Suggestion thread (plus a heads up and a question for you all). (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    Seems we've gotten this thing pretty stable, the addons are all in place and all of the server tweaks are in, so we plan to officially launch this site next Tuesday, November 12th (EDIT to Wednesday, November 13th). In the meantime, I am open to any suggestions that you might have regarding features. If the suggestions make sense, are do-able and not overly complex I can see what I can do.

StudioSaint suggested on the other site that we add a board for those that decline to declare affiliation (conservative/moderate/liberal) and I would like to hear your thoughts on that. If you like the idea... any suggestions on what we should name that board?

My initial reaction to his suggestion was that the MCB should cover that, but then I remembered that not everyone will be suited for this MCB board due to the rather strict behavioral rules on this board... and the Mud Pit will obviously not be moderated enough. I thought that most of those that declined to commit as either conservatives or liberals would declare as moderates, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I am open to the idea.

-Andrus

Last edited:
    I am placing this below my last post on this thread intentionally as I would like for the latter part of my post above to be read by those that are still complaining about moderation bias.

We have received an incredible amount of reported posts for such a small community. Every perceived slight, no matter how insignificant or ambiguous is reported, and due to tribalism, it is almost always the opposition being reported. Some of these reports just make me shake my head at how sensitive some of you are. Then if the reported post either isn't promptly addressed or is simply rejected, a few of you go back to your affiliate board and cite it as moderation bias. There is no political bias here regarding moderation. There is only behavioral bias. If either you don't believe that or can't accept it, then leave! Those that continue to stir up that pot will not be tolerated.

So, two things:
    1. Moving forward, be certain that what you are reporting is and actual trigger or what you are reporting is in violation of the posting guidelines otherwise.
    2. Complaints about moderation on any board is considered public undermining. If I see any more of that I will immediately ban the offending member without any warning or further communication. There will be a zero tolerance policy toward staff and site undermining moving forward.

We will begin promoting this site to the outside world before long, and I don't want new members coming in to be subjected to any such complaining about moderation, so I will soon be removing posts and in some cases entire threads that contain any content that is critical of the staff, or allegations of biased moderation otherwise.

How is this the first time I've seen this thread?

Good job with the board, Andrus. Once I learned the moderation rules for the MCB, I've had no issues.

I'm not sure if this goes in this thread or not. Please delete or move to wherever it goes if so.

When I log in from my work computer, about 80% of the time I can get here no problem. We have filters and standard work style lockdown on the internet (I can't see social media stuff). Sometimes however, I'll attempt to pull the website up and it'll give me various "this website is not secured" response, and sometimes it'll give me the unreachable responses. I'll try to grab some screen shots to be more specific and then post them later. I just find it odd since I can access the site sometimes but not all. For the record, I've never had an issue with SR.

I'm not sure if this goes in this thread or not. Please delete or move to wherever it goes if so.

When I log in from my work computer, about 80% of the time I can get here no problem. We have filters and standard work style lockdown on the internet (I can't see social media stuff). Sometimes however, I'll attempt to pull the website up and it'll give me various "this website is not secured" response, and sometimes it'll give me the unreachable responses. I'll try to grab some screen shots to be more specific and then post them later. I just find it odd since I can access the site sometimes but not all. For the record, I've never had an issue with SR.
    You got me there. Everything seems to be fine on the server-side. I have never had that issue, but that doesn’t mean others are not. Let me know what browser you are using also.

You got me there. Everything seems to be fine on the server-side. I have never had that issue, but that doesn’t mean others are not. Let me know what browser you are using also.

I'm using Google Chrome, with the most up-to-date version. It could have just been something on my organization's side, because I've not had a problem once since I made that post. I'll screen shot and post if it happens again.

Is it possible to find out what posts of ours get deleted? I got a notification that one of mine was deleted that had a stated reason, but I don't actually know what it was.

Is it possible to find out what posts of ours get deleted? I got a notification that one of mine was deleted that had a stated reason, but I don't actually know what it was.

Can you give me a screenshot of the notification? There should have been a link supplied.

Can you give me a screenshot of the notification? There should have been a link supplied.

The link just takes me to the beginning of the thread.

screenshot.png

screenshot.png

Yeah... That's pretty crappy alert system. Naturally since the post was deleted you won't be able to view it, but it would be nice if the system could have added some detail. I'll need to add that to the coders to do list.

Another problem that I have found when cleaning up threads of multiple posts is that if I add a reason then all of the deleted posts authors get the same notification message when it only applies to person that broke the rules and not to the respondents whose subsequent replies were deleted because they quoted the violator. I need to do something with that also.

I see all of the neutral and negative post reaction emoticons have been removed. Is that a permanent change? Not every post makes me thumb, smile, giggle like a schoolgirl, guffaw, and/or fall in love.

screenshot.png

IIRC, it was a response to a deleted post, which was the main reason, and it was a bit of a one-up attempt. If that’s the one you’re thinking of, anyway, it was me.

IIRC, it was a response to a deleted post, which was the main reason, and it was a bit of a one-up attempt. If that’s the one you’re thinking of, anyway, it was me.

I'm not sure which one it is, which is why I asked. lol

I don't have a problem with posts being deleted for failing to meet the community standards. The main reason I am asking is because I don't know what was said that went against the standards and would like to make sure I am avoiding those sorts of comments in the future.

I see all of the neutral and negative post reaction emoticons have been removed. Is that a permanent change? Not every post makes me thumb, smile, giggle like a schoolgirl, guffaw, and/or fall in love.

There was a lot of complaining concerning both neutral and negative emojis on the MCB being used by members that would constantly use them without commenting, so rather than having to constantly deal with complaints of passive aggressive behaviour I removed them from the MCB board. As of now I have no plans to bring them back.

Old school, the OP set forth an idea, established the tone for a thread and essentially owned it from start to finish. It seems we've gotten away from that simple idea.

How does the OP fit in with this forum? Any guidance about the role of the OPs here?

There was a lot of complaining concerning both neutral and negative emojis on the MCB being used by members that would constantly use them without commenting, so rather than having to constantly deal with complaints of passive aggressive behaviour I removed them from the MCB board. As of now I have no plans to bring them back.
    I have been guilty of this at times. It’s never been done in a way to hide from commenting or to be passive aggressive though. In most cases someone else has already made the same point I was going to make, so it’s more done to show approval/disapproval and avoid redundant posting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom