Right wing nuts thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ron DeSantis stripped more than $32m in arts and culture funding from Florida’s state budget over his hatred of a popular fringe festival that he accused of being “a sexual event”, critics of the rightwing governor say.

DeSantis justified his unprecedented, wide-ranging veto of grants to almost 700 groups and organizations by saying it was “inappropriate” for $7,369 of state money to be allocated to Tampa fringe, a 10-day festival that took place earlier this month with a strong message of inclusivity, and its sister event in Orlando.

“[It’s] like a sexual festival where they’re doing all this stuff,” DeSantis said at a press conference Thursday, without elaborating.

“When I see money being spent that way, I have to be the one to stand up for taxpayers and say: ‘You know what, that is an inappropriate use of taxpayer dollars.’”

As a result, he has canceled almost the entirety of Florida’s already slim funding to the arts world, denying much-needed dollars to a diverse array of groups including youth orchestras and choirs, museums, art galleries, dance troupes, zoos, cinemas and community theaters.

Most rely on the state contribution to operate fully, or in many cases simply for their survival. So it makes little sense to any of them that what DeSantis sees as standing up for the taxpayer equates to killing performances, exhibitions and jobs.

“It’s going to be a combination of everything, from tightening our programming and salaries, and going to our patrons, once again, for donations,” said Margaret Ledford, artistic director of City Theatre Miami, a small performing arts group that, among other projects, focuses on presenting short-form plays to middle schoolers.…….

Anyone want to guess how many people thanked Trump under this Picture?
    1719854775359.png

If that's legitimately his twitter account, then he's lethally serious even if he plays it off as a joke. Even if he's not, the very many people who vote for him because of that are completely, lethally serious.

I think this election is going to be a rough one regardless of who wins what.

Last edited:
    Anyone want to guess how many people thanked Trump under this Picture?
    1719854775359.png
    I worked at a Quik Trip in Wichita, KS back in the late 80's early 90's. Wichita at that time was a not as racialized as it is now. Should have seen it coming, because it was full of Amway slinging, evangelical Christian, Trump wannabes before that was even a thing. I went to a Amway rally once filled with higher up-pyramid rich distributors pumping everyone on Amway being their financial salvation. Talk about a cult. Never went back or looked back.

I worked at a Quik Trip in Wichita, KS back in the late 80's early 90's. Wichita at that time was a not as racialized as it is now. Should have seen it coming, because it was full of Amway slinging, evangelical Christian, Trump wannabes before that was even a thing. I went to a Amway rally once filled with higher up-pyramid rich distributors pumping everyone on Amway being their financial salvation. Talk about a cult. Never went back or looked back.
    I've been to a few of those network marketing things before. It's really nothing more than a cult shrouded in crass consumerism, or the flip of that. I'm not sure. It's that chicken/egg thing.

I've been to a few of those network marketing things before. It's really nothing more than a cult shrouded in crass consumerism, or the flip of that. I'm not sure. It's that chicken/egg thing.
    It is. It's the very same fervent, zealous energy. I know fervent and zealous are a bit redundant, but I really wanted to emphasis how irrational and swept up in strong emotions the crowd gets.

If that's legitimately his twitter account, then he's lethally serious even if he plays it off as a joke. Even if he's not, the very many people who vote for him because of that are completely, lethally serious.

I think this election is going to be a rough one regardless of who wins what.

He’s serious. Chip Roy recently tweeted that he supports “ethnic cleaning” by wanting to deport progressives.

This is a deliberate part of the intensifying rhetoric. They are telling us exactly what they want and what they plan to do.

Four years after deadly violence erupted during the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, a jury ordered white nationalist leaders and organizations to pay a total of more than $26m in damages to people with physical or emotional injuries from the event.

Most of that money, $24m, was for punitive damages, but a judge later slashed that amount to $350,000 – to be shared by eight plaintiffs. On Monday, a federal appeals court restored more than $2m in punitive damages, finding that each of the plaintiffs should receive $350,000, instead of the $43,750 each would have received under the lower court’s ruling.

A three-judge panel of the Richmond-based fourth US circuit court of appeals affirmed the jury’s award of $2m in compensatory damages, but it found that a state law that imposes the $350,000 cap on punitive damages should be applied per person instead of for all eight plaintiffs, as a lower court judge ruled.……

Four years after deadly violence erupted during the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, a jury ordered white nationalist leaders and organizations to pay a total of more than $26m in damages to people with physical or emotional injuries from the event.

Most of that money, $24m, was for punitive damages, but a judge later slashed that amount to $350,000 – to be shared by eight plaintiffs. On Monday, a federal appeals court restored more than $2m in punitive damages, finding that each of the plaintiffs should receive $350,000, instead of the $43,750 each would have received under the lower court’s ruling.

A three-judge panel of the Richmond-based fourth US circuit court of appeals affirmed the jury’s award of $2m in compensatory damages, but it found that a state law that imposes the $350,000 cap on punitive damages should be applied per person instead of for all eight plaintiffs, as a lower court judge ruled.……

The plaintiffs should continue their appeals all the way up to SCotUS, I'm confident that they could get their punitive damages knocked down to 1$.

NEW YORK (AP) — Rudolph Giuliani, the former New York City mayor, federal prosecutor and legal adviser to Donald Trump, was disbarred in the state on Tuesday after a court found he repeatedly made false statements about Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss.

The decision was handed down by a New York appeals court in Manhattan.

The court ruled that Giuliani be “disbarred from the practice of law, effective immediately, and until the further order of this Court, and his name stricken from the roll of attorneys and counselors-at-law in the State of New York.”

Giuliani’s spokesperson didn’t immediately respond to an email and a phone call seeking comment Tuesday.

Giuliani has already had his New York law license suspended for false statements he made after the election.

He was the primary mouthpiece for Trump’s false claims of election fraud after the 2020 vote, standing at a press conference in front of Four Seasons Total Landscapingoutside Philadelphia on the day the race was called for Democrat Joe Biden over the Republican Trump and saying they would challenge what he claimed was a vast conspiracy by Democrats……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom