/* */

Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

I don't want to hijack this thread. If you want to know my personal thought on this matter, make a new thread.
    That shipped done sailed, because hijacking this thread is exactly what you did.

Like every dog, you realize you've bit off more than you can chew once you've caught the car.

Last edited:
    Why should I pay attention? All you anti-racists sound the same.
    All anti-racists speak out against racism, that much is true.

Notice how you just revealed and confirmed you are pro-racist?

I just wanted to let people know that it's ok to love white people.
    Not a single person in this thread has said or believes otherwise and this is the first time that you've actually said "it's ok to love white people."

Had you said "it's ok to love white people" from the very start instead of what you actually said, you would have gotten nothing but agreement from everyone. To bad that's not what you've actually been saying until just now.

That shipped done sailed, because hijacking this thread is exactly what you intended.

Like every dog, you realize you've bit off more than you can chew once you've caught the car.
    Yes, yes, you have totally decimated me. Can we talk about something else now?

Dude, I don't have any argument. I just wanted to let people know that it's ok to love white people.
    Can't argue with that.

"It's OK to love white people, because Hitler thought French people weren't white enough because they're not Nordic, also I don't care what Hitler thought," could be a lot of things - an incoherent attempt at trolling, embarrassed white supremacy, just plain gibberish - but one thing it is definitely not is an argument.

You are the last one to accuse anyone of psychopathy, sir.

Let me be very clear: any white person who does not care about his race is the one with the rotten psyche. You need to look inward and ask yourself why you are so incapable of love.
    Wow! Thanks for that! What a stunning response…to absolutely nothing.

Race is a social construct. It doesn’t exist except as a social construct.

Let me be clear: any person who cares about skin color is mentally ill. Skin color has nothing to do with intelligence, talent, the ability to work cooperatively, empathy, courage or any other trait valued for human survival as a species.

I should clarify.

Race is an irrelevant social construct regarding intrinsic value of human beings.

Race is relevant as regards power structures within society. Thus vigilance regarding how, when, where and why power is applied is important and very relevant. that is the essence of political economy. So-called color blindness does not exist when power relations demonstrate the opposite.

I want brown people out of Texas and out of the country.

Abortion, I don't have any strong feelings about. But regardless, it has nothing to do with sexism.
    As a brown person living in Texas, that's never happening. Take your wishes and hopes to another country.

You're not Asian and this little game is stupid.

Last edited:
    The MO GOP just effectively killed rape and incest exceptions to their abortion ban. So even children as young as 10 will be forced to give birth if they are raped repeatedly by their stepfather, father, uncle, cousin. That’s anti-child, anti-woman, anti-human really.

Oh, and MO is also the state where a GOP bill is being proposed to permanently bar any woman who has ever had an abortion from Medicaid.

Last edited:
    The MO GOP just effectively killed rape and incest exceptions to their abortion ban. So even children as young as 10 will be forced to give birth if they are raped repeatedly by their stepfather, father, uncle, cousin. That’s anti-child, anti-woman, anti-human really.

Oh, and MO is also the state where a GOP bill is being proposed to permanently bar any woman who has ever had an abortion from Medicaid.
    Wow. Stunningly stupid of them. So, let us say that a woman had an abortion due to the fetus dying which caused he to be dying. Said woman then leaves an abuser and needs help getting employment and medical care. They wouldn’t allow her Medicaid even if she was getting help to KEEP a pregnancy?

Jana May was at a barbecue dinner for a local politician in Lubbock, Texas, in 2020 when she first heard about the wave of ironclad abortion laws being pushed in the state.

At the time, May, then president of the High Plains Republican women, had no idea what a sanctuary city was until a fellow dinner guest explained to her that movement was afoot to get one established in Lubbock. "When he did, I mean, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up," May, 67, said.

Across the country, 67 cities and seven counties have passed so-called "sanctuary cities for the unborn" ordinances — local laws that seek to ban abortions in the area. The means vary by community, with some blocking the shipment of drugs used to perform an abortion and others making it punishable to perform or aid in an abortion on their residents.

Lubbock, a town in northwest Texas of about 260,000 people, passed their own ordinance by citywide vote in 2021, a year after May’s dinner conversation.

The Lone Star State has been the testing ground for conservative efforts to scale back abortion access nationwide. And in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s decision nearly two years ago reversing the federal right to an abortion, these ordinances have spread beyond Texas, into neighboring states like New Mexico and even liberal strongholds like Illinois.

The debate over abortion rights stands to be a key issue in this year’s elections, whether on the ballot or the top of voters’ minds. As local and legal challenges mount, the battles have already begun in cities and towns across America.

May returned home that evening back in 2020 to Amarillo, Texas, about 120 miles straight north of Lubbock. She remembers crying the whole way.

“I knew that God was telling me that I needed to bring it to Amarillo,” May said.

She started the push for an ordinance in the town that had been her home since 1976 by gathering community support. May also got in touch with east Texas pastor and prominent anti-abortion activist Mark Lee Dickson, inviting him to Amarillo.

As a leader of the sanctuary city movement, Dickson has traveled to areas across Texas and the country since 2019, after he helped push through the first of these ordinances in Waskom, Texas, a small town of 2,000 sitting on the Louisiana border.

The end goal, he said: abolishing abortion in all 50 states.

“From the beginning, I have said that this is not going away. And it's just apparent that this is all coming to a head,” he said...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom