So I went to Mexican immigration... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    ... To find out what papers I need to get Mexican green cards for my wife and son . The place was packed. A few 'Muricans, lots of Cubans, lots of Venezuelans, a few Salvadoreans, even one Indian.

The TV was set to a news channel, which, perhaps ironically, was showing the confrontations between Mexican riot police and a horde of people trying to breach the border from Guatemala into Chiapas, the first "caravan" of 2020, while the brand new National Guard was merely watching.

That segment was followed by the illustrious Mexican President, wearing 2 leis, a sarape, and holding a baton with color ribbons, boasting there are 4000 jobs in Chiapas and financial aid for Central Americans. Some indignant reporter shouted "what about jobs and financial aid for Mexicans?!?" After all, Chiapas is a poor State. The President was surprised by the question, he just replied "yeah, yeah" and went on with his tiresome populist message.

Last edited:
    You seem overly focused on a small percentage of the migrants.

Imagine if all of us were lumped together with the worst of us.

I am focused on the horde that has attacked Mexican officers and is threatening to charge 1000-2000 strong into Mexico. What other migrants do you feel I should be focusing on?

Still waiting on your location so I can go throw rocks at you if you don't let me into your house to do whatever I want to do while you feed me, cloth me and treat me of what ails me.

I am focused on the horde that has attacked Mexican officers and is threatening to charge 1000-2000 strong into Mexico. What other migrants do you feel I should be focusing on?

Still waiting on your location so I can go throw rocks at you if you don't let me into your house to do whatever I want to do while you feed me, cloth me and treat me of what ails me.

All 1000 - 2000 of this group were throwing rocks?

I’m not going to judge a person based entirely on what they do when they are tired and hungry.

All 1000 - 2000 of this group were throwing rocks?
    I didn't count them.

I’m not going to judge a person based entirely on what they do when they are tired and hungry.
    I don't know if this qualifies as judging a person or not, but if you throw rocks at me while try to break into my house and take my stuff, I'll shoot you.

I didn't count them.

I don't know if this qualifies as judging a person or not, but if you throw rocks at me while try to break into my house and take my stuff, I'll shoot you.

That’s not what is happening.

This isn’t a metaphor.

People have left their homes and are now hundreds or thousands of miles away and without enough resources to sustain themselves.

They aren’t trying to break into anyone’s home and to characterize it this way paneers to the extremists on either end of the spectrum.

That’s not what is happening.
    Yes, it is.

People have left their homes and are now hundreds or thousands of miles away and without enough resources to sustain themselves.
    Ok. And?

They aren’t trying to break into anyone’s home and to characterize it this way paneers to the extremists on either end of the spectrum.
    They are trying to break into Mexico, by force and violently, demanding they be fed, clothed, medicated, and transported to the border to the U.S. And those who do so, should be dealt with accordingly.

... so, about those rocks...

Yes, it is.

Ok. And?

They are trying to break into Mexico, by force and violently, demanding they be fed, clothed, medicated, and transported to the border to the U.S. And those who do so, should be dealt with accordingly.

... so, about those rocks...

You are equating home and house. They are not the same thing. That is a distortion of reality. If “home” means country it cannot mean “house”.

If we can’t agree on reality, there isn’t any point.

You are equating home and house. They are not the same thing. That is a distortion of reality. If “home” means country it cannot mean “house”.

If we can’t agree on reality, there isn’t any point.

So you are going with semantics... ok.

Reality, you say? The reality is, a horde of people is trying to enter a country by force and violently, even when the Mexican authorities have told them they will help if they follow the process. They already have attacked Mexican officers and elements of the National Guard.

But to you, that's ok. Mexicans should just take their whipping stoning and cater to demands of foreigners who don't respect Mexico, Mexicans, or Mexican laws.

So you are going with semantics... ok.

Reality, you say? The reality is, a horde of people is trying to enter a country by force and violently, even when the Mexican authorities have told them they will help if they follow the process. They already have attacked Mexican officers and elements of the National Guard.

But to you, that's ok. Mexicans should just take their whipping stoning and cater to demands of foreigners who don't respect Mexico, Mexicans, or Mexican laws.

No I think the United States should take pretty much all of these people.

... and exactly what that has to do with Mexico and Central Americans violently forcing their way into Mexico, attacking Mexican authorities, demanding they be taken care of until they reach their "promised land"?

... still waiting for a location, rocks in hand..

Wait what? Take people that are involved in committing crimes against the Mexican police, Mexican national guard, and potential innocent residents who happen to be in the path of their mob? Um, no thank you.

... and exactly what that has to do with Mexico and Central Americans violently forcing their way into Mexico, attacking Mexican authorities, demanding they be taken care of until they reach their "promised land"?

... still waiting for a location, rocks in hand..

I was responding to you. You said...

I think the US should be doing more to fix the problems it created over the past 50 years in central america. I think the US should be taking more of the refugees instead of putting pressure on Mexico to solve a problem that the US is responsible for creating.

The situation in Mexico is largely a creation of Trump's immigration policies.

Wait what? Take people that are involved in committing crimes against the Mexican police, Mexican national guard, and potential innocent residents who happen to be in the path of their mob? Um, no thank you.

The people attacking Mexican police are getting 100% of the media coverage, but don't represent a meaningful percentage of the total number of migrants. In 2019 CBP averaged over 2600 apprehensions per day. That is just the ones they caught. Almost 1 million people in 2019. Even if 10,0000 of the 1 million we caught last year were hardened criminals, that's only 1% of the total number of migrants.

This isn't a problem that we can just ignore, or build a wall to stop.

I was responding to you. You said...

I think the US should be doing more to fix the problems it created over the past 50 years in central america. I think the US should be taking more of the refugees instead of putting pressure on Mexico to solve a problem that the US is responsible for creating.

And that's great and all, but still, what you think should happen has no bearing in the reality of what is happening at the Mexican border.

The situation in Mexico is largely a creation of Trump's immigration policies.

It is not.

These caravans have been organized for much longer than 2 years. In the beginning, they were 100-200 people, who reached the border and went through the process of getting in. But these caravans have gotten larger and (more) violent, and created more problems for Mexican authorities and the Mexican people.

The people attacking Mexican police are getting 100% of the media coverage,

False.

There's been coverage of migrants getting offended by being offered jobs in Mexico, rating the food they have been given as "pig food", getting arrested on gun charges, attempted robbery, rape; how in their applications for asylum in the U.S. they badmouth Mexico, the trail of trash and feces they leave behind in their encampments, girls getting abducted by the cartels, Central American coyotes kidnapping migrants for ransom, dozens riding dump truck beds and some falling off on the highways...

but don't represent a meaningful percentage of the total number of migrants.

What's a "meaningful percentage" to you? How many injured Mexican police/National Guard would you consider acceptable because they are not a meaningful percentage ?

In 2019 CBP averaged over 2600 apprehensions per day. That is just the ones they caught. Almost 1 million people in 2019. Even if 10,0000 of the 1 million we caught last year were hardened criminals, that's only 1% of the total number of migrants.

How does this help the situation in Mexico?

...and these rocks are getting heavy.

Last edited:
    Well, this isn't exactly in line with this thread, but close enough, and closer than talking about throwing rocks...

This is a SCATHING opinion/order by the 7th district Court of Appeals, written by Esterbrook.

I'm going to copy most of it. I do wonder how much of this "let's just ignore the courts" stuff is being attempted here? This seemed like an easy thing the board could have dealt with, answered, and still gotten there way. But they ignored it. The Judges took their earrings off... (figuratively)

1579836460399.png

1579836547347.png

1579836579161.png

1579836605250.png

1579836711503.png

1579836885872.png

1579836987156.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom