Russian attitudes taking hold in US (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no quoting. There is not even the name of the “expert”.

Silly on the face.

The Yale REES department is pretty small

The premise of the position is wrong. The OP doesn’t want an honest conversation comparing trump and Putin.

Getting into a tit for tat on everything the president does is non productive. What’s next a “daily trump tracker”?

The old esops fable still holds true. The problem is that this buffoon is going to get re-elected because of it. The left and the media has played this wrong from jump street and many of you have fell right in line.

Your arrogance is showing. You know what I want and what I don’t? 🤦‍♀️

As said, your response to a simple observation which was meant to spark a discussion is very telling. You and Archie have only been insulting and dismissive without countering the opinion of the expert in any way.

Refute the similarities, if you can. And my preference would be to do it without insulting me or any other poster, but that may be too big of an ask.

There is no quoting. There is not even the name of the “expert”.

Silly on the face.

The Yale REES department is pretty small

Well, I was listening to the discussion on the radio in my car during my commute. I didn’t catch the name. I didn’t take notes as I was driving.

Honest question, though. Does the similarity not occur to you when you see Trump’s shrugging response and essentially a defense of Putin’s tendency to have perceived enemies murdered? He actually drew a comparison between Putin’s murders and US murders. I think he said something like, we kill a lot of people too.

Or the more recent report that he informed his Russian guests in the Oval Office that Russian interference in our election didn’t bother him because we have done it too?

I’m not saying this is the most important or egregious wrongdoing of Trump. It was just an observation that I heard and found interesting.

Seems like it touched a nerve, though.

Your arrogance is showing. You know what I want and what I don’t? 🤦‍♀️

As said, your response to a simple observation which was meant to spark a discussion is very telling. You and Archie have only been insulting and dismissive without countering the opinion of the expert in any way.

Refute the similarities, if you can. And my preference would be to do it without insulting me or any other poster, but that may be too big of an ask.

If I made an insult, I apologize and I don’t think I did. We can make similarities to Barack Obama and Fidel castro if we want to look for them. What good does that do.

Your post comes of as an attempt to get people to pile on the president while comparing him to a communist dictator. It doesn’t come off as a genuine imo. The narrative could be used to compare him to hundreds of other leaders and politicians throughout history. Do you think it was just happenstance the author and you chose Putin?

Was this not an attempt to frame the picture a certain way?

I just reread this entire thread, I never one time insulted you, or even came close.

Last edited:
    Seems like it touched a nerve, though.

It’s not you, it’s LaMDS (Left and Media Derangement Syndrome). Some people know Trump is the problem, but it has been so ingrained in them to blame the left and media for everything that they have to find some way this is really all the media and left’s fault. So they make up terms like LDS to discredit discussion and talk about how he’ll be elected by the left and media instead of the complete moral rot of his voters. Then they feign shock that terms like LDS and petulant insult people.

Remeber, back in the early 2000’s it was Bush Derangement Syndrome. Same stuff, different decade.

And yes, I know I’m being insulting. I won’t feign surprise when I’m eventually called on it.

If I made an insult, I apologize and I don’t think I did. We can make similarities to Barack Obama and Fidel castro if we want to look for them. What good does that do.

Your post comes of as an attempt to get people to pile on the president while comparing him to a communist dictator. It doesn’t come off as a genuine imo. The narrative could be used to compare him to hundreds of other leaders and politicians throughout history. Do you think it was just happenstance the author and you chose Putin?

I just reread this entire thread, I never one time insulted you, or even came close.

One question: what does the D in TDS stand for? Would you consider being called deranged an insult or no?

You have also quite broadly inferred my motives in a negative light, (“not genuine”) without even knowing me. 🤷‍♀️

So rather than get personal, maybe you could show how Trump doesn’t share attitudes with Putin? I was hoping for a real discussion, actually.

It’s not you, it’s LaMDS (Left and Media Derangement Syndrome). Some people know Trump is the problem, but it has been so ingrained in them to blame the left and media for everything that they have to find some way this is really all the media and left’s fault. So they make up terms like LDS to discredit discussion and talk about how he’ll be elected by the left and media instead of the complete moral rot of his voters. Then they feign shock that terms like LDS and petulant insult people.

Remeber, back in the early 2000’s it was Bush Derangement Syndrome. Same stuff, different decade.

And yes, I know I’m being insulting. I won’t feign surprise when I’m eventually called on it.

You just hit the nail on the head. The left and the media did bombard Bush every day. They took a break for 8 years and now we have this.

The thing I know is that if Ted Cruz would have won, we would have the same hate and vitriol coming from the same people. It’s not unique to Donald Trump.

The public is tired of being told there is a wolf and that wolf is always a Republican.

Yeah, you have fun with that LaMDS. If you come up with something rational and based in reality I’ll engage. Until then you’re on my “not even worth it” list. It’s a short list, so congrats.

Yeah, you have fun with that LaMDS. If you come up with something rational and based in reality I’ll engage. Until then you’re on my “not even worth it” list. It’s a short list, so congrats.

So you want a reasonable discussion on comparing our president to a communist dictator only if it stays within that narrative. Lol you people are funny. ✌

Last edited:
    I’d point out that Russia isn’t a communist country anymore since apparently you’ve been napping since the 90’s, or in treatment for your LaDMS, and missed it.

He’s being compared to an elected autocrat that he boot licks on an almost daily basis. If you think he isn’t an elected wanna-be autocrat your LaDMS is worse than I thought.

Putin is in no way shape or form a communist

It's kind of hard to take anyone serious that calls him a Communist. Not as hard as taking someone seriously that uses TDS, but close.

Dang it must have been a movie I watched with a fake character. I’m pretty sure Putin was a member of the communist party in the 80’s and 90’s until the fall of communism.

I will happily get into a debate of how Putin operates today in comparison the the government of the Cold War.

But to say he isn’t a communist is like saying Robert Byrd wasn’t a racist.

In the 80's I was a member of a GI Joe fan club because that was the cool thing to be. I still believe knowing is half the battle, but it about ends there.

Putin is an autocrat and an opportunist. He is whatever power is at that moment. During the time of the Soviet Union, that was with the Communist Party. Now, it's with the oligarchs. Putin's ideology is power. The current Communist Party in Russia is constantly at odds with Putin specifically because he doesn't share their ideological ideas.

Edit: And in case it wasn't clear Putin is not a member of the current Communist party in Russia. He's a member of United Russia if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
    In the 80's I was a member of a GI Joe fan club because that was the cool thing to be. I still believe knowing is half the battle, but it about ends there.

Putin is an autocrat and an opportunist. He is whatever power is at that moment. During the time of the Soviet Union, that was with the Communist Party. Now, it's with the oligarchs. Putin's ideology is power. The current Communist Party in Russia is constantly at odds with Putin specifically because he doesn't share their ideological ideas.

Edit: And in case it wasn't clear Putin is not a member of the current Communist party in Russia. He's a member of United Russia if I remember correctly.

I will bookmark this comment for future use.

Are you trying to equate what you did as an adolescent to the politics of Putin?

Come on you guys are smarter than this. Pick a fight that has substance. Putin isn’t in the Communist party today, because he is a savvy dictator. He realizes that isn’t the way to make his iron fist acceptable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom