So I went to Mexican immigration... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    ... To find out what papers I need to get Mexican green cards for my wife and son . The place was packed. A few 'Muricans, lots of Cubans, lots of Venezuelans, a few Salvadoreans, even one Indian.

The TV was set to a news channel, which, perhaps ironically, was showing the confrontations between Mexican riot police and a horde of people trying to breach the border from Guatemala into Chiapas, the first "caravan" of 2020, while the brand new National Guard was merely watching.

That segment was followed by the illustrious Mexican President, wearing 2 leis, a sarape, and holding a baton with color ribbons, boasting there are 4000 jobs in Chiapas and financial aid for Central Americans. Some indignant reporter shouted "what about jobs and financial aid for Mexicans?!?" After all, Chiapas is a poor State. The President was surprised by the question, he just replied "yeah, yeah" and went on with his tiresome populist message.

Last edited:

Has the Mexican government reached out to the governments of those other countries?

What is the relationship like between the governments of these countries and the Mexican government?

I ask because I really don’t know and figure you have a better idea than I do.

I imagine we would end up getting a similar reaction from the people of Belize and Costa Rica after a while.

Has the Mexican government reached out to the governments of those other countries?

What is the relationship like between the governments of these countries and the Mexican government?

I ask because I really don’t know and figure you have a better idea than I do.

I imagine we would end up getting a similar reaction from the people of Belize and Costa Rica after a while.
    MX: "Hello? Costa Rica? This is Mexico speaking... "
    CR: "Pura vida!!!"
    MX: "Listen, about this immigrant probl..."
    CR: *click*
    MX: "Hello? Hello?"

I can guarantee you CR wants nothing to do with this mess. Why would they?

MX: "Hello? Costa Rica? This is Mexico speaking... "
    CR: "Pura vida!!!"
    MX: "Listen, about this immigrant probl..."
    CR: *click*
    MX: "Hello? Hello?"

I can guarantee you CR wants nothing to do with this mess. Why would they?

So what do you think could be done to help the problem with the flow of people?

It is only going to get worse.

I guess it’s the whole attitude that irks me. It doesn’t seem much different than the redneck at the local grocery store complaining about all the Mexicans.

Obviously perspective is not a thing for you.

So what do you think could be done to help the problem with the flow of people?

From Mexico's perspective? Again, if you don't want to be in Mexico, don't come here. If you defy Mexican laws and attack Mexican lw enforcement, we don't let you in.

Obviously perspective is not a thing for you.

How so? I just told you my perspective. You come off pretty bad here. It’s one thing to state your case, it’s another to do so in a way that paints a broad brush of negativity against a group of people.

How so? I just told you my perspective. You come off pretty bad here. It’s one thing to state your case, it’s another to do so in a way that paints a broad brush of negativity against a group of people.
    Yes, you told me your perspective, from the white-guilt U.S. side of things, where the immigrants want to be ( heck, they may even sing "oh sey can ju siiiiiii").... But apparently in your world there is no Mexican perspective, and Mexicans should let Central-Americans do as they please in Mexico , while Mexicans bankroll their journey to the promise land, even when they insult and harm Mexicans.

And I say fork that. You don't want to be in Mexico? Don't come here.

Yes, you told me your perspective, from the white-guilt U.S. side of things, where the immigrants want to be ( heck, they may even sing "oh sey can ju siiiiiii").... But apparently in your world there is no Mexican perspective, and Mexicans should let Central-Americans do as they please in Mexico , while Mexicans bankroll their journey to the promise land, even when they insult and harm Mexicans.

I may be a little late in picking up on this, but did you start this thread just to vent?

You still aren’t really saying what you think should be done.

Should Mexico start shooting or detaining migrants?

Do you think the outcome of that would make things better or worse for Mexico?

You still aren’t really saying what you think should be done.

Should Mexico start shooting or detaining migrants?

Do you think the outcome of that would make things better or worse for Mexico?
    I thought post #5 made it clear. If they attack Mexicans, shoot them. Any country that doesn't like it, feel free to come get them.

I thought post #5 made it clear. If they attack Mexicans, shoot them. Any country that doesn't like it, feel free to come get them.

What do you think the outcome of that would be?

You may not care about that right now, but it would be the next thing you cared about.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. I may be a white guy from the US, but I have been living in Mexico City since 2010, have a Mexican wife and lots of Mexican friends. But keep talking out your arse. To me you just sound like any other racist.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. I may be a white guy from the US,
    Apparently I do.
    but I have been living in Mexico City since 2010, have a Mexican wife and lots of Mexican friends. But keep talking out your arse. To me you just sound like any other racist.
    I bet you have gay and black friends too.

And if being against a horde of non-Mexicans attacking Mexicans because they want to practically break into the country, and advocating Mexican authorities respond to violence with violence, makes me a racist, then I gladly proclaim myself a racist.

I am getting tired of the questions. What are you trying to get at?

I'm just trying to figure what you think should be done about the situation.

You are clearly frustrated by the situation. I don't fault you for that, but just getting tough on the migrants isn't going to solve the problem. It will just create new problems.

It seems like you just made this thread to complain, you do not seem interested in thinking about how to actually solve the problem. You just want to throw rocks at people.

Apparently I do.

I bet you have gay and black friends too.

Another swing and miss. Let me draw the relevance for you since you can’t do it for yourself.

You: “You’re opinion is based on white privilege and only from a US perspective.”

Me: “Actually I’ve been living in Mexico for nearly 10 years, have a Mexican wife, Mexican friends (therefore have both a firsthand perspective and perspective of others both from and living in Mexico).”

You: “I bEt u hAve tHa gaY eNd BlaCk frIENdz 2”

good job!

FWIW at least the people I know don’t want to shoot them. Hell, at least Trump only wants to put kids in cages.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom