas’s abortion ban played a role in how she was advised.

“That should have been a bread and butter slam dunk diagnosis,” said Clayton Alfonso, an OB/GYN at Duke University. “It doesn’t make sense to me that they would send her away, unless they had a fear that the surgery … could be perceived as causing an abortion.”............

Dan McClellan has multiple degrees from top notch universities including a PhD in Biblical Studies from Exeter in England.

It seems most Christians I've talked to haven't read the whole bible. Or even most of it.
    I've made the argument above before, but it never seems to sink in. It's not super cut and dry although the Catholic church has been against abortion for it's entire existence, there has been different thoughts on the "ensoulment" of a person for all of Christianity as well.

It seems most Christians I've talked to haven't read the whole bible. Or even most of it.
    I've made the argument above before, but it never seems to sink in. It's not super cut and dry although the Catholic church has been against abortion for it's entire existence, there has been different thoughts on the "ensoulment" of a person for all of Christianity as well.
    And it’s all moot anyway for anyone who isn’t Christian. They don’t have the right to force people to observe their religious beliefs. They can have their beliefs and even argue about them amongst themselves. They have the freedom to do that. They can excommunicate anyone who breaks their religious tenets. But they should never force people to observe their religion. I think the Bible says something about that, as well.

Never believe them. They will try to say they are FOR IVF, but the banning of IVF is the natural outcome of Dobbs. They go together, you can’t have one without the other.

I'm sure that's the end game. Sickening..

Never believe them as they backtrack now. Their actions tell a different story.

What happened to all of Steel’s embryos that she didn’t use? She should be required to pay child support for all of them. They should face the ramifications of their draconian laws.

What happened to all of Steel’s embryos that she didn’t use? She should be required to pay child support for all of them. They should face the ramifications of their draconian laws.
    That will never happen, and they count on it never happening. That’s the whole point - to create an “in” group that never has to face the consequences of their beliefs, and an “out” group who doesn’t believe like they do, but must still face the consequences of the in-group’s beliefs. It’s the power that they want to wield that is what drives them.

It’s all interconnected. Anti-abortion is a means to an end, and that end is forcing women back into second-class status. They cannot have women out there controlling their own reproduction and their own lives. These are two tweets from a thread containing links to an article about this.

A cancer diagnosis often comes with a host of difficult decisions, including what to do about the impact of treatment on a person’s fertility. Many individuals grappling with this dual burden turn to in vitro fertilization (IVF) as a way to preserve their reproductive options.

That’s why cancer patients and oncologists are expressing shock and anxiety about the recent ruling by the Alabama Supreme Court that frozen embryos are considered children under the law.
The ruling is already having a chilling effect on IVF clinics in the state.

Worries are mounting that other states could adopt similar rulings that would impede fertility medicine for people, including many cancer patients, who say assisted reproductive technology might be their only way of having a family after treatments.

“We’re leaving a lot of young men and women to deal with the long-lasting effects of the cancer treatments, and some of those effects could be infertility and premature menopause,” said Deanna Gerber, a gynecologic oncologist at NYU Langone Perlmutter Cancer Center who is a triple-negative breast cancer survivor.

“It’s the responsibility of the oncologist to think about … not just treating the cancer, but to think about the long-term effects that these treatments can have on the patient’s life, and quality of life.”
Madeline B., 33, said she cried when she heard the news of the Alabama court ruling.

She describes feeling overwhelmed and upset but said the ruling didn’t surprise her.

The Texas resident, who asked to be identified by her first name only for privacy reasons, underwent fertility treatments following a breast cancer diagnosis in 2019 and has one frozen embryo stored in case she decides to pursue IVF. She said that going to rallies and events with her mother growing up gave her a firsthand view into the antiabortion movement…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom