Right wing nuts thread (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• This guy isn’t technically a nut job, but this chat just shows how nonsensical MAGA is. From a Twitter account called Proud Navy Veteran. He’s a good follow - he has a way of engaging with people and communicating the truth to them. Copy/paste due to length.

“I was in line at a very busy Lowe's in Kansas City. There was a man in front of me with a huge cart full of lumber.

He had a carpenter's pencil tucked under his #MAGA hat. I couldn't resist having a chat.

Me: Are you a contractor?

TS: Yes

Me: Staying busy?

TS: Booked through next Summer!

Me: From the look of this place, it seems everyone is busy doing something.

TS: (Chuckled) It's always like this.

Me: I guess a strong economy, rising wages, and job growth, are benefiting a lot of people.

TS: I don't think any of that is true.

Me: (I gave him a confused look, looked around, glanced up at his hat, and then back to his eyes, smiled broadly and said) No, I don't suppose you would.

TS: Whatever, (He turned away, paid and left).

The woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "He didn't have a clue what you meant!"

"If it wasn't so sad and dangerous, it would be funny," I replied. She frowned and shook her head in agreement.

It's striking the amount of information Trump Supporters are willing to ignore in service to their hate and biases.

When Trump says: "𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔," we know what their answer is always going to be.”

Gift article:

“In the final weeks of the presidential campaign, the richest man in the world has involved himself in the U.S. election in a manner unparalleled in modern history.

Elon Musk, seen over the weekend jumping for joy alongside former President Donald J. Trump at a rally in Butler, Pa., is now talking to the Republican candidate multiple times a week.

He has effectively moved his base of operations to Pennsylvania, the place that he has recently told confidants he believes is the linchpin to Mr. Trump’s re-election.

He has relentlessly promoted Mr. Trump’s candidacy to his 201 million followers on X, the social platform formerly known as Twitter that he bought for $44 billion and has used to spread conspiracy theories about the Democratic Party and to insult its candidate, Vice President Kamala Harris.”

Gift article:

“In the final weeks of the presidential campaign, the richest man in the world has involved himself in the U.S. election in a manner unparalleled in modern history.

Elon Musk, seen over the weekend jumping for joy alongside former President Donald J. Trump at a rally in Butler, Pa., is now talking to the Republican candidate multiple times a week.

He has effectively moved his base of operations to Pennsylvania, the place that he has recently told confidants he believes is the linchpin to Mr. Trump’s re-election.

He has relentlessly promoted Mr. Trump’s candidacy to his 201 million followers on X, the social platform formerly known as Twitter that he bought for $44 billion and has used to spread conspiracy theories about the Democratic Party and to insult its candidate, Vice President Kamala Harris.”
    My wife saw a sign on the way home from physical therapy that said: “Trump, Vance, Musk”.

Less than a month before the presidential election, multilevel marketing professional-turned-Christian “apostle” Jenny Donnelly is summoning women to the National Mall to fast, pray and uphold “the Lord’s authority over the election process and our nation’s leadership”.

It’s the first of a series of Christian nationalist gatherings in DC to rally believers to the Capitol ahead of the 2024 election.

The pro-Trump influencer has billed the event as a rallying call for mothers concerned about changing gender norms in modern America, gathering women under pink and blue banners emblazoned with the anti-trans hashtag #DontMessWithOurKids.

In her promotional materials, Donnelly casts the event at the Capitol as an opportunity for women to stand their ground and play a pivotal role in changing the cultural and political trajectory of the US.

Although Donnelly will headline the prayerful demonstration, the event is a collaboration organized by multiple far-right Christian leaders affiliated with the New Apostolic Reformation – a movement on the Christian right that seeks to establish Christian dominion over government and society in the long term – and get Trump elected in the nearer future.

Matthew Taylor, a senior scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian and Jewish Studies, said the effort is aimed at “creating a network – a mass of people – who see it as their spiritual mission to take over Washington DC”.

Most prominent in the push to turn out women to the National Mall is Lou Engle, a rightwing pastor and staunch opponent of LGBTQ+ rights and abortion, whose tutelage of anti-gay Ugandan pastors and coordination of mass prayer mobilizations has earned him international notoriety and celebrity.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which characterizes Engle as an anti-LGBTQ+ extremist, notes that Engle has in the past compared the anti-LGBTQ+ push to the secessionist south during the American civil war, calling on opponents of gay rights to emulate confederate general Robert E Lee, who “was able to restrain Washington”.

Donnelly’s vision – of a crowd of moms descending on the Capitol in pink and blue – is her own. Engle, whose mass prayer rallies have drawn hundreds of thousands to DC in the past, offers a platform to turn people out.

“We are seeing a million women and their families coming together to see this great country turn their hearts back to God,” said Donnelly, on a 21 June podcast promoting the march.

Donnelly, who lives in Portland, Oregon, with her family, described how during the Covid-19 lockdowns and Black Lives Matter protests – twin forces she says shut down her church – she was called by God to go deeper into the political realm.

“I said: ‘Lord, I’m just a mom of five, I have a great church – it’s not huge. I’ve done women’s retreats, I think I’ve been doing my part in the kingdom and I love Jesus so much, but I don’t even know where to begin, but would you put me in the fight?’” she said……..

Less than a month before the presidential election, multilevel marketing professional-turned-Christian “apostle” Jenny Donnelly is summoning women to the National Mall to fast, pray and uphold “the Lord’s authority over the election process and our nation’s leadership”.

It’s the first of a series of Christian nationalist gatherings in DC to rally believers to the Capitol ahead of the 2024 election.

The pro-Trump influencer has billed the event as a rallying call for mothers concerned about changing gender norms in modern America, gathering women under pink and blue banners emblazoned with the anti-trans hashtag #DontMessWithOurKids.

In her promotional materials, Donnelly casts the event at the Capitol as an opportunity for women to stand their ground and play a pivotal role in changing the cultural and political trajectory of the US.

Although Donnelly will headline the prayerful demonstration, the event is a collaboration organized by multiple far-right Christian leaders affiliated with the New Apostolic Reformation – a movement on the Christian right that seeks to establish Christian dominion over government and society in the long term – and get Trump elected in the nearer future.

Matthew Taylor, a senior scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian and Jewish Studies, said the effort is aimed at “creating a network – a mass of people – who see it as their spiritual mission to take over Washington DC”.

Most prominent in the push to turn out women to the National Mall is Lou Engle, a rightwing pastor and staunch opponent of LGBTQ+ rights and abortion, whose tutelage of anti-gay Ugandan pastors and coordination of mass prayer mobilizations has earned him international notoriety and celebrity.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which characterizes Engle as an anti-LGBTQ+ extremist, notes that Engle has in the past compared the anti-LGBTQ+ push to the secessionist south during the American civil war, calling on opponents of gay rights to emulate confederate general Robert E Lee, who “was able to restrain Washington”.

Donnelly’s vision – of a crowd of moms descending on the Capitol in pink and blue – is her own. Engle, whose mass prayer rallies have drawn hundreds of thousands to DC in the past, offers a platform to turn people out.

“We are seeing a million women and their families coming together to see this great country turn their hearts back to God,” said Donnelly, on a 21 June podcast promoting the march.

Donnelly, who lives in Portland, Oregon, with her family, described how during the Covid-19 lockdowns and Black Lives Matter protests – twin forces she says shut down her church – she was called by God to go deeper into the political realm.

“I said: ‘Lord, I’m just a mom of five, I have a great church – it’s not huge. I’ve done women’s retreats, I think I’ve been doing my part in the kingdom and I love Jesus so much, but I don’t even know where to begin, but would you put me in the fight?’” she said……..

Another millionaire God-botherer who claims God called her. Just another religionist liar.

My wife saw a sign on the way home from physical therapy that said: “Trump, Vance, Musk”.
    I've not seen a new vote for the criminal yard sign all year. There are a few four year old tattered yard signs still up which say Trump - Pence 2020, but no new ones. I've not seen any of the criminal's bumper stickers either.

I've seen some Harris/Walz signs. I don't put up yard signs, both of my paces are at the ends of roads. The only people besides my family who would see them would be delivery drivers.

I got an email notice last night that my ballot is waiting for me at my post office. I'm going to stop by, grab it, then drive to the elections office with it, fill it out in the car, and then walk it into the elections office and hand deliver it to them.

If it all goes as planned by the time I get home from the elections office I'll have an email confirmation confirming that my vote was received and will be counted.

I've not seen a new vote for the criminal yard sign all year. There are a few four year old tattered yard signs still up which say Trump - Pence 2020, but no new ones. I've not seen any of the criminal's bumper stickers either.

I've seen some Harris/Walz signs. I don't put up yard signs, both of my paces are at the ends of roads. The only people besides my family who would see them would be delivery drivers.

I got an email notice last night that my ballot is waiting for me at my post office. I'm going to stop by, grab it, then drive to the elections office with it, fill it out in the car, and then walk it into the elections office and hand deliver it to them.

If it all goes as planned by the time I get home from the elections office I'll have an email confirmation confirming that my vote was received and will be counted.
    Unfortunately, I am in a very red county in Ohio. The Trump signs from 2020 basically disappeared. Some popped up early in 2024 but they really showed up after Harris was the nominee and after the debate.

Unfortunately, I am in a very red county in Ohio. The Trump signs from 2020 basically disappeared. Some popped up early in 2024 but they really showed up after Harris was the nominee and after the debate.
    I live in a very red county here, In local races I've only seen one democrat win something, once. Then it turned out that person wasn't actually a democrat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom