Suggestion thread (plus a heads up and a question for you all). (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    Seems we've gotten this thing pretty stable, the addons are all in place and all of the server tweaks are in, so we plan to officially launch this site next Tuesday, November 12th (EDIT to Wednesday, November 13th). In the meantime, I am open to any suggestions that you might have regarding features. If the suggestions make sense, are do-able and not overly complex I can see what I can do.

StudioSaint suggested on the other site that we add a board for those that decline to declare affiliation (conservative/moderate/liberal) and I would like to hear your thoughts on that. If you like the idea... any suggestions on what we should name that board?

My initial reaction to his suggestion was that the MCB should cover that, but then I remembered that not everyone will be suited for this MCB board due to the rather strict behavioral rules on this board... and the Mud Pit will obviously not be moderated enough. I thought that most of those that declined to commit as either conservatives or liberals would declare as moderates, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I am open to the idea.

-Andrus

Last edited:
    Dark Mode loses the "search" box for me:
    1573267904497.png
    Not sure what type of device you are using, but the Search box goes into the header in Dark mode on iphones.

1573269132438.png

PC, Chrome. .no search. It ends at the light bulb.

The fonts for Home, Forums, etc are all larger.

So because it was bugging me, I opened chrome on my PC and went over to the site and took the screen screen shot below. I see the search right above my name on the upper right in the same row as the logo. :idunno:

You don't see that on your PC?

I know about the fonts.

1573278607908.png

So because it was bugging me, I opened chrome on my PC and went over to the site and took the screen screen shot below. I see the search right above my name on the upper right in the same row as the logo. :idunno:

You don't see that on your PC?

I know about the fonts.

1573278607908.png
    Andrus,

I'm using Firefox, but it may be the same thing happening on Chrome, so this might be helpful. When I scroll down a page, the Logo and search bar gets pushed up and hidden, instead of getting locked at the top with the row that has my name and the light bulb icon.

When I scroll back up to the top of the page, the logo and search bar scroll back down into view.

Andrus,

I'm using Firefox, but it may be the same thing happening on Chrome, so this might be helpful. When I scroll down a page, the Logo and search bar gets pushed up and hidden, instead of getting locked at the top with the row that has my name and the light bulb icon.

When I scroll back up to the top of the page, the logo and search bar scroll back down into view.

Ok! I see what is going on. That was done intentionally. The reason being that within the Dark Mode style if I place the search feature in the Navigation row along side the light bulb it forces the search feature out wide on smart phones so you end up with spacing and a broken UI basically, so I placed the search in the header. You will have to scroll back up to use the search until I figure out what is going on with that.

Ok! I see what is going on. That was done intentionally. The reason being that within the Dark Mode style if I place the search feature in the Navigation row along side the light bulb it forces the search feature out wide on smart phones so you end up with spacing and a broken UI basically, so I placed the search in the header. You will have to scroll back up to use the search until I figure out what is going on with that.
    I'm cool with scrolling up. I was just trying to save you some time with diagnosing the issue.

the light blue vertical line is still there, but the 'unread' bolding is gone now. I know you're busy - so no sweat. Just thought I'd point it out.

Last edited:
    the light blue vertical line is still there, but the 'unread' bolding is gone now. I know you're busy - so no sweat. Just thought I'd point it out.

I think that I've figured out the issues with search not showing up on devices and chrome, as well as the "unread" issue that you mentioned above.

That was on my PC, Google Chrome.

Andrus,

You guys should be good now as far as the search icon showing up in chrome on both PC's and other devices. Let me know if you are still having that issue.

You guys should be good now as far as the search icon showing up in chrome on both PC's and other devices. Let me know if you are still having that issue.
    It's good on Firefox. Thanks and hope it didn't take up too much of your time.

It's good on Firefox. Thanks and hope it didn't take up too much of your time.

All in a days work... well, except for the 4 hours I spent watching the LSU - Alabama game this afternoon, which was a great one! :9:

I am done with that dark mode style for now, I think. I can tweak it later. I've tweaked the red style a bit also, but still now 100% happy with that one and will work on it some more... then it's on to the next task.

Correction on the launch date. It will be Wednesday rather than Tuesday. I have some upgrades to perform tomorrow evening and have someone coming in to clean up some templates afterwards. I also still have some clean up to do within threads on this board. Sorry for the delay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom