Suggestion thread (plus a heads up and a question for you all). (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    Seems we've gotten this thing pretty stable, the addons are all in place and all of the server tweaks are in, so we plan to officially launch this site next Tuesday, November 12th (EDIT to Wednesday, November 13th). In the meantime, I am open to any suggestions that you might have regarding features. If the suggestions make sense, are do-able and not overly complex I can see what I can do.

StudioSaint suggested on the other site that we add a board for those that decline to declare affiliation (conservative/moderate/liberal) and I would like to hear your thoughts on that. If you like the idea... any suggestions on what we should name that board?

My initial reaction to his suggestion was that the MCB should cover that, but then I remembered that not everyone will be suited for this MCB board due to the rather strict behavioral rules on this board... and the Mud Pit will obviously not be moderated enough. I thought that most of those that declined to commit as either conservatives or liberals would declare as moderates, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I am open to the idea.

-Andrus

Last edited:
    Maybe a sports forum? I mean really... It may draw people from all over the country that does have at least one team that they love... Who Dat!

Is there anyway.. Lets say a thread is moving really fast... 6 hours later there are 5 new pages... You go to your first unread post... You reply... and then it take you to your second unread post and not the end of the thread.... I get lost...

Old school, the OP set forth an idea, established the tone for a thread and essentially owned it from start to finish. It seems we've gotten away from that simple idea.

How does the OP fit in with this forum? Any guidance about the role of the OPs here?
    Role of the OP is to make a good thread. ha.

I disagree with "essentially owning it" after it starts. I think most who care would have a vested interest in that, but once it is out there, it is up to the community to drive the conversation. An OP can try to steer it back, but it's not their job.

Role of the OP is to make a good thread. ha.

I disagree with "essentially owning it" after it starts. I think most who care would have a vested interest in that, but once it is out there, it is up to the community to drive the conversation. An OP can try to steer it back, but it's not their job.

Thank you for your opinion, but the webmaster is the OP and it's his sticky thread for suggestions.

Interesting little feature:

1580169635130.png

You got me there. Everything seems to be fine on the server-side. I have never had that issue, but that doesn’t mean others are not. Let me know what browser you are using also.

My issue happened once again at work. It gives me the "this website isn't safe" message, and when I click the advanced then "take me anyway" link, our internet filters kick in with this:

URL: madaboutpolitics.com
    URL Categories: Non-Managed
    Policy: Policy=default
    User: auto_bypass
    User's IP: 10.19.7.144
    Timestamp: Mon Jan 27 13:36:02 2020
    Acceptable Use Policy
    The site you have requested has been blocked because it does not comply with the filtering requirements as described by the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA).

Again, I know I most likely should just chalk it up to not using it at work, but in general I only pop on during lunch break times. This is using Google Chrome with whatever the most recent updates are. The crazy thing is, I might be able to go in tomorrow and jump on here just fine...go a few weeks and then be right back to this warning for a few days.

It gives me the "this website isn't safe" message, and when I click the advanced then "take me anyway" link, our internet filters kick in with this:

If you’re getting a certificate error, there’s something else going on. Either your office goes through a proxy and there’s a certificate issue, or the MAP certificate got screwy in your Chrome session. Have you tried using an incognito window or different browser to verify?

My issue happened once again at work. It gives me the "this website isn't safe" message, and when I click the advanced then "take me anyway" link, our internet filters kick in with this:

URL: madaboutpolitics.com
    URL Categories: Non-Managed
    User's IP: 10.19.7.144
    Timestamp: Mon Jan 27 13:36:02 2020
    Acceptable Use Policy
    The site you have requested has been blocked because it does not comply with the filtering requirements as described by the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA).

Again, I know I most likely should just chalk it up to not using it at work, but in general I only pop on during lunch break times. This is using Google Chrome with whatever the most recent updates are. The crazy thing is, I might be able to go in tomorrow and jump on here just fine...go a few weeks and then be right back to this warning for a few days.
    I blame Joe's thread about Drag Queen's reading children stories.

If you’re getting a certificate error, there’s something else going on. Either your office goes through a proxy and there’s a certificate issue, or the MAP certificate got screwy in your Chrome session. Have you tried using an incognito window or different browser to verify?

I've not tried either of those, but just like before, I'm currently sending this message from my work computer. That's what is so odd about the whole thing, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll check with IE to see if it works on there later.

I've not tried either of those, but just like before, I'm currently sending this message from my work computer. That's what is so odd about the whole thing, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll check with IE to see if it works on there later.

Unless these are changing during certain times:

Well...actually...looking at it, it doesn't look like Chrome is happy with the cert @Andrus
    1580312151354.png

Firefox is happy, so I never noticed it. Offhand I'd guess some images aren't coming from HTTPS.

It's Ok.. Andrus has hired only the Best IT technicians to work on the problem.

maxresdefault.jpg

Joe seems to have a weird fascination with Trannys. :scratch:... Go ahead Joe.... Put on a dress and wear makeup all that you want to! We won't judge! :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom