SDNY fraud indictment of "We Build the Wall" non-profit org. includes Steve Bannon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    We Build The Wall purports to raise funds through a non-profit (501(c)(3)) to build segments of "Trump's Wall" (per their website). The founders include former Trump advisor Steve Bannon.

Today the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York announced the indictment of the We Build the Wall's principles for defrauding "hundreds of thousands of donors." The defendants, including Steve Bannon, have been arrested.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/p...ampaign-charged-defrauding-hundreds-thousands

One event is "pretty involved"?

For those that didn't read the indictment, it alleges that Bannon personally siphoned off $1 million for his own expenses.

Yeah, I don't believe Trump Org's statement that We Build the Wall didn't have Jr.'s authorization to use his quote on their site. And this "one meeting" was in 2019 - "many years after Trump had stopped talking to Bannon." This is just day one of people (not involved with the case) digging into this. Since when have they ever been honest about things when they get caught doing something wrong?

And I'm not saying he was involved with the actual scheme, just encouraging people to support it. He doesn't have to be in their office or one of their events to do that.

ETA:

This is the story I got the link to the ACLU tweet from. Sure looks like Trump's lying about not being in contact after Bannon got the boot in 2017.

The White House's story isn't adding up already.

Last edited:
    It would be nice if you would post your thoughts on your naked link. Otherwise it doesn't look like you are trying to promote a good discussion.
    It was a DIRECT reply to a post I made which is all the context the gif needs. Stop pretending you don't know the difference between what he did and posting a blind link.

It was a DIRECT reply to a post I made which is all the context the gif needs. Stop pretending you don't know the difference between what he did and posting a blind link.

Years ago, we went to see Lewis Black live.

He was incredible! It was a nice, intimate theater. He had just spent two days on the interstate frozen, outside of Buffalo, on his tour bus. So he was *extra* pissed off. Loved every second of it.

But if there was one drawback, it had to do with people sitting a few seats over.

It was a boyfriend and girlfriend, from what we could tell, out on a date. The boy was interested in or at least followed US politics. His girlfriend seemed to have no real knowledge of US politics.

So, several times during the night, Black would make a joke and we'd laugh and when the laughter died down we'd hear the boyfriend explaining to his date/girlfriend what the joke was.

I left there feeling satisfied - more than, actually - that I'd gotten my money's worth.

But I couldn't help but feel bad for the girl who had to have the joke explained to her, because it's just not nearly as funny if you don't get the joke in the first place.

Is Bannon a part of any campaign or the Administration? I must have missed it.
    No he isn't, but the people most likely under investigation by Durham aren't part of the Biden campaign and Barr already said Biden wasn't a target of the investigation.

No he isn't, but the people most likely under investigation by Durham aren't part of the Biden campaign and Barr already said Biden wasn't a target of the investigation.
    Who said people can’t be indicted in the Durham investigation?

Yes, to the eternal chagrin of Trump and his sycophants. Barr is playing a dangerous game, IMO. He is trying to appease a man who wants to be an authoritarian and place all his political rivals in prison. This is leading him to skirt the ethical boundaries, in the case you referenced, and just completely blow through them in other cases (Like Flynn and Stone).

Plus, we could throw in Ron Johnson’s mess, wherein he uses Russian misinformation to try to smear the democratic nominee and his son.

But this is sort of a thread jack, isn’t it? Maybe we should go back to the topic at hand.

Yes, to the eternal chagrin of Trump and his sycophants. Barr is playing a dangerous game, IMO. He is trying to appease a man who wants to be an authoritarian and place all his political rivals in prison. This is leading him to skirt the ethical boundaries, in the case you referenced, and just completely blow through them in other cases (Like Flynn and Stone).

Plus, we could throw in Ron Johnson’s mess, wherein he uses Russian misinformation to try to smear the democratic nominee and his son.

But this is sort of a thread jack, isn’t it? Maybe we should go back to the topic at hand.
    What are you referring to with Johnson?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom