SDNY fraud indictment of "We Build the Wall" non-profit org. includes Steve Bannon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    We Build The Wall purports to raise funds through a non-profit (501(c)(3)) to build segments of "Trump's Wall" (per their website). The founders include former Trump advisor Steve Bannon.

Today the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York announced the indictment of the We Build the Wall's principles for defrauding "hundreds of thousands of donors." The defendants, including Steve Bannon, have been arrested.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/p...ampaign-charged-defrauding-hundreds-thousands

Thanks, y'all. Makes sense now that I get it. IDK if it was in a tweet I posted here, but apparently they didn't use the FBI at all in this investigation because of fears it'd have been shut down by Barr's DOJ.

Like you mentioned, SDNY getting warrants to arrest Steve Bannon and using postal agents to make the arrest, after everything both Trump and Bill Barr have done over the last few months to kneecap both that particular U.S. Attorney's Office and the USPS, is extremely funny.

The "I don't know her" defense

What about this could possibly be considered "sad?" He doesn't even condemn the scheme just says that he thinks it was to showboat - not that it was intended to fleece his idiot supporters who were dumb enough to fall for it. And he absolutely knows two other people on that board. Kobach and Prince specifically. Oh yeah, "Sheriff" Clarke too.

And yet he was still indicted. I guess Barr's master plan didn't work to remove the SDNY US Attorney didn't work. 🤔

You can thank the federal bureaucracy and the bureaucrats that you are constantly lambasting who stay committed to their mission and don't allow politics to dictate wright and wrong for them.

Thanks, y'all. Makes sense now that I get it. IDK if it was in a tweet I posted here, but apparently they didn't use the FBI at all in this investigation because of fears it'd have been shut down by Barr's DOJ.

Perhaps but DOJ filed the indictment.

It appears he may have been outmaneuvered.
    It's more likey that the media narrative of Barr's plan to remove the SDNY US Attorney wasn't accurate. If Barr's plan was to protect people who could spill the beans on Trump, wouldn't Barr have to know what would have needed to be done to stop the investigation?

It's more likey that the media narrative of Barr's plan to remove the SDNY US Attorney wasn't accurate. If Barr's plan was to protect people who could spill the beans on Trump, wouldn't Barr have to know what would have needed to be done to stop the investigation?
    I don't know. I was just saying it seems plausible that he was outmaneuvered.

Perhaps but DOJ filed the indictment.
    But were basically in the dark for the investigation, right? I know Barr is loyal to Trump to a fault but I don't think even he would try to stop the indictment from being filed because of the giant stink that would come from it and it would be more fodder for more and more people to reject Trump.

And yet he was still indicted. I guess Barr's master plan to remove the SDNY US Attorney didn't work. 🤔

no, because Berman called him out publicly and wouldn’t let him install the toadie he hand picked. Instead Barr was forced to agree to keep Berman’s second in command. So no, he tried but failed to derail this case and he should be removed from office for even trying among his other transgressions.

I was wrong when I said earlier that these folks didn't build any wall. They did build a small section of private wall which is already falling down and the builder is the subject of ongoing federal criminal investigations.

President Donald Trump complained via Twitter on Sunday that a privately constructed border wall in Texas was a bad idea and poorly done — not mentioning that his administration has awarded the builder a $1.7 billion contract to build more walls.

With the backing of Trump supporters, Tommy Fisher built a 3-mile border fence along the Rio Grande, calling it the “Lamborghini” of fences. But just months after completion of his showcase piece directly on the banks of the river, there are signs of erosion along and under the fence that threatens its stability and could cause it to topple into the river if not fixed, experts told ProPublica and The Texas Tribune.

“I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles,” Trump tweeted with a typo in reaction to the news organizations’ report about the wall.

Trump’s tweet, however, is belied by actions his administration has taken to support the wall’s builder.

The administration gave Fisher the billion-dollar contract in May to build additional stretches of the wall in Arizona, despite a lawsuit around the South Texas project and an ongoing audit by the Pentagon’s inspector general of a previous border wall contract that is looking into possible “inappropriate influence.”

On Sunday, the congressman who called for the audit responded to the president’s tweet.

“The President isn’t telling the truth again. The Administration has awarded huge contracts to the same company, which is under Federal investigation, that built this fence,” Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., wrote in an email. “His Administration has also entertained outsourcing to private firms to get more mileage done before the election at the expense of proper oversight. There is no reason for construction to continue during a pandemic.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom