Right wing nuts thread (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not even sure what thread to put this in
============================

In his sentencing memo Thursday, U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney made it clear why he was letting Tyler Laube off lightly.

It wasn’t just because of what Laube did or didn’t do – the defendant had already confessed to beating a journalist at a 2017 Southern California rally and pleaded guilty to violating riot laws as part of a white supremacist gang.

Laube deserved a light sentence, Carney said, because prosecutors should have focused on leftist groups.

In a 22-page memo, Carney repeatedly said prosecutors have “ignored” violence committed by Antifa and instead focused on targeting people like Laube – Trump supporters and members of the far-right.

“Sentencing Mr. Laube to additional incarceration would only increase the disparity between his punishment and the lack of punishment (and prosecution) members of far-left groups who have committed the same violent conduct received,” Carney wrote. The sentence: time served, 35 days, rather than the six months prosecutors had sought.

The same day Laube received his light sentence at the federal courthouse in Santa Ana, California, the largest-ever prosecution of members of Antifa in American history was going to trial just 89 miles away.

In San Diego, the last two defendants in the “San Diego 11” – members of Antifa charged with committing violence against Trump supporters in January 2021 – were sitting before a jury. Their nine co-defendants have already been sentenced, some to years in prison, for their crimes.

The two cases are not perfect parallels. Laube was charged and sentenced in federal court, whereas the two Antifa defendants in San Diego, Jeremy White and Brian Lightfoot, were charged by a local district attorney in state court. But both cases involve fights between the far-left and the far-right at protests. Both involve scraps caught on camera. Both cases focus not just on the violence but on the groups’ alleged organizing and planning before a melee.

The federal judge’s strong words – and clear political bent – are as unusual as they are uninformed, legal experts told USA TODAY.

“He’s really gone off the deep end,” John Donohue, a professor at Stanford Law School, said of Carney............

Massie is pointing out the absurdity of Mike Rogers saying that a warrant shouldnt be required for FISA when spying on Americans because it's too much to build a SCIF for a few FISA judges after he voted to give the FBI a new 200 million dollar headquarters.

It's a ridiculous reason.

Do you think a warrant should be required for FISA when it involves American citizens?
I mean, I'm not sure why the tweet matters. And of course a warrant should be required. See, it's not hard.

Massie is pointing out the absurdity of Mike Rogers saying that a warrant shouldnt be required for FISA when spying on Americans because it's too much to build a SCIF for a few FISA judges after he voted to give the FBI a new 200 million dollar headquarters.

Do you think a warrant should be required for FISA when it involves American citizens?
Well, a warrant is required and in some circumstances the conditions are heightened.

The ACLU maintains, likely accurately, that information collected without a warrant, I assume metadata, can be used in prosecutions.

This simply underscores the increased and increasing complexity of conflicting interests and cold conflicts that exist due to changing technology, potential mass human migration due to climate change, increasing regressive nationalism and increasing religionism. This is asymmetric warfare whether we like it or not. That it can and does lead to hot conflict should surprise no one. Again, 1930’s solutions have no place in the 21st century.

Who are these Congressmen that are arguing for warrantless searches???
Which Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court Judges doesn't have access to a SCIF???

Just more nonsensical lies poured out by the party of No Integrity to fulfill the thirst of anger that its masses desire.

I mean seriously, CNN, I think you have my affiliation screwed up with your ad partners...

1712698528415.png

Who are these Congressmen that are arguing for warrantless searches???
Which Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court Judges doesn't have access to a SCIF???

Just more nonsensical lies poured out by the party of No Integrity to fulfill the thirst of anger that its masses desire.
You are so deep into your talking points that you didn't realize Massie is criticizing a fellow Republican in Mike Rogers.

SAN FRANCISCO, May 19 (Reuters) - A U.S. court found that the FBI improperly searched for information in a U.S. database of foreign intelligence 278,000 times over several years, including on Americans suspected of crimes, according to a ruling released on Friday.

You are so deep into your talking points that you didn't realize Massie is criticizing a fellow Republican in Mike Rogers.

SAN FRANCISCO, May 19 (Reuters) - A U.S. court found that the FBI improperly searched for information in a U.S. database of foreign intelligence 278,000 times over several years, including on Americans suspected of crimes, according to a ruling released on Friday.

So we have a liar complaining about another liar. Cool. What was the purpose of you bring it to the board?

Massie isn't lying. It looks like you aren't familiar with FISA 702 and the renewal coming up.
I am familiar with it and Massie is spewing BS to generate fear and anger with those that are likely to eat up his BS. What does FISA renewal have to do about warrantless actions against US citizens? What FISA Court Judges don't have access to a SCIF? Are those things not the main talking point of Massie's tweet? You hate your government so much that you accept the lies.

Well, a warrant is required and in some circumstances the conditions are heightened.

The ACLU maintains, likely accurately, that information collected without a warrant, I assume metadata, can be used in prosecutions.
I've explained this to the people who think the FBI is violating the right to privacy by obtaining digital data, including metadata, without a warrant.

The right to privacy and a requirement for warrants only apply when a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

When a person clicks the checkbox for an end user license agreement (EULA) before installing an app, registering an account with a website, using a digital device and pretty much everything digital these days, they are always agreeing that the company can do whatever they want with any personal data of yours that they can get their hands on.

The same is true when a person clicks on agreeing to let a website set cookies.

Agreeing to the EULA and to cookies waives any and all expectation of privacy for the person that agrees to it. That allows the company to give or sell the data they collect on you to whoever they want, including any and all branches of government.

The problem is not the FBI or warrant less searches. The problem is most state legislatures and Congress refuse to pass laws that ban companies from withholding services from customers if they don't agree to letting the company grab and use as much of their personal data as they can.

It's something to legitimately be mad about, but be mad at the right people for the right reason.

This simply underscores the increased and increasing complexity of conflicting interests and cold conflicts that exist due to changing technology, potential mass human migration due to climate change, increasing regressive nationalism and increasing religionism. This is asymmetric warfare whether we like it or not. That it can and does lead to hot conflict should surprise no one. Again, 1930’s solutions have no place in the 21st century.

Tragically, there will be blood spilled. How much and how often is the only unforeseeable.

I am familiar with it and Massie is spewing BS to generate fear and anger with those that are likely to eat up his BS. What does FISA renewal have to do about warrantless actions against US citizens? What FISA Court Judges don't have access to a SCIF? Are those things not the main talking point of Massie's tweet? You hate your government so much that you accept the lies.
You might want to read up on it.

I think this may be the worst and most egregious thread jack I’ve ever seen. Good grief…..

Back to RWNJs:

You might want to read up on it.

Why don't those congressman instead pass a law that doesn't allow technology companies to collect personal data from users for the purpose is selling it on data markets or to anybody else? Then nobody can get it.

That I can get behind.

Last edited:
Why don't those congressman instead pass a law that doesn't allow technology companies from collecting personal data from users for the purpose is selling it on data markets or to anybody else? The nobody can get it.

That I can get behind.
He's not serious about actual solutions. He just needs something to argue about. It just seems like he's contrarian for the sake of it.

Why don't those congressman instead pass a law that doesn't allow technology companies to collect personal data from users for the purpose is selling it on data markets or to anybody else? Then nobody can get it.

That I can get behind.
I think that's something everyone would get behind. It's much more than that. The FBI improperly misused the intelligence database 278,000 times.

I'm not sure why anyone would be against a requirement that they get a warrant when an American citizen is involved. FISA is supposed to be used to spy on foreigners, but it's often abused by using it to spy on Americans without a warrant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom